Canadian Politics

13 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Since we're referencing Psychology Today:

Can brain differences explain conservatives' fear-driven political stances?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/mind-in-the-machine/201612/fear-and-anxiety-drive-conservatives-political-attitudes

Bravo, by that study, you'd be the conservative, you are the one seeing the negative in everyone and everything.

Also, according to that study, conservatives can't help it, it's the way their brains are wired, so essentially it's not something they can change about themselves even if they wanted too, not unlike being gay, yet you tolerate one and not the other.

Congratulations, you're not only a conservative but a hypocrite too.

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

Bravo, by that study, you'd be the conservative, you are the one seeing the negative in everyone and everything.

Also, according to that study, conservatives can't help it, it's the way their brains are wired, so essentially it's not something they can change about themselves even if they wanted too, not unlike being gay, yet you tolerate one and not the other.

Congratulations, you're not only a conservative but a hypocrite too.

Omg! That was the best response ever. Thanks for that- that is a view point I have never considered- wow. 

FTR, Wideleft totally tolerates conservatives- as evidenced by his post history and the fact he hasn't placed anyone on his Ignore list. 

Tolerating conservatives and condemning beliefs that run counter to one's own personal values- is fair. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

11 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Well you are going to have to produce some sort of argument- otherwise it's really just your feeling unsupported by facts. 

No this racist crap is total "feeling" unsupported by facts. The people spouting this nonsense should be ashamed of themselves.  It's so disgusting. 

22 hours ago, Wideleft said:

The "I'm not a racist because I don't think I'm a racist, even though I vote for people who say and do racist things and hire racists"  argument is getting weaker every day.

And the argument that the Conservative party is run by racists is getting weaker everyday. And dumber. Time to argue on actual policies and drop the fake boogeymen. Canadians aren't as dumb as the slime at Leadnow think.

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

This would be all fine and good if my workplace was walking distance but it's not, my peggo card is going to be useless for the time being.

They'll take 1/4% less money if they can get a pile of other things into the agreement - this is a long way from settled.

Neither side is doing themselves any favours by negotiating through the media.

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

And the argument that the Conservative party is run by racists is getting weaker everyday. And dumber. Time to argue on actual policies and drop the fake boogeymen. Canadians aren't as dumb as the slime at Leadnow think.

First, you say time to talk policies- yet you still bring up SNC-lavilin and nothing on the policy front. 

Secondly, you may be right about leadnow, but Wideleft got you all the facts and evidence (quoted below)- yet you still plug your ears and cover your eyes screaming fake news. He did all the work for you, all you have to do is read the links. 

On 2019-08-16 at 10:54 AM, Wideleft said:

Did Hamish Marshall co-found Rebel Media or not?  He did.  And Scheer doesn't want to talk about it.  https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/scheer-walks-out-on-media-when-asked-about-campaign-managers-rebel-ties/article36610946/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com&

Is Georganne Burke an outreach director for Scheer and did she form an anti-muslim group for Scheer?  Yes and yes.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/qvzznq/conservative-party-leadership-advisor-helped-create-anti-islam-organization

Is Stephen Taylor Scheer's Digital Director and is he involved in a racist discussion group.  Yup and it sure looks like it.

https://www.bashirmohamed.com/blog/taylor

It's strange that you choose to attempt to demean Leadnow instead of condemning the documented racism of the people mentioned.  It's pure bull to suggest that Harper's immigrant snitch line is in the same strata of public policy than that of the Liberals.  

If a leader surrounds himself with people who show they are willing to court, work with and aid racists- at best he is condoning racism at worse he is a racist.... and I can't have that in a leader. 

If someone is cool with their leader being a racist, that's on them- if that is not a deal breaker, then those people should maybe look at their values. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Liberal Lavscam Load Management. 

1. Story is not true. Never happened.

2. Well, yeah, we chatted but there wasn't any pressure.

3. Judy says she was pressured?  You buy that ? There's no telling what an angry woman will say .

4. Yeah, we know Ethics Commissioner found violations but he's wrong.

5. So what, every government does it.

6. Anyway, Scheer has a Nazi secret agenda and only voting Liberal will you be rescued.

10 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I didn't realize how much they embraced science, evidence based decision making and how much of Harper's draconian gag orders were undone- bravo.

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2019/08/16/news/how-trudeau-government-reversed-harpers-anti-science-agenda

It's full on damage control now to save the corrupt JT the Boy Blunder. Too late , he hung himself.

