US Politics

Rich

18 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Good clarification, everything including renewables are well behind coal in what they do, generate electricity.  

Actually Natural Gas is right behind coal for electricity generation in the States and is probably going to overtake it shortly if it hasn't already.  Much cleaner and more efficient than coal and the Americans have a lot of it.  (Yes I know it's still not the best for the environment but it beats coal)

https://instituteforenergyresearch.org/topics/encyclopedia/coal/

6 hours ago, basslicker said:

There were 346 mass shootings in the US in 2017. There were 15,594 gun deaths that year. 

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/past-tolls

The US must be overrun with criminals and evil compared to every other country in the developed world.

Edited by Jacquie

2 hours ago, do or die said:

Mulller just filed MORE charges against Manifort. 

In the 37-page indictment issued in Virginia, prosecutors describe a "scheme" in which the two longtime business partners allegedly laundered $30 million, failed to pay taxes for almost 10 years and used real estate they owned to fraudulently secure more than $20 million in loans.  

Some of the charges Gates pleaded guilty to, have now been added to the previous indictment.

I wonder why they always announce charges on Friday?

I (Trump) was at Mar-a-Lago and we had this incredible ball, the Red Cross Ball, in Palm Beach, Florida. And we had the Marines. And the Marines were there, and it was terrible because all these rich people, they’re there to support the Marines, but they’re really there to get their picture in the Palm Beach Post… so you have all these really rich people, and a man, about 80 years old—very wealthy man, a lot of people didn’t like him—he fell off the stage. 

Trump explained that this was a $100K-per-table fundraiser at his Mar-a-Lago estate and the Marines, he admitted, were given "the worst table in the whole place" at the very back of the room in the corner. 

When the old man fell in front of Trump, there were two completely different responses---one from the Marines, and one from Trump: 

The Marines ran up front, picked up the man, covered in blood, and formed a human stretcher to carry him out.  

Then there was Donald Trump: 

And you know what I did? I said, ‘Oh my God, that’s disgusting,’ and I turned away,” said Trump. “I couldn’t, you know, he was right in front of me and I turned away. I didn’t want to touch him… he’s bleeding all over the place.
I felt terrible, you know, beautiful marble floor, didn’t look like it. It changed color. Became very red....His wife is screaming—she’s sitting right next to him, and she’s screaming.
I was saying “Get that blood cleaned up! It’s disgusting!”

Edited by Mark F

3 hours ago, johnzo said:

Gotta read this. I'm pretty pro-gun-control but man, implementing a semiautomatic weapon ban in a nation where millions or tens of millions of such weapons exist ... that is a tricky one, and the implementation will really matter.

Other nations have done it. You do a buy back and amnesty program. That will get a ton of the weapons as the majority of people want to be law compliant. 

If it’s illegal to own it’s easy to get the rest. People will stooge off.  Normal investigations etc.