Heritage Classic

Rich

Make sure, for both games, you extend your PVR recordings as the plan for rain is to delay as long as possible, especially Sunday's game.  Worst case scenario they will play Sunday's game on Monday.

Weather looks good though.  Saturday now has a slight chance of rain in the afternoon, with rain in the evening.  Game should be over.  Sunday is partly sunny.  Should be beautiful.

23 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Peter-Tessier/Winnipeg-Jets-fans-take-back-their-history/161/80080

Interesting column about Jets history.  I still dont get why the NHL doesnt "officially" merge Jets 1.0 history with Jets 2.0.   Would make all the sense in the world. 

Not to me it doesn't.

51 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

It was great.  Not sure how scripted it was with goalies making great saves.  But whatever.

Why did Wayne take off so quick and not partake in the group photo?

yeah I was wondering that myself - everyone else stayed out there and Wayne booked it for the dressing room.  Kind of weird actually.

Kris King looked in great shape as well. Has Tikkanen put on the pounds. I felt sorry for Mike Ford & Willy Lindstrom. Only Ford &  Lindstrom played in the WHA with Bobby Hull. It would have been great to get their takes on the game & playing here 40 years ago when it all started. Didn't even talk to either of them. Nice to see Eddie Olcyzk & Numannin back as Jets.  It was exciting to see all these all those great players.

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Kris King looked in great shape as well. Has Tikkanen put on the pounds. I felt sorry for Mike Ford & Willy Lindstrom. Only Ford &  Lindstrom played in the WHA with Bobby Hull. It would have been great to get their takes on the game & playing here 40 years ago when it all started. Didn't even talk to either of them. Nice to see Eddie Olcyzk & Numannin back as Jets.  It was exciting to see all these all those great players.

Lukowich played with Bobby Hull in the WHA.  Gave Bobby a big shout out during his interview.  

Edited by kelownabomberfan

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

Lukowich played with Bobby Hull.  Gave Bobby a big shout out during his interview.  

I loved the old school goaltending. The 2 pad stack. Staying up on their skates rather than doing a butterfly on their knees & sliding across the crease. Ranford on his back with the puck underneath him. Great to watch.