US Politics

Rich

4 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Avenatti has said this before abd he just said it again , that he thinks that Trump will either be impeached or will resign, people that have nothing to hide  don't invoke the 5th, dirty POTUS with a dirty fixer

If the Dems take the house in November there is a good chance trump gets impeached. But it’s highly unlikely the senate would convict (and remove him) unless something (perhaps Mueller’s report) swings the GOP against Trump. 

The GOP might see a better chance of future victory with Pence but Trump would tear the GOP apart. They don’t want that. 

The question though, if trump is impeached, would he go through a senate trial even if he thinks he’ll win or would he prefer to resign rather then face that scrutiny? 

Plus he could make the same deal Nixon did and resign to elevate Pence who would then pardon him (and his family). Losing the presidency is one thing. You and your kids going to jail is something else. 

17 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If the Dems take the house in November there is a good chance trump gets impeached. But it’s highly unlikely the senate would convict (and remove him) unless something (perhaps Mueller’s report) swings the GOP against Trump. 

The GOP might see a better chance of future victory with Pence but Trump would tear the GOP apart. They don’t want that. 

The question though, if trump is impeached, would he go through a senate trial even if he thinks he’ll win or would he prefer to resign rather then face that scrutiny? 

Plus he could make the same deal Nixon did and resign to elevate Pence who would then pardon him (and his family). Losing the presidency is one thing. You and your kids going to jail is something else. 

Avenatti is putting his money on Trump resigning , guy seems to get a lot of things right, time will tell

On 2018-04-30 at 8:43 AM, pigseye said:

Is there even a Russia investigation anymore? The decay of western society thanks to the liberal media. Whether Putin planned it or not, mission accomplished on further dividing the country. 

Yeah, like who cares, man. Whatev. Tell me about the emails. Lock her up! 

President is corrupt? Stupid libs. Fake news. Snowflakes. Triggered. 

57 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yeah, like who cares, man. Whatev. Tell me about the emails. Lock her up! 

President is corrupt? Stupid libs. Fake news. Snowflakes. Triggered. 

How does airing someones dirty laundry equate to the potential unauthorized release of classified documents on a private email server? One is guilty of bad taste, the other of a crime against the government. 

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

Trump's hand in uniting the Koreas is more than any US president has accomplished on the world stage in 70 years

Yup, if this is a for-real thing I'll give him credit for that. 

The  peaceful collapse of the Soviet Union was even bigger, tho I'm not a historian and can't really talk about how much credit Reagan/Bush should get for that.

On 2018-04-30 at 8:43 AM, pigseye said:

Is there even a Russia investigation anymore? The decay of western society thanks to the liberal media. Whether Putin planned it or not, mission accomplished on further dividing the country. 

Yes. The DOJ appointed a special prosecutor named Mueller to investigate trumps efforts to obstruct the FBi’s Investigation into Russian meddling. In fact some questions he has for Trump just leaked. 

Were you not aware of any of this?  Stop watching Fox. 

8 hours ago, pigseye said:

How does airing someones dirty laundry equate to the potential unauthorized release of classified documents on a private email server? One is guilty of bad taste, the other of a crime against the government. 

DOJ disagrees. Investigation into Hilary is over. Investigation into Trump isn’t 

Let the investigations continue.  Trump's making positive moves for the economy and for international relations but the Democrats don't care... it's all politics to them.  The country is doing great but they want to see it burn.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

Let the investigations continue.  Trump's making positive moves for the economy and for international relations but the Democrats don't care... it's all politics to them.  The country is doing great but they want to see it burn.

Let's be honest, both sides play politics.  And the things Trump has done and is accused of should not be ignored regardless of any positives.  If he has committed impeachable offenses, he should be impeached. 

As for the Dems, the AG is a Republican.  Rosenstein is a Republican.  Mueller is a Republican.  But sure, its the Dems.

17 hours ago, johnzo said:

Yup, if this is a for-real thing I'll give him credit for that. 

The  peaceful collapse of the Soviet Union was even bigger, tho I'm not a historian and can't really talk about how much credit Reagan/Bush should get for that.

Yes, the President of South Korea has done a great job. 

17 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yes, the President of South Korea has done a great job. 

Agreed!  He is a smart man.

South Korean President Moon Jae-in said U.S. President Donald Trump deserves a Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts to end the standoff with North Korea over its nuclear weapons program, a South Korean official said on Monday.

“President Trump should win the Nobel Peace Prize. What we need is only peace,” Moon told a meeting of senior secretaries, according to a presidential Blue House official who briefed media.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-southkorea-trump/trump-should-win-the-nobel-peace-prize-says-south-koreas-moon-idUSKBN1I10OD

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Agreed!  He is a smart man.

If you ask Trump, Im sure he'd agree he deserves the peace prize.  Whereas normal people defer to others.

But hey, if you're a Trump fan, that's your right.  Im sure his efforts in North Korea have been strong, what with his intense schedule of working three hours a day, twice a week.

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

What metrics are you using to determine great? Honest question- not being snide. 

21 hours ago, Atomic said:

Trump's hand in uniting the Koreas is more than any US president has accomplished on the world stage in 70 years

Why does Trump get credit for this? I think Kim Jun Un should get the praise and accolades. Didn't he fend off a nuke wielding cheetoed-coloured madman?

1 minute ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

What metrics are you using to determine great? Honest question- not being snide. 

I had a similar question and exact type feeling, not snide.

Ideally, knowing this person isn't real, how would an apolitical, non-biased, non-ideological, critical thinking person describe how the United States is doing?

14 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Why does Trump get credit for this? I think Kim Jun Un should get the praise and accolades. Didn't he fend off a nuke wielding cheetoed-coloured madman?

I wonder how it must feel to be so blinded by hatred that you praise a dictator with the record of human rights abuses that Kim Jong Un has.  But to each their own!  Its all about getting "your guy" in office, I guess!

22 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If you ask Trump, Im sure he'd agree he deserves the peace prize.  Whereas normal people defer to others.

But hey, if you're a Trump fan, that's your right.  Im sure his efforts in North Korea have been strong, what with his intense schedule of working three hours a day, twice a week.

That's a quote from Moon, not Trump.

10 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I wonder how it must feel to be so blinded by hatred that you praise a dictator with the record of human rights abuses that Kim Jong Un has.  But to each their own!  Its all about getting "your guy" in office, I guess!

I got no skin in the game- so IDK what you are talking about. Not a fan of trump- but that is because he is a terrible human. 

I don't understand why his past record (as heinous as they are) should take away the fact that he came out of his hermit kingdom, starting to talk about halting nuke program (even if his test site is already collapsing and can't be used), reaching out to other countries and deterring a orange-tinged nuke-wielding dotard? WHy does trump get all the praise for what KJU is doing? Cuz he's threatening nuclear war on twitter?

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy