Heritage Classic

Rich

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I hate kow-towing to whiners....blah.

Thing is, there would be no whining if they hadnt had the silly rule in the first place.  The three babies that would have gone would have made no difference and there would be no negative press about it.

Now it will be how the crowd was too drunk and unruly for the six month old.  or how IGF doesnt have suitable amounts of parent change stations.  Or that they didnt pump in artificial heat to keep the babies reasonably warm.  Maybe Bettman can personally powder some bums.

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Thing is, there would be no whining if they hadnt had the silly rule in the first place.  The three babies that would have gone would have made no difference and there would be no negative press about it.

Now it will be how the crowd was too drunk and unruly for the six month old.  or how IGF doesnt have suitable amounts of parent change stations.  Or that they didnt pump in artificial heat to keep the babies reasonably warm.  Maybe Bettman can personally powder some bums.

Fairly certain he's been doing that for Crosby for years now...

Was thinking with the winter classic coming up. I have a hockey stick I won as a child that is autographed by the entire 1978 Winnipeg jets team. Won tickets to a Bobby Hull dinner in Edmonton at a Oil Kings game. Went with my brother and dad. Then at the dinner won the stick in a raffle. My dad took some picture of me sitting on Bobby Hull's lap with the stick. I was 8 years old.  I've had the stick varnished and kept in my gun rack for almost 40 years. have thought about selling it, but don't know what it would be worth or if I could even part with it.

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Was thinking with the winter classic coming up. I have a hockey stick I won as a child that is autographed by the entire 1978 Winnipeg jets team. Won tickets to a Bobby Hull dinner in Edmonton at a Oil Kings game. Went with my brother and dad. Then at the dinner won the stick in a raffle. My dad took some picture of me sitting on Bobby Hull's lap with the stick. I was 8 years old.  I've had the stick varnished and kept in my gun rack for almost 40 years. have thought about selling it, but don't know what it would be worth or if I could even part with it.

Joe Daley has a sports memorabilia store in Winnipeg. As a former WHA Jet goalie he would have autographed that stick. He'd know what that stick would be worth. If you ever get to Winnipeg get  him to check it out.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

23 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Joe Daley has a sports memorabilia store in Winnipeg. As a former WHA Jet goalie he would have autographed that stick. He'd know what that stick would be worth. If you ever get to Winnipeg get  him to check it out.

They got FB page, you can msg em.

I had an amazing Bobby Hull WHA table top game in my youth. Had all the WHA team pennants.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'll dig it out and look at it today. I know it has Neilson, Hedberg, and Hull.  I thought the goalie on it was Bromley.  Can't remember off top of my head.  It was autographed already when I won it and that night Bobby Hull signed to top again. 

It's an incredible, once-in-a-lifetime thing to be a part of. As I'd mentioned previously, I absolutely DESPISE both the Habs and the Flames, but I went to the outdoor game in Calgary because I may never get to again and it was INSANE. It was frickin' cold and windy (February) but just to be a part of the whole spectacle...it was unbelievable. To get to do something like this in Winnipeg, and with actual NICE weather...man you guys are lucky. Anybody who didn't buy tix...you're really missing out.