TankWatch

Floyd

27 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I'll be happy if we get a top 6 pick.  I want Juuso Valimaki and 6th should be good enough.  Nolan Patrick or Nico Hischier would be nice, yet are unlikely and I want a top defenceman.  Valimaki has decent size and great offensive ability.

Don't know anything about him but he's probably 3 years away from playing, right?

Edited by SpeedFlex27

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Don't know anything about him but he's probably 3 years away from playing, right?

He probably wouldn't be here in 2017-18 but 2018-19 wouldn't be surprising.  Good size and more importantly a good skater, no reason to hold him out of the NHL for long.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

I'll be happy if we get a top 6 pick.  I want Juuso Valimaki and 6th should be good enough.  Nolan Patrick or Nico Hischier would be nice, yet are unlikely and I want a top defenceman.  Valimaki has decent size and great offensive ability.

looks like a good one all right.  I expect the Jets to go D heavy in this draft, seems to be quite a few available.  That being said, if we can luck out again and be in the top 2 then seeing Nico Hischier on a line with Nikolai Ehlers and Patrick Laine has me convulsing.  That line could be legendary, like Bobby, Ulf and Anders legendary.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Whose the top goalie this year? Can never go wrong with #1 rated goalie.

Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen or Keith Pettruzelli but neither one has really stepped up and claimed the number one spot.  I'd be surprised if either one goes in the top half of the first round.

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Chevy is going to be under tremendous pressure to sign a veteran goaltender during free agency & I don't mean another Al Montoya part 2. Someone who can carry the load.  He can't sit on the sidelines this off season or can he?

I don't know if pressure if the right word here.  Will he be in the market and looking?  Sure. 

The Winnipeg sports fan and media aren't as down on Hellebuyck as you are.  

6 hours ago, Rich said:

I don't know if pressure if the right word here.  Will he be in the market and looking?  Sure. 

The Winnipeg sports fan and media aren't as down on Hellebuyck as you are.  

I disagree.  I'd say the majority of fans are NOT sold on Hellebuyck.  Just too many weak goals and breakdowns.  There is very little confidence in him as our future starter.  Was at the game tonight and opinion seems pretty consistent... Hellebuyck not the guy.

35 12 shots on goal after 2.  

Sorry but some of these people on helle ass are the same ones who are convinced Pav was the answer.  Hard to believe he let in 4 tonight playing behind buff Morrissey and 4 AHL D 

16 straight starts.  

You can say he let in 1 bad goal... the tying goal but the other 3 were pretty much massive D zone breakdowns 

Edited by Goalie

31 minutes ago, Goalie said:

35 12 shots on goal after 2.  

Sorry but some of these people on helle ass are the same ones who are convinced Pav was the answer.  Hard to believe he let in 4 tonight playing behind buff Morrissey and 4 AHL D 

16 straight starts.  

You can say he let in 1 bad goal... the tying goal but the other 3 were pretty much massive D zone breakdowns 

Guess you can blame Maurice for playing him too much as he pulled him for the 11th time this season. To you, it's always Maurice's fault when it comes to Hellebuyck. And you always have excuses for the guy.

Edited by SpeedFlex27