Everything posted by Jesse
-
Still Struggling
That's a fine line to walk - the more you know, the more realize realize how corrupt and terrible the world is and how little power we have to do anything to do about it. I've never been more mentally fragile than I was during covid and 90% of my time was spent reading the news and people commenting about virus this, masking that. My wife and I talk about staying in our bubble. Be good people, raise our children to be good people. Hope to leave more positive impacts than we do negative.
-
Still Struggling
It's actually really interesting to read about mental health awareness and strategies from the perspective of a sports fan. These are really important topics that a lot of people might not otherwise read, but sharing it from the viewpoint of a disappointed fan makes it accessible for those who may not be inclined to seek the information out on their own. Very well done, Zach.
-
Still love this team
Part of enticing BLM to sign will be signing an impact WR.
-
How retired is Jason Medlock?
Legs was not the reason we lost. But it was the one part of the loss that we could have anticipated and addressed prior to the Grey Cup.
-
Still love this team
To be fair, Bob dropped a lot of smack before ending on that "reasonable" tweet.
-
Still love this team
I 100% believe that the team will trust him to continue to develop. Any “challenge” will be in name only.
-
Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season
Not hate - but he was planning on hitting FA last season and has had injury trouble. He was easily our best player of the first half - before getting injured…. He’s a player I can see moving on. Ellingson is another guy who I can see not coming back. I would bring Thomas back if there’s mutual interest. I hope we can fit Darby in this time around.
-
Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season
We were talking all night about this. OL runs it back with a strong possibility that Drew D returns to solidify our interior. Our PR guys may try to push Hardrick, but I think continuity wins out. There exists the possibility that we sing Kenny Lawler and then Dalton spends half the season trying to make it in the NFL but returns for the second half push. We are going to have a plethora of options in the secondary after another season of young guys getting long looks. The only thing in question for me is the DL. Do we see some changes there? I know the team loves Willie, don’t anticipate anything changing there. Does Jeffcoat move on? Can we add to our interior?
-
How retired is Jason Medlock?
We will trot Legs out with no competition next year guaranteed. Say what you will about the kid, but he was leaps and bounds better this year than last. Let’s hope he can still add some strength.
-
2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News
Monson is a guy who has grinded and worked his way up. He may be a candidate in the future - but the focus always seems to go to the younger OCs. Kilam is a STC. Has definitely been talked about for HC opportunities. But the jump from STC is less common. A lot of people remained their eyebrows when we hired MOS. They were saying the same things that people are now saying about Buck too. And Delmonaco has moved around a ton in his career, looking for increased opportunities. He just seems to have hit his ceiling/comfortable spot. I don’t think that’s true of Buck (though I absolutely think/agree with the notion that he’ll wait for a good opportunity.
-
2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News
If not this year, then next. There isn’t an example of a coach who just stays in the same place and role for his whole career.
-
CFLPA All Star Team
It just shows that players have as many biases as the media does.
-
Rourke Contract squabbles
Money, OL, surrounding cast. He may go to BC first, but they need to at least match other offers.
-
Rourke Contract squabbles
I don't believe we'll ever get the answer. He'll be in the NFL and he'll come back as a FA.
-
Rourke Contract squabbles
Does every team pick up the third year option for every draft pick (that has one built into their contract)? Is there the option decline the +1?
-
Rourke Contract squabbles
Again, what is not explicitly said (or not said) is if the team can deny the option. You do not know if the league will or will not allow that. None of us do. There is an element of ambiguity that you’re not admitting to, which is the only thing that annoys me.
-
2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News
I don't know for sure one way or the other....but I admit that I don't know.
-
Grey Cup early chat
Meh. If he can't make it, he can't make it. Sometimes life happens.
-
Grey Cup early chat
I have zero concerns about Zach.
-
Grey Cup early chat
Nah, I couldn't cheer for the Riders.
-
Grey Cup early chat
All he had to do was not turn the ball over 5 times... Guess what he did?
-
2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News
Just stop it.
-
West Final GDT: Back to Back Champs vs Dome Boys
Adding a starting QB mid season is obviously different than rosterbuilding in the off season. No question they’re are going to have to make a couple of tough choices, but it’s not that big of a deal. The loss of talent at the QB position is the bigger issue.
-
2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News
I think Montreal is a possibility for Faj - use him as a change of pace guy with Harris
-
2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News
He's less than he was but more than they've had.