TankWatch

Floyd

Apr 6 - End of Day Standings

Jets leap frog 2 teams. One more win and they won't even have a first round pick!
Vancouver drops to 2nd pick.

19 Philadelphia 85
20 Winnipeg 85 +2
21 Carolina 84
22 LA 83
23 Buffalo 78
24 Florida 77
25 Dallas 77
26 Detroit 76
27 New Jersey 70
28 Arizona 70 +2
------ VGK ------
29 Vancouver 69
30 Colorado 47

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Apr 7 - End of Day Standings

No change.

19 Philadelphia 85
20 Winnipeg 85
21 Carolina 84
22 LA 83
23 Buffalo 78
24 Florida 77
25 Dallas 77
26 Detroit 76
27 New Jersey 70
28 Arizona 70
------ VGK ------
29 Vancouver 69
30 Colorado 47

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Apr 8 - End of Day Standings

Jets will finish 19th if PHI loses last game.

* = Regular season over

19 Philadelphia 87 +2
20 Winnipeg 87 +2 *

21 LA 85
22 Carolina 85 +1
23 Florida 79 +2
24 Dallas 79 +2 *

25 Buffalo 78
26 Detroit 77 +1
27 New Jersey 70
28 Arizona 70 *
------ VGK ------
29 Vancouver 69
30 Colorado 48 +1

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

“The city of Winnipeg should take a lot of pride in the fact our team didn’t quit. There are teams in this league that gave up down the stretch when they were out of it and we certainly did not.

That means more than the wins. I mean the (wins) were great, they made it enjoyable to come to the rink in a bad situation but just being involved in games and just being in the fight with that group of guys, that’s what you start building the right things with.”

Blake Wheeler seems to think tanking is not a good idea.

Edited by Mark F

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Some years it's OK. .. but Patrick and Hischier aren't Mcdavid so yeah... I'd agree with the captain 

If you're a true professional athlete it's never okay regardless of who is available in the draft. That's my educated guess in how Blake Wheeler would respond to this statement and it's my guess that this mentality is one of the main reasons he wears the C.

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

If you're a true professional athlete it's never okay regardless of who is available in the draft. That's my educated guess in how Blake Wheeler would respond to this statement and it's my guess that this mentality is one of the main reasons he wears the C.

I agree but I think as a fan it's OK at times. We didn't tank last year and got Laine. 

Apr 9 - Final Standings

20 Winnipeg 87
21 Carolina 87 +2
22 LA 86
23 Florida 81 +2
24 Dallas 79
25 Detroit 79 +2
26 Buffalo 78
27 New Jersey 70
28 Arizona 70
------ VGK ------
29 Vancouver 69
30 Colorado 48

Compare to 1 month ago - March 10

22 Winnipeg 66
23 Buffalo 66
24 Vancouver 65
25 Carolina 64
26 Dallas 64
27 Detroit 63
28 New Jersey 62
------ VGK ------
29 Arizona
30 Colorado

WTG Vancouver!

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Well some teams tanked, others (ahem Jets) didnt. Time will tell whether it was a good or bad thing. About the only bad thing  for us IMO is the effect of giving Maurice more time as a result of a perceived strong final 1/3 of the season. To close out this thread properly (and to hope we don't need one for this team again next season) I present an oldie but goodie ...

21959798.gif

Edited by IC Khari

10 hours ago, IC Khari said:

Well some teams tanked, others (ahem Jets) didnt. Time will tell whether it was a good or bad thing. About the only bad thing  for us IMO is the effect of giving Maurice more time as a result of a perceived strong final 1/3 of the season. To close out this thread properly (and to hope we don't need one for this team again next season) I present an oldie but goodie ...

Well it's been brought up before that the NHL should give non-playoff teams extra chance at lottery if they finished off season with winning percentage lets say the last 10 games.

Disadvantage to this is that teams that just missed playoffs would have best chance to do this and arguably they don't need it.

Still the way we played last 10 is our offering to the Draft Lottery Gods.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

13 hours ago, IC Khari said:

I'd like to know Maurice's coaching record WTE and NTE - ie with Toby in the line-up and with-out Toby in the line-up.  Didn't we go on that streak last year too at the end of the year without Toby playing?

yes, yes they did.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I'd like to know Maurice's coaching record WTE and NTE - ie with Toby in the line-up and with-out Toby in the line-up.  Didn't we go on that streak last year too at the end of the year without Toby playing?

yes, yes they did.

Another playing through injury only to find out they better off having surgery instead case?