edmonton hamilton

Mark F

11 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Typical Stoudermire returns, run sideways, jump around a bit and get tackled.

Scary injury to Derrius Brooks who has been taken to hospital for precautionary reasons. Sure looked like he was knocked out cold for a while there.

OMG! Officials completely blow it calling the Cats for an illegal short kick that wasn't. Embarrassing. Not that it made much difference.

Edited by J5V
Added a point.

54 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

isn't the eye in the sky supposed to catch these completely blown calls?

Imagine that being a playoff game. How can they get something that simple wrong at this point in the season? I mean, he kicked off from the 35, Bowman touches the ball at the 49, it has to go 10 yards and it went 14, but they mistakenly think it has only gone 9 yards and apply a penalty against Hamilton for an illegal kick. Rhinebold screams at the ref and gets another flag. Stunning incompetence. That group of officials should never work another CFL game but will likely get the Grey Cup. 

Somebody tell me I saw it all wrong and explain it to me, please.

The penalty was not because the kick wasn't long enough. The penalty was for it going out of bounds. The League has said there shouldn't have been a flag but it certainly didn't affect the outcome of the game. It was Edmonton ball whether there had been a penalty or not.

Edited by Jacquie

7 hours ago, Jacquie said:

The penalty was not because the kick wasn't long enough. The penalty was for it going out of bounds. The League has said there shouldn't have been a flag but it certainly didn't affect the outcome of the game. It was Edmonton ball whether there had been a penalty or not.

Oh, okay. We all saw Bowman swat it out of bounds so bad call either way. Then to penalize Rhinebold ... well.

9 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Kick out of bounds was the wrong call because Bowman obviously touched the ball. Penalizing Reinbold was the right call, because he was going off on a ref and wouldn't stop.

Correct. Reinbold Reinebold did the right thing. They needed the ball and his getting penalized wasn't going to hurt the Tabbies. He served notice to the refs to never screw the Cats over like that again. I think they got the message. But how does the ref not see Bowman bat the ball out of bounds? How do they not correct the error there and then? So embarrassing for the league.

Edited by J5V
Spelling