Everything posted by Blueandgold
-
If you could only break the bank on one player....
Eric Rogers.
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
Maurice Price is an injury riddled clown with a bad attitude and hands. I'm hardly worried about Ryan Smith being anything like him. Smith's career trajectory is going upwards while Dressler's is stagnant at best and most likely going downwards in a year or two. Oh, there's also the fact that Ryan Smith had more yards than Dressler this year playing on the exact same thing. I don't have any reason to believe that Smith isn't the real deal, and quite frankly although he's still a good player Dressler hasn't looked like quite the same player since he's come back from the NFL.
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
Smith is almost just as good as Dressler is right now, will be cheaper to sign and has the ability to be better than Dressler ever was.
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
Are we in a position where we need the ''safe bet''? I'll take my chances with the younger more explosive player who has a chance to be an elite player.
-
Buff or Trouba
Trouba without question, trade Buff and Ladd now.
-
2016 FREE AGENTS
It's probably not realistic, but imagine a receiving core of Carter, Dressler/Smith and Denmark with Andrew Harris at RB? Man that would be awesome.
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
I'd prefer to sign Ryan Smith over Weston Dressler.
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
There's no reason we can't make the playoffs this year if we can keep Willy upright. BC & Saskatchewan are both in shambles without a QB I trust.
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
185K? I'd be willing to spend 225K on Carter without thinking twice.
-
2016 FREE AGENTS
I'l take Carter or Rogers...I'm not picky, I'd be equally as pleased with either one :).
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
He's an absolute stud. Him and Rogers would be neck in neck for the best receiver in the CFL. I would pay big bucks for either one of them.
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
Price sucks and makes too much money. There was a good reason he was the only RedBlacks receiver to be held under 1000 yards. The Riders can keep him.
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
Agreed and Walters has proven that he can't scout a receiver. Having two small guys like Smith & Denmark as our two best receivers wouldn't be ideal either.
-
NI talent?
Not at all. I compared him to Shomari Williams for a variety of reasons. Starting with the fact that Atomic brought up his ''NCAA trained pedigree'' which doesn't mean a thing. Both are tweeners, and there's valid questions about what position hes best suited for. He was drafted because the Bombers were going ''all in'' to make the Playoffs and compete for the Grey Cup this year, a completely shortsighted move. We were out of the playoff hunt and our first round draft pick still couldn't get on the field. That should say a lot to you about how far along he is. Hey he might end up being better than Addison Richards at least. I'll be happy to bring this thread back up if it turns out I'm wrong and give Waggoner his due. But a few posters here should be ready to take off the blue & gold glasses and take objective opinions. Which is quite funny considering I was the one told to go back to Rider fans. Aren't they the ones who vastly overrate their players with a GM who can do no wrong?
-
NI talent?
Have the Bombers ever made a move that you didn't think was a good one? I'm not kidding either, between this site and ourbombers I don't think I've ever seen you not take the homer point of view.
- NFL Playoff Disscusion
-
NI talent?
Yeah I have an opinion on a player. Isn't that the point of this site? Or are you going to keep making stupid smart ass comments?
-
NI talent?
Makes plenty of sense. Waggoner is Williams 2.0 and won't be any more successful for us than Kito Poblah was.
-
NI talent?
To answer your question, no I wouldn't draft Shomari Williams.
-
NI talent?
Can we trade Waggoner for the first overall pick?
-
Fun Thread: Rank the QBs
1. Collaros 2. Burris 3. BLM 4. Reilly 5. Harris 6. Willy 7. Durant 8. Jennings 9. Ray 10. Lulay 11. Cato 12. Franklin 13. Nichols 14. Glenn 15. Crompton...?
-
Nichols signs 1 year deal with Bombers
I'm not a huge Nichols fan but this is still a good signing. There isn't a better option available to back up Willy.
-
2016 FREE AGENTS
I expected Peach to be cut after the 2013 season. The fact that he lasted two full seasons after that and is still on the roster tells me all I need to know about the current regime.
-
Star Wars: Spoiler Thread Discussion
If we're all sure that she's a Skywalker, the real question has to be is she Luke's or Leia's?
-
10 Bold Predictions for 2016
They were lucky to keep their jobs after this year in my opinion. Keeping either one of them around after three sub .500 seasons is a complete non starter to me.