US Politics

Rich

15 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

hahahahaha you getting desperate in your responses.  Trump self-owns every single day.  Its sad that people will die this time, but its still worth pointing out!

The obvious take-away is not that the US is dealing with a crazy thing and is doing everything they can to get in front of it, its that Trump is an idiot who cares more about appearances than real action, that he chose to downplay the risk because it served his own interests.  How low could he sink before you'd have an issue with him (and not like before when you would pretend not to love him, but like, really have an issue....or do his values and moral character align too closely with your own for that to happen)?  Real question, btw.

I have plenty of "issues" with Trump and said so. Problem is you want a die hard conservative stereotype to mock with leftist  ideology cliches you stockpile and frustrated I don't quite't fit the bill but you try anyway.

Edited by Zontar

2 minutes ago, Zontar said:

I have plenty of "issues" with Trump and said so. Problem is you want a die hard conservative stereotype to mock with leftist  ideology cliches you stockpile and frustrated I don't quite't fit the bill but you try anyway.

You cant paint everyone as a leftist just because they dislike your moral alignement with a nasty racist serial sexual abuser.  And you especially cant paint me that way.  Thats awfully lazy.  

By the way, NYSE halted trading.  How worried are you for Trump today?  

12 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

You cant paint everyone as a leftist just because they dislike your moral alignement with a nasty racist serial sexual abuser.  And you especially cant paint me that way.  Thats awfully lazy.  

By the way, NYSE halted trading.  How worried are you for Trump today?  

You're a leftist by your words and by your own identification as such. Not my problem you're uncomfortable being called out for that.

How happy are you about the potential for financial misery this could mean for ordinary working people ? Any misery is worth it if Trump or any ideological enemy gets the blame, right ?

Just now, Zontar said:

You're a leftist by your words and by your own identification as such. Not my problem you're uncomfortable being called out for that.

How happy are you about the potential for financial misery this could mean for ordinary working people ? Any misery is worth it if Trump or any ideological enemy gets the blame, right ?

Sorry pal, you wont guilt anyone into feeling sorry for Trump.  Most people feel terrible for the victims of his sexual assaults but we dont feel sorry for him for being a compulsive serial sexual harasser.   

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

The sheer incompetence of getting on the air and telling the American public that this virus will soon disappear and then boasting of a vaccine being around the corner is telling of the stupidity of a buffoon who once again knows nothing about anything.

Stop blaming Trump for his own incompetence you lefty!  😉 

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Sorry pal, you wont guilt anyone into feeling sorry for Trump.  Most people feel terrible for the victims of his sexual assaults but we dont feel sorry for him for being a compulsive serial sexual harasser.   

I only expect that if one one wants to be taken seriously about corruption , incompetence and political dirty tricks they had better broaden their scope if not you're just playing a partisan gotcha game that's safe and popular.

1 minute ago, Zontar said:

I only expect that if one one wants to be taken seriously about corruption , incompetence and political dirty tricks they had better broaden their scope if not you're just playing a partisan gotcha game that's safe and popular.

I'd expect that if someone expects people to have an issue with all politicians and parties, they wouldnt embrace the Liar-in-Chief, the Idiot-in-Chief, the Fraudster-in-Chief, the Sexual Abuser-in-Chief, the Racist-in-Chief etc etc etc.  And yet you do.  Why is that?  

It would be like being really really mad that people are critical of OJ but not critical of someone for getting a parking ticket.

15 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Stop blaming Trump for his own incompetence you lefty!  😉 

Very soon the same people condemning the virus strategy are going to have to come up with better plans of their own. Just simply criticizing for political points will be empty rhetoric. They points they think they are accumulating for an election will be meaningless.

Edited by Zontar

Just now, Zontar said:

Very soon the same people condemning the virus strategy are going to have to come up with better plans of their own. Just simply criticizing for political points will be empty rhetoric.

Are you suggesting 1) there is nothing else to criticize Trump over (haha)?  2) that Trump is not deserving of criticism?

This past week, as the coronavirus rages on.....Trump:

Attacked 2 Governors for declaring a state of emergency in their home states
Showed off his fiddling skills, online
Tweeted out a phony doctored video of a Biden speech
Continued to misrepresent and downplay virus risks, while contradicting actual health professionals
Played golf
Blamed the Fed, for the financial markets response to the virus outbreak
Accused media and Democrats of "political weaponizing"
Falsely blamed Obama, for slowing the development of coronavirus test kits
Stated that cruise ship passengers exposed to the virus be left aboard... so that they don’t add to the actual number of total infections in the US.

What inspiring leadership.....

Edited by do or die

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I'd expect that if someone expects people to have an issue with all politicians and parties, they wouldnt embrace the Liar-in-Chief, the Idiot-in-Chief, the Fraudster-in-Chief, the Sexual Abuser-in-Chief, the Racist-in-Chief etc etc etc.  And yet you do.  Why is that?  

It would be like being really really mad that people are critical of OJ but not critical of someone for getting a parking ticket.

If pointing out corruption and hypocrisy on the left is translated by you as "embracing"and "defending" Trump I can't help that .It's not my problem.

9 minutes ago, do or die said:

This past week, as the coronavirus rages on.....Trump:

Attacked 2 Governors for declaring a state of emergency in their home states
Showed off his fiddling skills, online
Tweeted out a phony doctored video of a Biden speech
Continued to misrepresent and downplay virus risks, while contradicting actual health professionals
Played golf
Blamed the Fed, for the financial markets response to the virus outbreak
Accused media and Democrats of "political weaponizing"
Falsely blamed Obama, for slowing the development of coronavirus test kits
Stated that cruise ship passengers exposed to the virus be left aboard... so that they don’t add to the actual number of total infections in the US.

What inspiring leadership.....

The perfect time for a Trump alternative to show their own leadership mettle and come up with a plan.

6 minutes ago, Zontar said:

If pointing out corruption and hypocrisy on the left is translated by you as "embracing"and "defending" Trump I can't help that .It's not my problem.

Its not your attacks on the left that make it seem like you embrace and love Trump, its all the times you embrace and love Trump that do.  

Just now, Zontar said:

The perfect time for a Trump alternative to show their own leadership mettle and come up with a plan.

lol you're suggesting that someone else should somehow take over the federal government and come up with a plan for dealing with this because Trump dropped the ball so badly?  And let me guess, if someone doesnt do that, it diminishes Trump's failure and incompetence, right?

Just now, Zontar said:

Sure, but Trump is currently the President, the only guy who can implement anything. 
He claims to be like Harry Truman (The buck stops here)
Well, he could have a sign like Harry did on his desk.  Although in his case it would read - The buck stops over there.

Overall, some empathy, and honesty would go a long way, instead of all his current bragging, deflecting and political gas-lighting.   As well as accepting some input from others, who may actually know more than he does.

On that note, do you seriously think that this supreme narcissist could accept anything from anybody..... that he couldn't take credit for himself?

A real leader strives for truth, unity, clarity, and provides reassurance to all, in the face of challenges.  

Unfortunately, Americans are stuck with a fake leader.

13 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

lol you're suggesting that someone else should somehow take over the federal government and come up with a plan for dealing with this because Trump dropped the ball so badly?  And let me guess, if someone doesnt do that, it diminishes Trump's failure and incompetence, right?

It's not a politicians responsibility, as a public servant, especially if he has high aspirations, to propose remedies to things he believes aren't being addressed? Seriously? 

Just standing back and criticizing to collect points for later attacks is leadership and public service to you ?

3 minutes ago, do or die said:

Sure, but Trump is currently the President, the only guy who can implement anything. 
He claims to be like Harry Truman (The buck stops here)
Well, he could have a sign like Harry did on his desk.  Although in his case it would read - The buck stops over there.

Overall, some empathy, and honesty would go a long way, instead of all his current bragging, deflecting and political gas-lighting.   As well as accepting some input from others, who may actually know more than he does.

On that note, do you seriously think that this supreme narcissist could accept anything from anybody..... that he couldn't take credit for himself?

A real leader strives for truth, unity, clarity, and provides reassurance to all, in the face of challenges.  

Unfortunately, Americans are stuck with a fake leader.

Yes, ultimately he is responsible.  But difficult times are opportunities for genuine leaders to emerge too. None yet. No shortage of critics though.

Just now, Zontar said:

Yes, ultimately he is responsible.  But difficult times are opportunities for genuine leaders to emerge too. None yet. No shortage of critics though.

If you go back a couple of pages, I pointed out in detail, the Donald's default approach and tactics that he applies to all situations.   During this crisis, all we have had, so far is the same garbage. 
Why would there be a shortage of critics?

I do agree with the opportunities for general leaders statement.... but unfortunately we have a President who spends all of his time attacking everybody and none of it collaborating with anyone. 

4 minutes ago, do or die said:

If you go back a couple of pages, I pointed out in detail, the Donald's default approach and tactics that he applies to all situations.   During this crisis, all we have had, so far is the same garbage. 
Why would there be a shortage of critics?

I do agree with the opportunities for general leaders statement.... but unfortunately we have a President who spends all of his time attacking everybody and none of it collaborating with anyone. 

Criticism is fair game. More than fair. But at some point the criticism has to be backed up with something. This is a pandemic not an argument over capital gains tax policy.

Perfect time for an anti Trump insurgency inside the party or for Biden or Sanders to come up with something. If they have anything better.

23 minutes ago, Zontar said:

It's not a politicians responsibility, as a public servant, especially if he has high aspirations, to propose remedies to things he believes aren't being addressed? Seriously? 

Just standing back and criticizing to collect points for later attacks is leadership and public service to you ?

Trump has total control over the information flow to the extent they are actively withholding information that certain people would probably require if they were going to make another plan.

But do you mean people like Schumer who called Trump's funding request inadequate?  The dems actually insisted on increased funding.  or do you mean the main Democratic candidates who have all answered how they would handle outbreaks like this?   

You know you have a crappy President when even devout supporters like you are embracing the "yeah, well what would YOU do" method of responding to criticism.   Probably most people wouldn't declare it a hoax, say it was going to be reduced to zero cases, cut funding to the CDC, tell sick people to go to work etc etc etc.  You know, most people's plan wouldn't include being a selfish idiot.

2 hours ago, Zontar said:

Are you in the Canadian Politics thread critiquing  Trudeau's handling of this thing? If not this is just a partisan game for you and you have no leg to stand on trying to turn this into a morality test.

That is some serious deflection and whataboutism...  The constant deflection and whataboutism when it comes to anything trump, pretty much paints you as a trump defender. how else could you view it?

if this was JT:

There would be outrage from everyone...

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

1 hour ago, Zontar said:

@The Unknown Poster is a "leftist"? Yeah, he's not. When trump came into power we started to agree on a lot more things... prior to that.. very little when not involving the bombers... 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy