Everything posted by Blueandgold
-
Free Agency 2016...
I would be thrilled with Harris/Smith/Medlock and one of Laurent/Laing/Capicotti.
-
Free Agency 2016...
Does Ottawa keep Burris at 475K with Harris in the fold?
-
Free Agency 2016...
Trevor Harris to Ottawa? Holy ****. I'm surprised it isn't Montreal.
-
Free Agency 2016...
I'm so torn on Ryan Smith. I like him a lot but Smith/Dressler/Denmark terrifies me.
-
Free Agency 2016...
Welcome home Harris! I just hope we didn't overpay him too much.
-
Free Agency 2016...
Any word on the teams in on Harris? I would suspect that Toronto, Montreal, Saskatchewan and maybe Ottawa would show interest.
-
Free Agency 2016...
We should've cut Adams and signed Chiles.
-
Free Agency 2016...
Laurent is worth 250K easily, and I would probably go up to 275K for him. He might be the best DT in the league and he's Canadian.
-
Free Agency 2016...
I'd be thrilled with any of Laurent, Laing or Capicotti.
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
Exactly, I would be shocked if the Andrew Harris signing isn't announced soon after midnight(just long enough to avoid a tampering fine like Edmonton).
-
Bombers Sign Macho Harris and DL Sheyon Green
Macho Harris is an awful signing, and knowing O'Shea I bet he makes the team.
-
What happens with this guy?
Teams were hitting the two point conversation at more than 50 percent last year. Unless you hit your one point convert at 100%, which we were very very far from doing, i don't see any reason why you shouldn't go for two basically all of the time. O'Shea sending Lirim out there to miss converts after touchdowns was a momentum killer and also cost us points.
-
Dressler Signs with Bombers
I'm not sure I understand all the Fuller love. He was injured for quite a bit of last season, and not all that productive when he was on the field. He was the third or fourth option at best in the Calgary offense. I'd rather keep Nick Moore if we had to pick between the two. Stafford I would take on a decent deal, he's a good but not great receiver with size. It would be nice to find someone to replace Darvin Adams on the outside though.
-
Dressler Signs with Bombers
Having Dressler is a big improvement over Nick Moore, if for no other reason than he can stay on the field. Now, as big of a fan as I am of Ryan Smith I don't think I like the idea of him and Dressler playing together, but It's looking like something we should be getting used to. If we keep Denmark around we're going to have one tiny receiving core.
-
Bombers "close to" deal with Dressler
We don't have a legit shot at Carter or Laurent, and I would disagree with Harris being a bigger signing than Dressler. Dressler is highest profile FA available to us.
-
Is the theory recruiting receiving should be ''easy'' a myth?
Man I couldn't stand watching that guy. He either dropped the ball or fell down early to avoid being hit, and Kelly tried to make him a feature player in our O. Horrible times.
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
So who do the Bombers target? We need more than just Dressler, and although I like Ryan Smith a lot, there just isn't enough size with a trio of those two and Denmark.
-
Bombers "close to" deal with Dressler
I can't imagine he gets any less than the 185K we were paying Nick Moore. 200K sounds about right.
-
Bombers "close to" deal with Dressler
Does that quote make anyone else think Dressler is using the Bombers offer as leverage for more money from a team like Calgary?
-
Is the theory recruiting receiving should be ''easy'' a myth?
Carr and TJH were flash in the pans. While Taman found those three players in just under 10 years, including going from 2001-2008 without bringing in one decent receiver.
-
Is the theory recruiting receiving should be ''easy'' a myth?
Have you forgotten how desperate we were to find a decent receiver to play next to Milt so he wasn't triple covered? We literally tried making Chris Brazzell and Kamu Incompleterson our number two guys.
-
Bombers "close to" deal with Dressler
One of those players was broken down at 30 years old and the other one is the best receiver in CFL history.
-
Is the theory recruiting receiving should be ''easy'' a myth?
I'm starting to wonder if this whole ''recruiting receivers is easy'' is just a myth? Seriously, since Taman brought in Bruce & Simon over 15 years ago what home grown talent have the Bombers brought in? That's with Richie/Taman/Kelly/Mack/Walters, so we can't just point the finger at one regime. We had Denmark, but who else? We had absolutely no one besides Milt Stegall from 2004-2007 until we picked up Terrance Edwards off the scrap heap from Montreal (so that's the second recruit) and signed Derrick Armstrong. I literally can't think of any other decent receiver we've recruited since then aside from Denmark & Edwards. Does anyone else have ANYONE whatsoever? I guess Romby Bryant would be another, even though I'll never condone the piss poor effort he displayed in 2009. Then you look at a team like Ottawa who made the Grey Cup this year, yes they were an expansion team in their second year, but they also had four highly paid 1000 yard receivers and 5th highly paid scrub. Toronto was able to bring in Gurley and Hazelton this year, but aside from that teams around the league seem to be struggling to bring in impact receivers. The problem we face here is identical to the one in Saskatchewan, BC and Montreal.
-
If you could only break the bank on one player....
Justin Capicciotti would be another nice Canadian player who's not often mentioned here.
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
It's same in the sense that the Bombers brass preferred Burris to Willy and now Dressler to Smith but I won't beat that dead horse.