2017 NHL Off Season

Rich

Getting Sergachev will certainly help Tampa's cap situation.  They had Tyler Johnson, Palat, and Drouin all as RFAs.  

In today's NHL, what is more valuable?  A Potential #1 centre or a potential 1-2 D man?  

Pressure is going to be on Drouin going to his home province.

Haven't figured out either team's expansion situation before this and how this affects who they protect and expose.  My guess is this helps Tampa, as I don't think Sergachev would need to be protected.

http://www.tsn.ca/avalanche-opt-to-buy-out-d-beauchemin-1.779892

Colorado just cut their Toby loose.

37 and only 836 career games.

5 goals 13 assists in 81 games with the last-place Avalanche this season. He finished third on the team in time on ice with 21:31 and was one of only three players to dress in 80 or more games.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

12 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

http://www.tsn.ca/avalanche-opt-to-buy-out-d-beauchemin-1.779892

Colorado just cut their Toby loose.

37 and only 836 career games.

5 goals 13 assists in 81 games with the last-place Avalanche this season. He finished third on the team in time on ice with 21:31 and was one of only three players to dress in 80 or more games.

He was solid for the Ducks when they won the Cup.

8 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If Enstrom declines to waive his NMC, would the Jets consider buying him out?  Wont cost much, they have the room.  But it means losing Toby from an already weak left side.

If Buff or Myers flipped to LHD, they could ice a very good top 4 though

Why would they want to buy him out?

Montreal needs a centre and Drouin is not that. I think, like the Subban trade, this will prove to be a big mistake.

Sergachev looks like the real deal and they would have controlled him for a long time.

Drouin has already had issues with management. What happens when the media/fans turn on him? Could be big trouble.

IMO, TBay won this trade by a long stretch. Time will tell though.

31 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Im not sure of the rules concerning the roster freeze but Toby has until tomorrow at 4:00 to give his decision to the Jets, presuming they asked him to waive his NMC.  I would assume the Jets, if Toby declines, would have a window to buy him out before submitting their protected list?

Id imagine they already know his answer and the dano signing was possibly a hint at him agreeing to waive. And they probably wouldnt buy him out. I think if push came to shove they'd just expose the injured myers and work out a deal where vegas doesnt take him. I actually think the Jets already know who Vegas will take 

Edited by Goalie