Our D the last 4 games.

wbbfan

Can't play for 60 minutes, not ready to play at the start of the game, again, completely undisciplined, terrible on both sides of the ball, at home, in a game we absolutely had to have. O'Shea complaining about penalties, mistakes, and needing to play cleaner. How about challenging the PI, Mike? Almost 500 yds of offense and 30 first downs by Edm. Wow.

4 minutes ago, pigseye said:

That's the first full 60 mins the D has stunk it out since the streak. I'd say Hall's been figured out pretty thoroughly now and unless he finds a way to adjust the Bombers are going to keep getting killed in man-to-man matchups.

I agree but they did shut edmonton down in the 2nd half outside of a couple fgs and a long td. But I agree with your main point for sure. Hall has been figured out 

51 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Make that the last 5 games. The last 2 especially the D has really looked soft. Back to back games where we needed a stop by our D to win/potentially win the game and both times they've crumbled. Starting to come back to earth at the worst possible time.

Our D looked like the Etch D in 2014. Couldn't stop anything to seal a win late in the game.

While I agree the defense was not good tonight I also thought the offense wasn't very good either. Yes we had over 300 yards of offense and scored what 26 points but we couldn't maintain drives; and we constantly continue to throw those dinkie little passes. I wouldn't mind it too much if we had the game in hand or at least were controlling the clock but we do neither. Further why in the name of ....... are we throwing the ball to Dressler in double and triple coverage time and time again. Kohert dropped several balls tonight, Smith was a non event, Dressler had one good catch and run for a TD and then we have Denmark who continues to catch everything thrown his way but is seldom used. He gets behind coverage like Dressler, is not as often in double coverage as Dressler is but for some reason is not thrown the ball.

I guess we were out coached in that our game plan both offense and defense wasn't good enough. We were out played as well and reality is Edmonton has a better team talent wise than we do. Can we get into the playoffs; well with a little help from others we can but if we continue to play as we did tonight we will not need a little help but rather a lot of help. Here's hoping without rose coloured glasses.

24 minutes ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

While I agree the defense was not good tonight I also thought the offense wasn't very good either. Yes we had over 300 yards of offense and scored what 26 points but we couldn't maintain drives; and we constantly continue to throw those dinkie little passes. I wouldn't mind it too much if we had the game in hand or at least were controlling the clock but we do neither. Further why in the name of ....... are we throwing the ball to Dressler in double and triple coverage time and time again. Kohert dropped several balls tonight, Smith was a non event, Dressler had one good catch and run for a TD and then we have Denmark who continues to catch everything thrown his way but is seldom used. He gets behind coverage like Dressler, is not as often in double coverage as Dressler is but for some reason is not thrown the ball.

I guess we were out coached in that our game plan both offense and defense wasn't good enough. We were out played as well and reality is Edmonton has a better team talent wise than we do. Can we get into the playoffs; well with a little help from others we can but if we continue to play as we did tonight we will not need a little help but rather a lot of help. Here's hoping without rose coloured glasses.

Well said. 

What was the time of possession in the first half after the dressler TD cuz it seemed like edmonton owned it and not just cuz the D couldn't get off the field but cuz our O couldn't stay on it. Really good field position for Edmonton most of the first half also. 

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Meh, the D stood up when they needed to, made some big plays that gave the O a chance to win the game which they couldn't deliver.  Not really impressed with either side tonight, they kind of deserve each other.  Fair to middlin' team is what they are right now.

Is this sarcasm? Reilly completed 32 of 38 passes for 355 yards. White rushed for 104 yards on 19 carries.

The Eskimos scored 40 points.

What game were you watching??

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

No doubt but it's not like our O was doing much for 3 quarters either 

Dress fumble at the 2, and, a return for touchdown that was called back on  a phantom penalty. the O and ST did enough to win, the D was as porous as a sponge. 

Edited by White Out

22 minutes ago, White Out said:

Is this sarcasm? Reilly completed 32 of 38 passes for 355 yards. White rushed for 104 yards on 19 carries.

The Eskimos scored 40 points.

What game were you watching??

The game I watched had an inconsistent offensive attack with plenty of two and outs with a sporadic drive or two.  Neither side played well enough to earn the victory and the ST game was about as sparky as a bowl of cold porridge.

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The game I watched had an inconsistent offensive attack with plenty of two and outs with a sporadic drive or two.  Neither side played well enough to earn the victory and the ST game was about as sparky as a bowl of cold porridge.

You can't hang this loss on the offense when the Esks O moved the ball downfield at will on our defense & the refs had a boner for the Eskimos all night.