Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blueandgold

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Blueandgold

  1. I'm terrified of this being a trap game. Bombers will have to be at their best to pull this one out.
  2. The best part is, all the Jone defenders criticized the 2015 Riders to no end. Insulting Glenn relentlessly and saying it wasn't worth it to lose with a QB like that. Now, two years later they're starting an even WORSE version of the same Glenn and have a roster that's very bare bones much like 2015. The meltdown on that board when Jones gets fired after this year is going to be priceless.
  3. I didn't think it was that bad of a game actually, not great football, but entertaining for what it is. Argos should've started Fajardo to begin with. He may not be able to throw, but he can at least run. That's more than I can say about Jeff Matthews.
  4. Keeping the Bombers in the East would've definitely been the better option.
  5. Montreal has sparse crowds themselves and Ottawa has bailed on the CFL twice. The risk is too great for the CFL to go that route.
  6. He's had some big games, there's no doubt about it. The comeback against Montreal was a thing of beauty. But, we've also had the second half against Calgary and the fourth Quarter against BC when he was downright awful. He's slightly above the Darian Durant, Trevor Harris and Zach Collaros level IMO, but he's also slightly below the Mike Reilly & BLM(although he hasn't been overly impressive this year) level.
  7. Let's not forget that Johnson has been everyone's favorite whipping boy the last few years, myself included. Even saying that, I would've preferred to keep him around. I don't want to be in a situation where we're starting the Roc at halfback again.
  8. The apathy toward the CFL in Eastern Canada will be stronger than ever I fear if they decide to go that route. From a football standpoint it makes perfect sense.
  9. Sure it did, but the Argos couldn't have been naive enough to believe Ricky Ray would stay healthy in the long term. If any team needs a decent back up, it's Toronto.
  10. Instead they're starting the QB that allowed Edmonton to Hamilton with Mike Reilly throwing for 30 yards a few years back. I think the Argos would kill for Drew Willy or Dan LeFevour right now.
  11. That penalty on the McDuffie return is everything that frustrates me about the CFL. Thank god the challenge system has really improved since they moved to limit the amount of challenges per game. Now it's actually getting used the way it was intended too.
  12. Man, that was a brutal pick.
  13. Relying on Ray was fool's gold. You have to think the Argos make a trade for someone. Lulay/Jennings, Franklin, Vernon Adams and Collaros/Masoli could all be on the table.
  14. This game is also a good opportunity for Nichols to quiet the naysayers who refer to him as a "game manager" and "caretaker". When Nichols took over last year, we had Denmark and a bunch of scrubs out there and we were still winning game after game. It's nice to know that we can still win despite major injuries. If he goes out there and gets us a another win without Dress, there won't be much anyone can say to discount him anymore.
  15. That receiving core sans Dressler isn't intimidating whatsoever. This might be the game to try Harris & Flanders together.
  16. This is fantastic news.
  17. I thought Bailey was half decent? I'm surprised we didn't give him a crack.
  18. He didn't play particularly well last year either. I don't see how they don't give Masoli a shot at this point.
  19. I don't need much motivation to rip on a knob like Carter.
  20. He's someone who would be great to have on the current roster.
  21. Fred Reid & Joe Smith did make for quite the duo that one year we had them both together.
  22. I think Edmonton probably wins that game regardless, but how they overturned that 3 and 14 play call was beyond baffling. I almost turned off my TV when that happened. If a die hard CFL fan like myself reacts like that, I can hardly imagine what a casual fan would think.
  23. I still remember Chip Cox in either his first or second year, literally picking up Charles Roberts and hitting him with a suplex.
  24. I thought it was because they just plugged him into Dresslers spot. Meaning, that all the plays and touches normally designed for Dress just went to Lankford instead.
  25. His punting was horrid against BC, and mediocre against Toronto. But, last night he was phoenominal in that regard.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.