Everything posted by Jesse
-
Grey Cup early chat
I've only seen these two, so I'm no where near satisfied yet. My first focus is beating Edmonton's 5 in a row. I want to be the best organization in every way.
-
West Final GDT: Back to Back Champs vs Dome Boys
It definitely mean trading in a guy or two for a rookie. But 300k isn't going to destroy the whole team. You have that kicking around by the end of the year just based on savings from guys on the 6-game.
-
2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News
Evans would not make their team better. No available guy would, really. They just really need to focus on building through the draft and recruitment and hope someone appears for them once the rest of their roster is built up. He's been with us for two years. I would assume he's going to be a FA, but no idea.
-
West Final GDT: Back to Back Champs vs Dome Boys
You say you're not up for a stupid argument but you bring it up again when even Dave Naylor has said he's not sure how it would look. Regardless, it doesn't even matter if you're right or not, because if Rourke is in the NFL, the Lions still will be paying his replacement for than 80k next season and there's no way you pay a starter less than 400. SO it will impact their roster. "SMS hell" is probably over stating it, but it's a luxury they had this season, and won't moving forward.
- Grey Cup Pickem's
-
Grey Cup early chat
- West Final GDT: Back to Back Champs vs Dome Boys
Weird how he just seems to play bad against us, eh?- West Final GDT: Back to Back Champs vs Dome Boys
He FO'd himself before he could FI.- Grey Cup Roll Call and what's happening in Regina
Tickets and airbnb are booked. See you all there.- West Final GDT: Back to Back Champs vs Dome Boys
Now I know where to go for game day breakfast!- West Final GDT: Back to Back Champs vs Dome Boys
"The Lions and Bombers played twice last month to close out the regular season, but neither game meant anything in the standings. You have to go back to Week 5 when the Lions, who were 3-0 at the time, hosted the 4-0 Blue Bombers. The Lions averaged 45.6 points per game through the first three weeks and were the favourites, but Winnipeg left Vancouver with a convincing 43-22 win. “The first meeting, I can’t lie, we were complaining out there. We came into the game, feeling ourselves at 3-0,” said Lions defensive back Garry Peters. “So, we came into the game excited but we had a lot of excuses on the sideline. You gotta learn from every game. You grow from every game. It’s 20 games later, you can’t be the same team you were in game four.” https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/2022/11/12/lions-reckon-theyre-playing-with-house-money Well, Peters can admit it....I'm not sure others on the Lions roster have that ability.- West Final GDT: Back to Back Champs vs Dome Boys
LFG!!!!- East Final thread
Both teams are so inconsistent, it’s hard to believe in one over the other. I think it’ll be a blow out - I don’t know who will come out on top.- Pre-West Final Thread: Bombers Updates
I’m sure all QBs use it in the cold. Hard to throw with numb fingers.- Pre-West Final Thread: Bombers Updates
The answer is always Special Teams. MOS prioritizes ST as much as he does the O and the D and the rotation of guys on those teams. Every time we raise an eyebrow (and I have), the guy is probably is or is replacing a "starting" STer.- Pre-West Final Thread: Bombers Updates
Yeah, hopefully it's an exciting game.- Pre-West Final Thread: Bombers Updates
Yes, it’s a complete waste of time to try and count seats on Ticketmaster.- West Final GDT: Back to Back Champs vs Dome Boys
Amazing. Can't think of a single reason not to do this.- Pre-West Final Thread: Bombers Updates
I'm right there with you, but I understand that what he's getting at. It's also the only thing I've seen this week - I expected much more of a marketing blitz.- 2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News
Three more years! Three more years!- Pre-West Final Thread: Bombers Updates
Simply one of my favourite quotes of all time. I want to vomit every time someone repeats Einstein's definition of insanity, but never tire of hearing Big Mike.- Divisional Semi-finals GDT
They were all year long, why should it have changed in the cup game?- Divisional Semi-finals GDT
I loved Swaggerville - that summer was, for me, the most fun I've had as a Bomber fan my entire life. It was college years and that was just pure enjoyment. Jovon Johnson and Jonathon Hefney are two of my all time favourite players. And I was very upset when we let O'Dell get away. This team is obviously expected to act/represent themselves in a different way. But, though they say all the right things and go about things professionally no matter what, you could see in the BC games that they (and especially Zach) come out a little bigger, stronger, faster. They know what's been said about Rourke and BC and they want to shut them down a little harder than other teams.- West Final GDT: Back to Back Champs vs Dome Boys
You guys all sound like crotchety old men and/or spoiled kids. I have zero idea what the problem is. Rourke is the new shiny thing, it's awesome to have more talent in the league. We have the best team in the league - we're in the middle of the best of times. My only problem with the Kid Canada moniker is the total lack of originality - he got jobbed out of a cool nickname because he's Canadian.- 2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News
Nathan Rourke is good and the BC Lions are good. The Winnipeg Blue Bombers are great and have not been tested by the Lions this year. Maybe next year, but they’re not on our level just yet. - West Final GDT: Back to Back Champs vs Dome Boys