Canadian Politics

On 2020-06-03 at 8:26 PM, JCon said:

Stepped down is code for "was fired".

Good. One less POS spouting racist propaganda. May we never hear from him again.

With how sensitive and raw our world is right now, I’m fascinated by how everyday it seems people like Day and others sharing their ‘thoughts’ with the world  thru whatever social medium then rightfully get called out instantly, then they try to walk back these ‘thoughts’ with an apology. I’m sorry do you know what’s going on here? 

3 hours ago, do or die said:

Well, Justin has made the big time, down south.

Today's headline in Inforwars:

‘GO HOME, BLACKFACE’: Trudeau’s kneeling in solidarity with George Floyd movement backfires

"Go home,blackface"...? Uh, where the **** did he go? He took a knee at a protest in Canada.

InfoWars and RT are nothing but runny dog ****.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

My only confusion is that Trudeau preached to social distance and to do what's right and then goes against what he said we should do.  Kind of a hypocrite IMO. 

Cuz... circumstances don't ever change... ?

Besides, this is the right thing to do. 

What would your reaction be if he skipped out on this? I doubt you would be understanding.

Not a huge JT fan, but he got this one right.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

23 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Cuz... circumstances don't ever change... ?

The virus goes dormant during protests?   So if a 2nd wave does hit and Trudeau demands people to stay home....  could we simply not throw it in his face to lead by example and go out and enjoy being in public with others because our own leader did it?

Him trying to win votes clearly is more important then setting an example for protecting the health of the country.   It just hammers home more so that you can never take anything he says with any sort of weight or merit. 

17 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The virus goes dormant during protests?   So if a 2nd wave does hit and Trudeau demands people to stay home....  could we simply not throw it in his face to lead by example and go out and enjoy being in public with others because our own leader did it?

Him trying to win votes clearly is more important then setting an example for protecting the health of the country.   It just hammers home more so that you can never take anything he says with any sort of weight or merit. 

Sure.

I still would have loved to hear what you would have said if he passed on the protest- i seriously doubt you would praising his decision... damned if he does, damned if he didn't. 

Regardless- he made the right decision. 

2 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Sure.

I still would have loved to hear what you would have said if he passed on the protest- i seriously doubt you would praising his decision... damned if he does, damned if he didn't. 

Regardless- he made the right decision. 

He could of easily done a video that would of reached the whole country.

Him going out just means that the seriousness of social distancing and staying at home at this point is extremely low or that Trudeau believes that the COVID threat is over and that we can return to normal life.   If this cause is a big deal for him,  then why doesn't he grow a pair and call out Trump?  To me this was just him being a dink and trying to score brownie points. 

18 minutes ago, Brandon said:

He could of easily done a video that would of reached the whole country.

or he wanted to pay his respects and support the movement in a meaningful way...

Him going out just means that the seriousness of social distancing and staying at home at this point is extremely low or that Trudeau believes that the COVID threat is over and that we can return to normal life.

Perhaps he believes that this is something that can be done safely or that this matter supersedes his messaging on Covid.

Regardless- he still did the right thing.

18 minutes ago, Brandon said:

If this cause is a big deal for him,  then why doesn't he grow a pair and call out Trump? 

Agreed- he should have. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Trudeau reminds me a lot of Mayor Bowman.   A people pleaser who will turn on a dime and smile for the camera and say and do whatever to make his *image* look good even if it goes completely against what they have said before.

For example Bowman wanted to open portage and main and I was very much against it... it was one of his major points.  The people started grumbling and out of fear of losing popularity he backed out.  While I'm happier that the intersection is open ,  it makes me think that this guy doesn't have the guts to do anything.  So in the future if he makes a promise (that I do support) which may be a tough decision that may not be favourable for all...  I will expect him to bend and chicken out in order to avoid looking like a bad guy.  Same with Trudeau.

I'm not saying Trudeau should spit in the face of protesters and say EVERYONE stay home...  he is sending conflicting signals by saying "STAY HOME DONT KILL PEOPLE BECAUSE OF COVID... and then goes out in a public gathering? So what is it... stay home or go out if you think it's for a good reason?

If Trudeau was smart he would address the nation,  speak about the positives and the challenges in Canada,  offer support to the Americans...... and in a kind way put the screws into Trump and remind him how policing in Canada is standardized and how all cadets are forced mandatory training in Aboriginal Awareness classes and how we Canada can help them out by leading by example.   This then beings the alliance of Biden and Trudeau who will then form the Can-Am connection 2.0 and take out Trump-Pence.

11 hours ago, Brandon said:

Trudeau reminds me a lot of Mayor Bowman.   A people pleaser who will turn on a dime and smile for the camera and say and do whatever to make his *image* look good even if it goes completely against what they have said before.

For example Bowman wanted to open portage and main and I was very much against it... it was one of his major points.  The people started grumbling and out of fear of losing popularity he backed out.  While I'm happier that the intersection is open ,  it makes me think that this guy doesn't have the guts to do anything.  So in the future if he makes a promise (that I do support) which may be a tough decision that may not be favourable for all...  I will expect him to bend and chicken out in order to avoid looking like a bad guy.  Same with Trudeau.

I'm not saying Trudeau should spit in the face of protesters and say EVERYONE stay home...  he is sending conflicting signals by saying "STAY HOME DONT KILL PEOPLE BECAUSE OF COVID... and then goes out in a public gathering? So what is it... stay home or go out if you think it's for a good reason?

If Trudeau was smart he would address the nation,  speak about the positives and the challenges in Canada,  offer support to the Americans...... and in a kind way put the screws into Trump and remind him how policing in Canada is standardized and how all cadets are forced mandatory training in Aboriginal Awareness classes and how we Canada can help them out by leading by example.   This then beings the alliance of Biden and Trudeau who will then form the Can-Am connection 2.0 and take out Trump-Pence.

Other then Jag of the NDP i'd like to see someone call Trump a narcissist...whatever.

But it probably wont happen till he's out of power.

14 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Other then Jag of the NDP i'd like to see someone call Trump a narcissist...whatever.

But it probably wont happen till he's out of power.

Well it's clear that other leaders have no respect for him.... wasn't it the last G7 summit where Trudeau and company were caught on audio making fun of Trump?

9 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Interesting little development here in Manitoba: 

Not a good look for Goertzen. And by extension, Pallister.

With the Conservatives, something like this was pretty much inevitable. Lets see if Pallister reacts to this or pretends it never happened.

51 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I saw this on line ....  SJW heads might burst because they cannot claim racism since she is a black female...

103159977_161351448733611_38613375879561

Oh Hey... a letter dissing shiny pony for attending a rally... by a con leadership candidate... 

And you are a fool if you'd think she wouldn't slam shiny pony if he would have stayed at from the protest.

Also, not sure what you are trying to accomplish with bring race into it- it is purely a political stunt by Dr. Lewis- there was no mention of race. 

Furthermore, people on this site were suggesting that you were racist in another thread- you shouldn't give them any more ammo by both using alt-right snarl word to slander people who are against racism. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

42 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Also, not sure what you are trying to accomplish with bring race into it- it is purely a political stunt by Dr. Lewis- there was no mention of race. 

Furthermore, people on this site were suggesting that you were racist in another thread- you shouldn't give them any more ammo by both using alt-right snarl word to slander people who are against racism. 

Only a racist would write what you said.  Tsk tsk.  

You also proved my point by saying a SJW head will pop because they can't blame this on racism because had a crusty old white guy wrote this letter you know you would of screamed racism.   You proved my point and I thank you.    The letter itself I agree with and I don't think it's purely political otherwise every other party would of wrote and called for Justin's head a million times over.  You know some politicians can be rational and logical... not everyone is Trump. 

Edited by Brandon

14 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So apparently Justin can't give a fiscal update. At some point, you have to give an account of what you've spent, projected revenues, project shortfalls and how you'll pay for things.

I really really really hate politicians who won't stand up and explain their budgets. That being said I ain't getting worked up at the government spending during this pandemic. It was needed and will ultimately do less damage than not doing it. 

31 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Only a racist would write what you said.  Tsk tsk.  

You also proved my point by saying a SJW head will pop because they can't blame this on racism because had a crusty old white guy wrote this letter you know you would of screamed racism.   You proved my point and I thank you.    The letter itself I agree with and I don't think it's purely political otherwise every other party would of wrote and called for Justin's head a million times over.  You know some politicians can be rational and logical... not everyone is Trump. 

44kaye.jpg

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy