US Politics

Rich

On 2020-12-17 at 10:31 AM, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Well, I for one am happy that it is only one alleged scandal as opposed to a litany of them. I am sure trump's DOJ will continue to investigate the Hunter Biden thing- so, that's in good hands.  As far as the Plan for Biden to go it one term and Kamala taking the reigns- sure that is a possibility. I don't think she was chosen so she doesn't face opposition- I think she was chosen because of her experience, Teflon quality,  and relatability. She was a good choice to compliment Biden. I don't think she was chosen to by pass any scrutiny from the party come 2024.

Yeah, this statement is pretty far fetched. 

I wasn't suggesting that she was chosen versus somebody else so that she doesn't have to face opposition.  Im saying that I think they will have Biden step down at some point so that she doesn't need to face opposition before the next election. I don't think she's relatable and if so who is she related to? I think she was chosen because she's extremely malleable and will change who she is and what her positions are to match what benefits her in a specific time period. And she can be sold to white progressives as being progressive even though historically she is not. The biggest fear the democrat establishment has is the social democrats and they don't want Kamala to have to run against someone like AOC who will pressure all other candidates to take on extreme positions. 

38 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I wasn't suggesting that she was chosen versus somebody else so that she doesn't have to face opposition.  Im saying that I think they will have Biden step down at some point so that she doesn't need to face opposition before the next election. I don't think she's relatable and if so who is she related to? I think she was chosen because she's extremely malleable and will change who she is and what her positions are to match what benefits her in a specific time period. And she can be sold to white progressives as being progressive even though historically she is not. The biggest fear the democrat establishment has is the social democrats and they don't want Kamala to have to run against someone like AOC who will pressure all other candidates to take on extreme positions. 

I agree on most of your points, solid post.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

12 minutes ago, bustamente said:

It will be a hell of a day when people find out why this blubbering fat fool is so beholden to Russia

Hard to believe that there could be any greater corrupted embarrassment than the current president who is owned by the Russians. Apparently the hackers got way into the American nuclear arsenal listings. 

Edited by Tracker

Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani has been reduced to selling cigars and coins on YouTube

Rudy Giuliani, the personal attorney of Donald Trump, has repeatedly and thoroughly discredited himself by pushing far-fetched lies about how President-elect Joe Biden allegedly stole the election. But just when you thought he couldn't get any lower, he's now on YouTube selling cigars and gold coins on his personal YouTube channel.

As Giuliani's 473,000+ subscribers on YouTube channel already know, the former New York mayor releases a weekly show of conservative spin. The most recent installment claims that former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton was colluding with Ukraine to benefit Biden, and the Democrats are all corrupt criminals and so on and so forth.

But the true highlights(?) of his program are the commercials featuring him hawking commemorative coins and smokes. Here's a taste.

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1339614011302825984

"If you want a good cigar, go to a good cigar shop. If you want the best, go to Famous Smoke shop," he begins. "Let Famous Smoke deliver your favorite cigars right to your doorstep at America's lowest price.... From affordable everyday smokes to high-end luxury cigars for your next special occasion."

His coin advertisement is a bit more groan-worthy:

"I accomplished a lot in 2020, exposing the truth, establishing the relationship with you, working tirelessly for America. And I came to know the work and value of the people at American Hartford gold. You see, you buy gold, not only for what you know. But you buy gold for what you don't know," he says. "Give them a call and tell them, Ruby sent you. And be sure to ask them what I bought. And if you call them right now, they will give you up to $1,500 of free silver on your first order. Folks, these are uncertain times. The one thing you can count on, to protect what you have worked so hard for, is physical gold and silver."

While it's hardly shocking for celebrities to appear in commercials for extra money, it's rare if not completely unprecedented that the president's own lawyer should push smokes and coins in their own self-published show of conspiracy theories.

Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani has been reduced to selling cigars and coins on YouTube - Alternet.org

Edited by Tracker

11 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Hard to believe that there could be any greater corrupted embarrassment than the current president who is owned by the Russians. Apparently the hackers got way into the American nuclear arsenal listings. 

Sad thing is that this has been going on supposedly for the last 9 months, because of everything being classified nobody will ever now the extent of what the Russians got, some in politics call this a act of war but they should be looking at the Trump administration that has gutted so many departments leaving them exposed

Trump’s Bonkers Oval Office Meeting With Sidney Powell Was Even Too Much for Rudy

-Getty
Sidney Powell’s insane claims about the election being stolen have left judges across the country shaking and scratching their heads. But during a bonkers Oval Office meeting with her on Friday night, President Trump floated the idea of appointing her as a special counsel investigating voter fraud.

Two sources familiar with the matter confirmed to The Daily Beast that Trump and Powell held the Friday meeting to discuss their baseless theories of mass election fraud.

According to The New York Times, which first reported the meeting, some aides were left in shock at Trump’s suggestion of making Powell a special counsel. Even Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s loyal foot soldier in the election fraud crusade, was reportedly against the idea.

Powell was reportedly accompanied in the Oval Office by her former client, Michael Flynn, the ex-national security adviser who recently suggested that Trump should invoke martial law to allow the military to “re-run” the election. During the meeting, Trump asked about Flynn’s suggestion, the Times reported.

Powell has spouted numerous convoluted and bizarre conspiracy theories, claiming that the 2020 election was rigged by forces from Venezuela, China, and the company that makes voting machines, among others.

Faced with repeated legal losses and no real evidence of massive voter fraud, Powell nonetheless accused other aides of being quitters during the meeting, according to the Times.

Still even some of the president’s closest allies vocally opposed some of the insane ideas floated in the meeting. Along with Giuliani, White House counsel Pat Cipollone was against the special counsel idea. Flynn’s idea of invoking martial law was similarly shot down, as was an extraordinary idea for an executive order to seize voting machines, according to the Times, which described the meeting as “raucous.”

Biden appointments to dpt of interior, and energy are good.

granholm 

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/opinion/2020/11/07/opinion-granholm-clean-energy-better-economic-path-michigan/6176655002/

"Two new reports add to the growing stack of evidence that low-carbon recovery measures are the best way to ensure a prosperous, long-term recovery that creates good jobs, builds resilience against future shocks and supports the middle class through this unprecedented time. Now, our policymakers must support actions that will usher in this future that the people of Michigan so greatly deserve. "

Edited by Mark F

White House Blocks a Statement Acknowledging Russia’s Role in Cyberattack

Saul Loeb/Getty
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Friday night that Russia was “pretty clearly” behind a huge cyberattack on U.S. agencies that compromised sensitive information. But his commonsense conclusion pitted him against the president, who insisted on Saturday that it was only the “Fake News Media” blaming “Russia, Russia, Russia”—and the hack may have been the work of China. Now, CNN reports that officials at the White House were preparing to put out a statement on Friday that blamed Russia but others forced them to nix it. The statement was going to say Russia was at the forefront of the attack, while also claiming that other countries may have been involved. It wasn’t clear who stopped the statement from going out or why it was scrapped. Trump tweeted on Saturday that “everything is well under control” and the hack—which Bloomberg says hit more than 200 companies and government agencies—was no big deal.

Read it at CNN

20 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Why The Numbers Behind Mitch McConnell’s Re-Election Don’t Add Up

How Does an 18% Approval Rating Result in a 58% Win?

https://www.dcreport.org/2020/12/19/mitch-mcconnells-re-election-the-numbers-dont-add-up/

Oh dear. How could anyone think that those paragons of virtue- McConnell and the GOP be involved in chicanery? 

2 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Yeah, I think once trump is useless to Putin, he will release the pee pee tape.

The tape is meaningless at this point. Everyone knows it exists and his cult doesn't care. 

Russia, a middling power, no where near the power of China, just completely owned the UD for 4 effing years. Owned them, completely. 

The banana republic is nothing. 

4 hours ago, Tracker said:

White House Blocks a Statement Acknowledging Russia’s Role in Cyberattack

Saul Loeb/Getty
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Friday night that Russia was “pretty clearly” behind a huge cyberattack on U.S. agencies that compromised sensitive information. But his commonsense conclusion pitted him against the president, who insisted on Saturday that it was only the “Fake News Media” blaming “Russia, Russia, Russia”—and the hack may have been the work of China. Now, CNN reports that officials at the White House were preparing to put out a statement on Friday that blamed Russia but others forced them to nix it. The statement was going to say Russia was at the forefront of the attack, while also claiming that other countries may have been involved. It wasn’t clear who stopped the statement from going out or why it was scrapped. Trump tweeted on Saturday that “everything is well under control” and the hack—which Bloomberg says hit more than 200 companies and government agencies—was no big deal.

Read it at CNN

Come on.   It could of been someone else, and Putin issued a strong and powerful denial......

I'm sorry I've been reading this conversation from page one and my views have grown with them.

The usa has 365 million people with2 parties to reflect their views. Canada 7 parties for 35 million.

Since when did the democrats become warmongering cucks. Biden or trump the American people lose either way

Also, gin

Can someone provide facts of the amount of conflict trump had been involved in vs Obama. Would be curious to see

Edited by CodyT

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

If someone does traitorous things and pardons himself, does he and his loyal followers still consider him a Patriot.

Trump and his followers consider him the greatest president/patriot/husband/economist/scientist/military strategist of all time.