Everything posted by bearpants
-
Little Cats at Big Cats
The "little" brother is listed at 6'5, 231 lbs... that alone (along with solid college numbers) will keep him in the NFL for a least a few years
-
CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/leaders... significantly better than cfl.ca Your memory is typically impeccable for these sort of thing so I hesitate to question you... but I believe O'Shea had Stubler tapped to be the DC... then he chose Calgary instead... leading to the hiring of Etchevarry.
-
Les Waseau @ Bombers GDT
I might be tempted to say it’s more the sum of the parts… no guy has really stood out as outstanding… but as a unit, they’ve been very good all year
-
Les Waseau @ Bombers GDT
Wait, does she mean “if the game is close”… I don’t think you have to worry about that 🤣
-
Les Waseau @ Bombers GDT
@DTonOB made a good point in the post-game show about how some QBs would have been mentally ruined after throwing 2 pick-sixes in one half... Zach just brushed it off and kept doing his thing and lit up the second half
-
3 stars plus hh a tale of two Zachs
1 - Jeffcoat: if he's not the best pure DE in the league... I don't know who is 2 - Brady: Zach started out slow and eventually turned it around... Brady kept the offense going in his absence 3 - Rose: I thought he was really noticeable, in a good way, last night... obviously the pick helped... we haven't heard much from Rose since his return from injury... and that's usually a good thing for a DB HH - Jake Thomas : people are starting to sour on his but he was solid last night and recorded another sack... that said, Lawson was also really good and should probably be getting more snaps.
-
Les Waseau @ Bombers GDT
Yeah but have you heard about Mathieu Betts' first five games this season!!!
-
Les Waseau @ Bombers GDT
More accurately... he ripped off Bighill's helmet... swung it at Bighill's helmet-less head... and somehow was allowed to stay in the game
-
FajOuettes @ Bombers: Week Of Thread
The confusing part is our defense was the best when we had a heavy DL rotation... 2019 and 2021... 2022 the D started to taper off when we got thin on DL
-
CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
Edmonton is definitely the first place that came to mind... If they do the smart thing and lose Jones... Goveia would be a smart replacement... maybe he takes Buck as his HC... and Buck takes Brown to be his QB... Don't know anything about the current President Edm has hired... but if they look at our structure and see a strong President/GM/HC relationship... having a GM and HC with a preexisting relationship would be a good start
-
Orange Team I'd like to see lose this week against Green Team I'd like to see lose Game Thread
I was talking about the Riders... officially they have to win 4 games to eliminate Edmonton and 6 games (or 5 if they win the tie-break) to eliminate Calgary... but 3 more wins would probably be enough
-
Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
funny thing is I actually get more stressed watching games now... because now I expect them to win... when the team was bad (especially the really, really bad years) you'd just hope for the best but expect a loss... It also helps my stress levels when I am watching the game live with 30,000 of my closest friends and family
-
CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
would they not extend Walters through 2026?... I thought they normally had Walters one year ahead of O'Shea at all times...
-
Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
I do all the time!... oh wait, you meant "here" as in "on the team"...
-
Orange Team I'd like to see lose this week against Green Team I'd like to see lose Game Thread
the way Calgary is playing... 2 or 3 more wins might be enough to clinch
-
Castillo vs Liegghio
Disagree… remember late last season in a meaningless game when the team tried to get Mike Miller a goal line TD… I think he got stuffed 3 times the first goal line attempt and then finally got it in two tries in the second time around… there is definitely a skill to it
-
Week 11 - Blue Bombers (7-2) @ stumps(3-6) - GDT
I actually really like this idea… if the bombers had a dedicated QB development position where I player gets league minimum instead of PR salary… we’d probably still have Prigrome on our team
-
Elks at Tigercats
Also keeping in mind this team was built to go on a run… THIS year…
-
CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
I love this… I hope everyone discounts the bombers… that’s when they’re at their best… if we have a game to play come awards time, I hope a few players get snubbed too…
-
Elks at Tigercats
I mostly agree with you but you’re missing an extremely important point… bombers didn’t just say “no thanks” to Castillo after the ‘21 season… Edm offered him a boatload of money and it was completely understandable he would take it and we wouldn’t match… that said, a bunch of American kickers in ‘22 camp probably would’ve been a good idea
-
Stamps at Lions
Keep in mind the plays you’re referencing when the bombers celebrate… interception, first down, touchdown, sack… those are significant plays worth celebrating… what some are saying is it’s lame seeing a celebration after a routine play like a pass break up or 7 yard gain
-
Bombers @ Stamps : Week of Aug 18 Thread
Worst part was their “explanation” was… we reviewed it and decided we were right, end of story
-
Stamps at Lions
He’s probably got Ottawa pencilled into third in the east… which I’d agree with
-
3 stars plus hh down town Dru brown
Obviously your comment is tongue in cheek… but there is one major difference… the BC player still had the ball in his hand, thus making him eligible to be hit… still kid of amazed it wasn’t called on Collaros
-
Bombers @ Stamps : Week of Aug 18 Thread
Buy the $27 seats… sit in the $65 section… I’m sure there won’t be too much competition for those seats