2017 NHL Off Season

Rich

26 minutes ago, Rich said:

He will be 41 at the start of next season.  How many more contracts are they supposed to give him?

Never said they should offer him a contract , simply stated that the business of hockey is cruel like in all sports grind you up spit you out understanding that they choose that life, like him or hate him not to many players have given so much to their organization.

I used to be a big Doan fan, but some of his ****-ish comments when the Coyotes might have been going back to Winnipeg really turned me off. Really came across as a spoiled Christian who wanted to play golf as much as he played hockey. Cared more about the "lifestyle" than the game...

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I used to be a big Doan fan, but some of his ****-ish comments when the Coyotes might have been going back to Winnipeg really turned me off. Really came across as a spoiled Christian who wanted to play golf as much as he played hockey. Cared more about the "lifestyle" than the game...

sure you weren't thinking of Bryz?

47 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Why would they want him. Hes rhd and we have 3 who are better. 

Not saying they do.

We have two that are better. Myers is questionable.

Hamonic's contract is great. When you consider future Jets contracts, there's value in that.

We don't know what Trouba's long-term plans are. The Jets may know more this summer, when the window opens for extensions. If Trouba is not willing to discuss an extension, then maybe you need to get ready for a time when he's not a Jet.

51 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

On the right side?  Hamonic is better defensively than Buff and Myers.  I like Hammy.  I wouldnt give up the farm for him though.

People don't seem to realize just how good Buff is in our own end.  He can be a bit of a risk taker at times, I concede that, but almost no one is as good at breaking up the play and getting the puck out of our end.  

Myers is also quite good.  With his reach, if the puck gets anywhere near him he is disrupting the play.  He had a ton of points in his rookie year and I think for that reason people have pigeon-holed him as a purely offensive guy when this is not even close to being the case.

Conversely I think Hamonic is being overrated on a pretty consistent basis.  He's a good defenceman.  But he is not in the same class as any of our RHD.  "Defensive defenseman" is about as complimentary as saying a guy is a good shot-blocker. 

43 minutes ago, Atomic said:

People don't seem to realize just how good Buff is in our own end.  He can be a bit of a risk taker at times, I concede that, but almost no one is as good at breaking up the play and getting the puck out of our end.  

Myers is also quite good.  With his reach, if the puck gets anywhere near him he is disrupting the play.  He had a ton of points in his rookie year and I think for that reason people have pigeon-holed him as a purely offensive guy when this is not even close to being the case.

Conversely I think Hamonic is being overrated on a pretty consistent basis.  He's a good defenceman.  But he is not in the same class as any of our RHD.  "Defensive defenseman" is about as complimentary as saying a guy is a good shot-blocker. 

So, when Buff is not a liability defensively, he's a good defenseman. And Myers is good because he has a long reach? His reach does help him because he gets caught out of position so often.

I don't think Hamonic is overrated and his contract is stellar. So is Myers, though.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

So, when Buff is not a liability defensively, he's a good defenseman. And Myers is good because he has a long reach? His reach does help him because he gets caught out of position so often.

I don't think Hamonic is overrated and his contract is stellar. So is Myers, though.

Wow this has to go in the hall of fame for dumbest ******* thing I've ever read

The Winnipeg Jets announce they will play their home opener on October 4th against the Toronto Maple Leafs

Preview

Game 1 : Maple Leafs @ Jets

ZXJdktz.jpg

Game Time : October 4, 7PM

Game Story : The season starts now, start the clock

Starting Goalie : Hutchison

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg