US Politics

Rich

7 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Or... could be this:

What ever it is, something has really triggered him. Trump is bouncing of the walls in the WH, soon he will start spinning around, his eyes will pop out, smoke will stream out out every orifice, and then..............splat. 

9 minutes ago, bustamente said:

What ever it is, something has really triggered him. Trump is bouncing of the walls in the WH, soon he will start spinning around, his eyes will pop out, smoke will stream out out every orifice, and then..............splat. 

And still... not a fitting end for that monster.

Progressives :

After an Islamic inspired terrorist attack "instead of using the full weight of the surveillance state on an entire ideology focus on policing that's already in place and finding community solutions so young men don't feel alienated and prone to violence. An overreach by government just erodes civil liberties for everyone.

Also Progressives.

After a "white nationalist" attack. " The government must do something. Monitor and hunt down every critic of multiculturalism and immigration because they are really white nationalists using dog whistles and code words which automatically inspire violence. Ban, deplatform all of them everywhere. Who cares if innocent people are unfairly treated. It's all worth it"

43 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Actually all I have seen "progressives" say is that it's time for gun control and to stop promoting hatred and division...

Find me an influential American progressive either in the media or in politics who denounces Antifa or Louis Farrakan with  the same vigor and I will beleive Progressives ' motives.

21 minutes ago, Zontar said:

If whataboutism means calling out an  intellectually dishonest and morally bankrupt  position on incitement of violence and politics,,then, yes.

No whataboutism means ignoring obvious problems to try and find faults in the "other side". Gun violence is a problem in the USA and it is the Republicans who ignore that. No point in trying to what about the left on anything. 

3 hours ago, pigseye said:

Mass shooting in Toronto, must be Trudeau's fault. 

Oh yeah totally- they found the shooter's manifesto that echoed Trudeau's call to a carbon tax and the libtard call to arms... 

Not quite the same as trumps rhetoric being put into action

- but you knew that, yet still chimed in with the whataboutery, interesting. Please stop being so dishonest.

3 hours ago, Zontar said:

Weird. It's like the criminal element ignore strict gun laws.

Compare the weapons of the Danforth shooting to the El Paso and Danton shootings.  Gun control leads to smaller arms, reduces the casualties and limits the damage.  

There is absolutely NO need for a civillian to be able to Purchase this:

dayton-anno-dt-720.jpg

Semi-automatic, 100 round magazine of .223 caliber bullets.... without a background check, which would have flagged his troubled history of having a kill and rape list in high school. 

Also, this is how easy it was for him:

The Dayton gunman bought his AR-style weapon online and had it shipped from Texas to a gun store in Ohio, where he picked it up, according to the Dayton Police Department. The weapon was modified with a brace to improve stability, which means that it functioned identically to a short-barreled AR-style rifle. The modification was legal, according to the Police Department.

Mass shooters have also circumvented state law by traveling to neighboring states with fewer gun restrictions to purchase weapons, or by making small modifications to other legal weapons.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Just now, 17to85 said:

As witnessed by them doing nothing about all the school shootings.

exactly.  What's a few dead kids? At least they don't have my gun!

I watched Hotel Mumbai last night.  There's a case where if some people did have guns, they might have been able to stop a lot of killing of un-armed people by nut-jobs.  But whatever, guns are just bad.

11 hours ago, Zontar said:

Find me an influential American progressive either in the media or in politics who denounces Antifa or Louis Farrakan with  the same vigor and I will beleive Progressives ' motives.

What is the antifa bodycount of the past year in Canada and the United States?

Also, unless I missed it, you never revealed the congressional districts where all the illegal voting happened in 2016.

Edited by johnzo