US Politics

Rich

17 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

And yet I would rather watch the Riders play each other in an intra-mural training camp game then go to her latest movie, which just looked awful. :)

It was actually fairly entertaining, in spite of Hugh Grant. Whatever you want to say about her otherwise, she can really act.

Just now, nate007 said:

It was actually fairly entertaining, in spite of Hugh Grant. Whatever you want to say about her otherwise, she can really act.

all right, well maybe we'll check it out.  I do like her acting, that's for sure.  I honestly can't remember the last Streep movie I saw.  Julie and Julia?  

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Do you have any other source than Buzzfeed? 

Sure.  CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/politics/donald-trump-intelligence-report-russia/

Classified documents presented last week to President Obama and President-elect Trump included allegations that Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump, multiple US officials with direct knowledge of the briefings tell CNN.

New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/10/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-intelligence.html?_r=0

The former British intelligence officer who gathered the material about Mr. Trump is considered a competent and reliable operative with extensive experience in Russia, American officials said. But he passed on what he heard from Russian informants and others, and what they told him has not yet been vetted by American intelligence.

The memos describe sex videos involving prostitutes with Mr. Trump in a 2013 visit to a Moscow hotel. The videos were supposedly prepared as “kompromat,” or compromising material, with the possible goal of blackmailing Mr. Trump in the future.

20 minutes ago, Rich said:

wow - well that's pretty bad.  We'll see if its true, and if it is, we'll see how Melania handles infidelity in their relationship and how bad she wants to be first lady.  If she is contemplating a run for the Senate after Donald's done, and perhaps even becoming a future Secretary of State maybe she'll just forgive him (publicly not privately) and lead a sham of a marriage for the next 20 years.  At least she has a roadmap to follow.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

14 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

This is why I asked if there were any other sources other than Buzzfeed...

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/buzzfeed-runs-error-laden-unverifiable-trump-russia-claim/

My bad.  I was under the impression that fake news and sensational sound bites was the world we lived in now with Trump as the President of the United States America.

5 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

wow - well that's pretty bad.  We'll see if its true, and if it is, we'll see how Melania handles infidelity in their relationship and how bad she wants to be first lady.  If she is contemplating a run for the Senate after Donald's done, and perhaps even becoming a future Secretary of State maybe she'll just forgive him (publicly not privately) and lead a sham of a marriage for the next 20 years.  At least she has a roadmap to follow.

Trump has a history of being unfaithful so I doubt it would surprise her. And will Melania even be a "real" first lady. Starting in mid-December Trump was saying his adult sons would run the business. Ivanka has quit her job at Trump and her own company and has apparently sold her common shares in Trump Industries so she can take on the role while Melania stays in New York to look after their son. 

4 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Lost in the golden shower of information regarding Trump's alleged acts of treason is news that he wants an anti-vaxxer, who believes they cause autism, to head a vaccine safety committee.

That is so scary. There is NO scientific evidence to support that claim but then Trump and Republicans don't really care about science.

Trump over-sells the denials.  So does Russia.  They have no "opposition" reports on Trump?  Really?  Riiight.

And before I saw the details, its pretty easy to imagine.  Trump was there on business so often.  Drinks start flowing.  Maybe some drugs come out.  Hookers.  Maybe some of them are underage.  And voila, you've compromised a future President.  Trump sleeps around so why would he not have under those circumstances?  It would make sense of why Trump lied about his Russian business dealings.  He thinks if he just claims it never happened, that people will just forget about it.

It raises an interesting ethical dilemma.  What if he IS compromised and Russia actually uses that to influence him?  And the VP knows...senior intelligence knows etc?  What do they do?  Would the cabinet act to remove him?  If he was as ethical as President Bartlett from the West Wing, Trump would invoke the 25th himself. 

On 1/10/2017 at 7:35 AM, nate007 said:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/01/11/russia-denies-having-compromising-materials-trump/96434896/

Russia is denying they have compromising info on Trump.  I assume whether you believe this or not is based on your political views.  I do note that these reports are still unverified.  If verified, then for sure I will believe them.  But until then, even a lot of Trump enemies are saying that there is no point talking about this.