Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bearpants

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bearpants

  1. I haven't watched a lot of non-bomber games this year but am I ever glad a caught most this one!
  2. That's pretty much what I would say. He had a couple of stops here with us. He is a big man that's for sure. He didn't look out of place out there but for whatever reason never locked up a job. Being non-import likely was the biggest thing going against him IMO. Had he been a national likely would have had a lot more playing time. I'll be interested to see how he does for you guys. He may be able to help out while you battle through injuries and be a serviceable backup later. Also being American, he likely comes at a salary cap friendly price. I assume he backed up Fulton last year?... Fulton - Labatte - Picard - Best - Heenan... pretty tough to crack that lineup, especially as an Int... PS still laughing about "that's high praise"
  3. I would give this 1000 likes if I could.... Completely off-topic (obviously) but Andy Samberg's impression of Nick Cage is probably the best thing to come out of SNL over the past 10-15 years!
  4. #HotForTeacher
  5. The Unstoppable Force vs the Immovable Object??
  6. I've personally always hated championships as being THE factor in judging a QB... a championship is the ultimate team accomplishment, especially in football... to downgrade guys like Jim Kelly and Dan Marino because they didn't play on teams as good as the 70s steelers and the 80s 49ers is insanity... yeah it matters, but it shouldn't be the be all end all... I voted for Ploen... mostly based on reputation... since Khari is the only one I ever saw play live...
  7. IIRC Goossen played all five positions at some point in time at SFU.... if Morley can play a few more years at centre and Goossen can play RG... that solidifies the interior line for the foreseeable future.... January - Greaves - Morley - Goossen - new Imp tackle/Neufeld/Jones?
  8. I wouldn't mind see Pointbriand getting more involved in the offence... watching him steam-roll T-Brack a few weeks ago was a thing of beauty... but I'm thinking more like 5 plays a game and the occasional short yardage hand-off
  9. Isn't Manitoba an agriculture province? It very much is... I know quite a few farmers and actually know some people who will become 3rd and 4th generation farmers (for some reason)... I guess the irony makes it funny, at least it does to me!
  10. This is fantastic... mbrg, you rarely disappoint
  11. Hey sucka! Always lovely to see the gutless trolls show up and try to cause a ruckus.Sunseri? He's got to get rid of the frickin ball. Standing around like a statue made the O-line look worse then it was. The TiCat interior defensive line is a beautiful thing (and Nationals too). Offence and special teams were weak sauce. Defence? They had good coverage but Collaros was squeezing the ball into tight coverage all day with a quick release and good scrambling. This is the Collaros the TiCats wanted to see. It's going to be tough without DD but there was plenty of blame to go around. Peace and enjoy the bye week. It'll give you guys a chance to heal up. Also, note that I wasn't on here acting like a jack ass after the Lion/Bomber game. PS Bombers suck I don't normally like to get in on this bit of fun but take a look at the two things I bolded... if you can't see the obvious hypocrisy in your own post... well then there's not much else to say...
  12. clearly not enough people here have experienced Regina...
  13. my first thought is who actually voted yes.... hahaha, then I realized of course the Rider fans would want Elliot to play! I'm sure that 52-0 beauty he produced is still fresh in their minds.... anyways... I can't imagine a scenario (short of injury) that Burris doesn't start for them this season... besides, he just moved into his house in Ottawa so there's no turning back now RB fans.... speaking of which, we could use a token redblack fan on here...
  14. I would say definitely not.... if it was any other injury than throwing shoulder I don't see it being an issue.... last thing we want is a Lulay situation where his career might be in jeopardy... Willy is the QB of the present, but more importantly the future too... Willy hasn't been close to 100% for weeks. Banged his throwing hand on a helmet at least twice during games and once in a practice, and then the ankle/leg thing vs Riders, and then now the shoulder. Point is, it has nothing to do with being 100%...it's "Can Willy go out there and help the team win, or is he going to be a detriment?" I agree with you and I should clarify.... I don't think he should play if his SHOULDER is not 100% (or at least close)... It's probably the most crucial area for a QB... there's no such ting as a pro football player that's 100% healthy after 12 games....
  15. So speaking of free agents... specifically long snappers and d-linemen... anyone know what's up with Chad Rempel and Alex Hall...
  16. I guess the blessing for him, if he doesn't get another NFL shot, is at least he has a decent back-up plan where he can continue to play football at a high level while earning a comfortable wage... rather than start his post-football career at 25....
  17. I would say definitely not.... if it was any other injury than throwing shoulder I don't see it being an issue.... last thing we want is a Lulay situation where his career might be in jeopardy... Willy is the QB of the present, but more importantly the future too...
  18. This kinda seems like an unnecessary attack post.... but anyways I agree with mfranc... week to week is better than out for the year or whatever else it could be.... even if he has to miss the Hamilton game, hopefully a solid 3 weeks of rehab will have him ready by the ottawa game...
  19. Agreed. Our complaining is what raised his game. He actually came over to my house with some freshly baked muffins and apologized to me for not playing the way I wanted him to. What did he bring you? Aw you got muffins!?! I just got a card in the mail with an autographed head shot...
  20. Don't even start this.... I'd be surprised if there's a harder working GM in the league right now...
  21. Woldu deserved the fine. The official was positioned correctly and Woldu could have avoided him. Please. That is the very definition of a stretch. It wasn't like he steam-rolled the ref. He basically brushed into him. Haha actually maybe you should watch the replay again... I don't think he deserved a fine, but he absolutely steam-rolled the ref... I was ok with Morley getting ejected in that game... I don't actually know what happened but he's not the kind of guy to just lose it for no reason... I assume he was sticking up for a teammate, which I'm ok with... the o-linemen gotta be the enforcers...
  22. Nic Lewis.Nik Lewis is a shadow of what he once was and is probably the fifth or sixth best receiver on Calgary. Not the same situation at all. Not to mention he looks like he's pushing 300 these days (before anyone takes this literally I should point out I'm clearly exaggerating)... they could probably like him up at left tackle... be the secret WR on goal line plays
  23. Wicek is digging deep right now.... maybe a good sign that things aren't as bad as they'd like on the field!
  24. This hurts... a lot... I've said it before, I think Zach is our best D-lineman... All the best to him in his recovery...
  25. I know he's still a couple years away but I'm interested to see what this kid can do over the next couple CIS seasons... http://mytoba.ca/sports/bison-defender-david-onyemata-may-be-the-next-big-thing/

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.