Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

6 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

At the right price. And only if there's no other depth. I'd say the Bombers are getting to a point where he may no longer be required.

that is also possible....Couture, Inzandt, Qadr.....depending on how well they develop, we could be at the "no longer required" point with Neufeld. What helps him most is that he can play tackle...

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

that is also possible....Couture, Inzandt, Qadr.....depending on how well they develop, we could be at the "no longer required" point with Neufeld. What helps him most is that he can play tackle...

I think Foketi, Bond and Hardrick are all better at tackle than Neufeld.

29 minutes ago, Noeller said:

...and if they were Canadian......we'd be set.

If they NEED to play 3 Natls. I'd prefer they make room at LG rather than RT.  With killer DE's coming off both sides, RT is becoming almost as critical as LT in protecting the QB from taking shots.

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

If they NEED to play 3 Natls. I'd prefer they make room at LG rather than RT.  With killer DE's coming off both sides, RT is becoming almost as critical as LT in protecting the QB from taking shots.

Sooooooo....you'd wanna take out our only OL All Star?

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Temporarily if need be, but I can't see the ratio going that way.  More likely they would play two Natl. receivers.  Point is if one of the young OLer's steps up this year Neufeld is expendable.

7 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Temporarily if need be, but I can't see the ratio going that way.  More likely they would play two Natl. receivers.  Point is if one of the young OLer's steps up this year Neufeld is expendable.

There is absolutely nothing I'd love to see more than one of the young NI OL step up, that's for sure...we'll see how much development has occurred in the last year!

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

There is absolutely nothing I'd love to see more than one of the young NI OL step up, that's for sure...we'll see how much development has occurred in the last year!

I'm predicting Spooner is the real deal and surpasses both Couture and Intzandt by year's end.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

You can do that....but you'd be wrong.......he's worth a roster spot, for sure.

Worth a roster spot as a depth player with the right passport who can fill in for an injury should one occur mid game... but that doesn't make him an extremely talented player. Fact is that the OL got way way better when Neufeld got hurt last year and was replaced, god willing one of the younger guys will show themselves to be better depth and we can rid ourselves of this Kyle Walters pet project once and for all. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Worth a roster spot as a depth player with the right passport who can fill in for an injury should one occur mid game... but that doesn't make him an extremely talented player. Fact is that the OL got way way better when Neufeld got hurt last year and was replaced, god willing one of the younger guys will show themselves to be better depth and we can rid ourselves of this Kyle Walters pet project once and for all. 

As much as it might grind Jones, his ratio/talent problems ought to make him near-desperate for a serviceable NI O-lineman before too long.

12 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Leaving Spooner on the PR might not be a good idea. I would think he will be either on the 46 or hidden on the IR.

Intzandt might be on the PR. 

Imo, we will take the first part of TC to take a look at Spooner, and Inzandt. If both survive past that point it's because Neufeld is a dead man walking the green mile.

16 hours ago, Noeller said:

Bond played some time at RT last year and was excellent. In the case of an injury I would bump him out to RT and insert Couture at LG without hesitation.

6 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Bond played some time at RT last year and was excellent. In the case of an injury I would bump him out to RT and insert Couture at LG without hesitation.

I'm not even sure where to begin looking it up, but when did Bond play RT? I know Foketi and Hardrick both spent time there, but I don't remember Bond playing anywhere but LG....

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Intzandt yes... Spooner I don't think will be on the PR.  They will have a place for him on the roster.

I have to agree. I think this is the year Neufeld is gone. Couture on the 42, Spooner on the 46.

Just now, Noeller said:

Is Spooner really THAT good that he's going to jump off the page in his first year? That seems like a really big leap right outta college....

That good to what? Be on the 46? Or did I miss a different post lol