21 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

If a leader surrounds himself with people who show they are willing to court, work with and aid racists- at best he is condoning racism at worse he is a racist.... and I can't have that in a leader. 

Well then you should have no problem voting Conservative.

21 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

If someone is cool with their leader being a racist, that's on them- if that is not a deal breaker, then those people should maybe look at their values. 

I agree. It's a good thing then that the leader of the Conservatives isnt a racist.

To ne the people that truly need to "look at their values" are those pushing false and vicious narratives about invented "racism" purely for political purposes. This to me is just disgusting and anti-Canadian. And to top it off the whole point of these disgusting allegations is to prop up a guy who once again has been convicted of ethics violations.  Just awful. These are truly disturbing times.

I also noticed that the influence of the Tides Foundation on our current government was cavalierly dismissed as "conspiracy theories" while the completely disgusting allegations from Leadnow were embraced. This is a perfect example of confirmation bias at work, and it is sad. 

Truseau and his Tides Foundation handlers need to go. Justin has lied to us too many times.

6 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

It's full on damage control now to save the corrupt JT the Boy Blunder. Too late , he hung himself.

Yet, what is stated in the article remains true.  

To be honest, I am more concerned with the policy of open science, not gagging our scientist and evidence based decision making than I am trying to excuse JT- as I have said before- I am not a huge fan of JT, I just less of a fan of Sheerer.

I assume like all other links posted, you didn't read this one either.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Well then you should have no problem voting Conservative.

Because I can over look Sheerer's cozying up to racists? I already said I have, that is a red line for me. 

I agree. It's a good thing then that the leader of the Conservatives isnt a racist.

Maybe he is maybe he is't- but as Wideleft pointed out in multiple links (If you read them) that his inner circle has racist ties and overtones- not to mention the fact Sheerer seems to be courting the racist vote. 

To ne the people that truly need to "look at their values" are those pushing false and vicious narratives about invented "racism" purely for political purposes. This to me is just disgusting and anti-Canadian. And to top it off the whole point of these disgusting allegations is to prop up a guy who once again has been convicted of ethics violations.  Just awful. These are truly disturbing times.

Agreed- but they are not false narratives- there are ties between Sheerer's senior staff (not made up lies, they are factual). 

I also noticed that the influence of the Tides Foundation on our current government was cavalierly dismissed as "conspiracy theories" while the completely disgusting allegations from Leadnow were embraced. This is a perfect example of confirmation bias at work, and it is sad. 

tvx33l6ip0y01.jpg

Truseau and his Tides Foundation handlers need to go. Justin has lied to us too many times.

That maybe so, but Sheerer is not the answer. 

How often has JT lied? I really haven't been keeping track of it.

46 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Because I can over look Sheerer's cozying up to racists? I already said I have, that is a red line for me. 

And as I said, then you won't have a problem voting Conservative as no one is "cozying up to racists" and to even suggest such nonsense is ludicrous, disingenuous and just plain awful.

This is the same evil and disgusting character assassination that was going on last election by the Liberals and their paid digital influencers, and there have to be consequences for such disgusting behavior.  Leadnow and other groups spreading this hate should be prosecuted. 

Edited by kelownabomberfan

13 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

And as I said, then you won't have a problem voting Conservative as no one is "cozying up to racists" and to even suggest such nonsense is ludicrous, disingenuous and just plain awful.

This is the same evil and disgusting character assassination that was going on last election by the Liberals and their paid digital influencers, and there have to be consequences for such disgusting behavior.  Leadnow and other groups spreading this hate should be prosecuted. 

You are just shouting down facts without actually disproving them and then wrapping it up in contrived indignation. 

Try actually disputing the facts instead of just plugging your ears and say " not it's not- that's disgusting". If you really believe that, cool- just show some facts to support your argument like Wideleft did. 

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Nope. No "facts" were presented. This is just nonsense. Vote Conservative! No racism here!

Lol. ok sure- I am convinced- your argument is solid. Sign me up to vote conservative, I can set aside my values and look past the racism and vote for Sheerer. 

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

You deride and rage with false indignation at the morality of JT and his ethics- then you use an opinion piece by a convicted criminal and known liar and present it as facts... How can someone take that seriously?

Regardless, you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that- but not entitled to your own "facts". 

To all of you Manitobans: In the coming provincial election, you can elect to decline your ballot.

As for federally, I wish we had the option to decline our ballot... they're all dogs, Trudeau lies like a sidewalk, Scheer seems like he'd sell his Grandma for a nickel, and Singh is so out of touch with the working class reality it's preposterous.