Canadian Politics

Erin O’Toole’s ‘Take Back Canada’ Slogan Prompts Plenty Of Questions. The Tory leadership hopeful’s campaign slogan drew questions this week.

Erin O’Toole is planning on taking back Canada. As to whom he’s “taking it back” from, well, that’s a lot less clear. The Tory leadership hopeful released his official platform Wednesday, alongside a video featuring the slogan “Take Back Canada.” Following similar videos in recent months, the phrase is shaping up to be O’Toole’s official campaign slogan. 

“Join our fight, let’s take back Canada,” O’Toole says at the end of the most recent video.

But the latest video has many people wondering — whom exactly does he want to Canada back from?

(Sounds an awful lot like a Trump wannabe)

Edited by Tracker

On 2020-06-12 at 8:46 AM, Tracker said:

Erin O’Toole’s ‘Take Back Canada’ Slogan Prompts Plenty Of Questions. The Tory leadership hopeful’s campaign slogan drew questions this week.

Erin O’Toole is planning on taking back Canada. As to whom he’s “taking it back” from, well, that’s a lot less clear. The Tory leadership hopeful released his official platform Wednesday, alongside a video featuring the slogan “Take Back Canada.” Following similar videos in recent months, the phrase is shaping up to be O’Toole’s official campaign slogan. 

“Join our fight, let’s take back Canada,” O’Toole says at the end of the most recent video.

But the latest video has many people wondering — whom exactly does he want to Canada back from?

(Sounds an awful lot like a Trump wannabe)

I would think that 'Taking back Canada" refers to Trudeau's one world government, no borders, globalist agenda as well as  putting the interests of the UN ahead of Canada as he was desperate to secure a temporary UN Security Council seat. That's how I understand it. Commentators today are wondering if our foreign policy will change now that we lost the vote but somehow I doubt it. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I would think that 'Taking back Canada" refers to Trudeau's one world government, no borders, globalist agenda as well as  putting the interests of the UN ahead of Canada as he was desperate to secure a temporary UN Security Council seat. That's how I understand it. Commentators today are wondering if our foreign policy will change now that we lost the vote but somehow I doubt it. 

I am inclined to believe that this was another coded reference to all the non-white Canadians who are "mongrelizing" Canada in the eyes of the right wing.

Edited by Tracker

3 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Power and Politics :
“We need a leader who attacks Liberals not Conservatives. I will unite the party as I did before with Stephen Harper,” said Peter MacKay in his opening statement.

Really. That’s your opening statement?

The Liberals have the next election in the bag, if that's the best he can come up with.  

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

I am inclined to believe that this was another coded reference to all the non-white Canadians who are "mongrelizing" Canada in the eyes of the right wing.

No, I'm a Conservative so I kinda understand that code. It's all about globalization & the UN. The UN becoming the one true world government. It's about Trudeau putting this country's interest second & the global UN agenda first. Now, open borders are a part of this for sure, I won't deny immigration isn't a part of this. But this is more about the fear of Trudeau's globalist policies. That's what O'Toole is referring to. 

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, I'm a Conservative so I kinda understand that code. It's all about globalization & the UN. The UN becoming the one true world government. It's about Trudeau putting this country's interest second & the global UN agenda first. Now, open borders are a part of this for sure, I won't deny immigration isn't a part of this. But this is more about the fear of Trudeau's globalist policies. That's what O'Toole is referring to. 

If you listen to O'toole's statement yesterday- that he fully beileves that Trump will rebound to win the November election and that he (O'Toole) will be there to congratulate Trump, it will give you a better insight into O'Toole's mindset. Fellow travelers.

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

If you listen to O'toole's statement yesterday- that he fully beileves that Trump will rebound to win the November election and that he (O'Toole) will be there to congratulate Trump, it will give you a better insight into O'Toole's mindset. Fellow travelers.

You been...well not Snoped but same thing.

"Donald Trump will not lift a finger to help Justin Trudeau because of what he's done," Sloan said. "I'm confident Trump will defy the odds again and win the next election and when I'm prime minister I'll call and congratulate him."

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

12 hours ago, Tracker said:

Well, why wouldn't he think that?  He thinks he'll win. Otherwise, why bother running? 

The knives are out in the new-old PC party once again.

OTTAWA — Conservative leadership candidate Peter MacKay’s campaign team is dismissing an allegation of theft of campaign materials levelled in a late-night press release Friday by rival Erin O’Toole’s team as a “desperate, last ditch strategy.”

O’Toole’s campaign issued the release late Friday, saying it had filed a formal complaint with police seeking an investigation into MacKay’s organization. The complaint involves the theft of confidential campaign and strategy data and alleges the O’Toole campaign’s systems were hacked earlier this week.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

The knives are out in the new-old PC party once again.

OTTAWA — Conservative leadership candidate Peter MacKay’s campaign team is dismissing an allegation of theft of campaign materials levelled in a late-night press release Friday by rival Erin O’Toole’s team as a “desperate, last ditch strategy.”

O’Toole’s campaign issued the release late Friday, saying it had filed a formal complaint with police seeking an investigation into MacKay’s organization. The complaint involves the theft of confidential campaign and strategy data and alleges the O’Toole campaign’s systems were hacked earlier this week.

I can’t believe this is happening. I thought they had all gone to Tulsa for the weekend. 😁

27 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Been like this for a few months already. Sheer is such a disaster and the idiots coming in behind him could be worse. The NDP and Green Party are complete non-issues right now. 

But the Liberals better not go to the polls this fall.

I'm not sure there is a protest vote out there but I would certainly try to find it. Dude, what's the Marijuana Party up to these days? Dude?

17 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Article is from CBC..... without Trudeau in charge they will be out of business.   I'll believe it more so when other non bias media outlet publish similar findings. 

The cognitive dissonance is astounding.

"According to the Poll Tracker's aggregation of all publicly available polls, the Liberals have the support of 40.3 per cent of decided voters, an increase of just over seven percentage points since the October vote. The Conservatives, under outgoing leader Andrew Scheer, trail with 28.4 per cent, a drop of six points."