2017 NHL Playoffs

Noeller

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

Maybe they don't trade Ovechkin... I don't know what to do to fix it... but I do know that if they lose to the Leafs, this group of guys is not the group that's going to win a cup... and serious changes need to be made...

I think Holtby gets the blame.  Which is tough to lay at his feet. 

59 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

good point. 

That 1st rounder was 30th overall... basically 2nd round

That's the real frustrating part about the Stanley trade - its not just that he's a huge gamble, its that the package the Jets offered could have netted a roster player.

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

The two finals I'd like to see are Pit-Edm or Mtl-Nsh... those would be fun to watch

Pit-Edm is my dream matchup.

The only series that would have more hype is a Tor-Edm final. God help all non-Leafs fans if that happens. Jeff O'Neil would be masturbating on-air in his Matthews jersey.

19 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Pit-Edm is my dream matchup.

The only series that would have more hype is a Tor-Edm final. God help all non-Leafs fans if that happens. Jeff O'Neil would be masturbating on-air in his Matthews jersey.

I've already had to 'mute' most Toronto based media on Twitter over the past week. It's ridiculous. I've even had to turn off hockey news from the Score app because every time a Leaf breathes, I'm getting an update.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

That 1st rounder was 30th overall... basically 2nd round

That's the real frustrating part about the Stanley trade - its not just that he's a huge gamble, its that the package the Jets offered could have netted a roster player.

Regardless of Stanley, Jets had assets to bring in a goalie at any time and chose not to, even when faced with the clear knowledge that it was struggling this season.  They also decided not to shore up D when Trouba held out and Myers got hurt.

I like Chevy but his lack of effort this season is a real head scratcher.

Wait until next year, when the Jets get bumped out of the first round of the playoffs and we're told to wait a few more years because these kids are just learning to play in the playoffs.

Our vets have barely seen the playoffs.

I'm seriously starting to regret this Winnipeg Jets 2019 Stanley Cup Champions tattoo.

35 minutes ago, JCon said:

I've already had to 'mute' most Toronto based media on Twitter over the past week. It's ridiculous. I've even had to turn off hockey news from the Score app because every time a Leaf breathes, I'm getting an update.

BREAKING: Auston Matthews has chicken parm for lunch.... when asked for comment, Matthews replied "it was satisfying"... now over to the panel for a half hour discussion on how this will effect his game going forward...

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Regardless of Stanley, Jets had assets to bring in a goalie at any time and chose not to, even when faced with the clear knowledge that it was struggling this season.  They also decided not to shore up D when Trouba held out and Myers got hurt.

I like Chevy but his lack of effort this season is a real head scratcher.

He has no worries from ownership. No sense of urgency to do anything. We're supposed to be glad we got a team back good or bad.

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He has no worries from ownership. No sense of urgency to do anything. We're supposed to be glad we got a team back good or bad.

I really don't think this true. Mark Chipman moved press away from his box because he couldn't contain his emotions. He wants to win. 

I believe he hasn't Chevy's back. But it still boggles my mind that chevy let the Jets struggle all season and did nothing to help.  What does that say to the players?

11 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I really don't think this true. Mark Chipman moved press away from his box because he couldn't contain his emotions. He wants to win. 

I believe he hasn't Chevy's back. But it still boggles my mind that chevy let the Jets struggle all season and did nothing to help.  What does that say to the players?

It says "Losing is okay.  It's what we expected."

10 minutes ago, Atomic said:

It says "Losing is okay.  It's what we expected."

I actually agree.  Not so much that they were ok with losing per se but that their expectation was a step back year and so as they saw Helle struggle and the D struggle, they said meh, we expected it.  But when they saw Scheif having a career year and Ehlers improving and Trouba becoming one of the best and Laine being a top goal scorer and the biggest reason the team was falling out of contention was D injuries and below average goaltending, they should have made moves.  Cheap and easy moves. 

What if the Jets had made the playoffs and drew Chicago in the first round?  This isnt the same team that got swept by the Ducks.  It feels like they didnt even try.  Thats what makes me sour this year.  I think the team will be better next season.  But this really felt like a lost season due to inaction by the GM.  Investing in Helle is one thing.  Myers goes down long term and Buff is struggling to play 30 minutes and you dont get help??  Inexcusable.

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think the team will be better next season.  But this really felt like a lost season due to inaction by the GM.  Investing in Helle is one thing.  Myers goes down long term and Buff is struggling to play 30 minutes and you dont get help??  Inexcusable.

Just the fact that Stafford will not be in the top six, on the powerplay and shootout will make this team better.

Worrying part is that Maurice is so archaic in his thinking...  really see Connor/Roslovic buried on the fourth line for most of the season because Matthias-Lowry-Armia is such a 'special' line.