Everything posted by Blueandgold
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
Call me crazy, but I believe the Bombers would be a better team if we started Flanders at RB and Harris at receiver. It might help Harris play longer as well. Our receivers outside of Dressler & Adams have really underwhelmed thus far.
-
3 stars + HH BC edition.
O'Shea absolutely GRILLED Jones on the sidelines after that play and not Medlock. Sitting right behind the Bomber bench, it seemed to me like it was called. Was anything more ever said about that play?
-
Looking Ahead: Winnipeg Vs BC
I'm here in BC live for this, it would be great to see us go out there and steal a game on the road.
-
Looking Ahead: Winnipeg Vs BC
We have to keep in Mind that the Ticats are currently the worst team in the league. Even the Riders managed to defeat them.
-
Looking Ahead: Winnipeg Vs BC
Looks like the injury bug is starting to get us. Quite a few injuries on the Defense. Is Washington hurt at receiver or did they just elect to give Thorpe a look?
-
Stamps @ Bombers: Game Day Thread
The Roc and Hurl can hit the bench immediately. Our O-Line has also been dissapointing, Nichols has taken some huge unsuspecting shots. We need to rebound in a big way next week.
-
3 stars and HH week 2
No stars tonight. Disappointing game.
-
Stamps @ Bombers: Game Day Thread
We have to hope that Nichols performance last year wasn't an aberration. Yes it's just one game, but it was the home opener and a game he needed to play well in. Instead, we got what was likely his worst game as a Bomber. If Nichols continues to struggle, a move for Franklin may be a necessity.
- BC LIONS @ MONTREAL
-
Reassessing Chris Jones' Riders
They look like the 2015 Riders all over again. Anyways, who cares about the Riders? They're a crappy bottom feeding team with Mike Kelly 2.0 as their head coach, the worst starting QB in the league and poor NI talent. We give way too much attention here.
-
I like Matt Nichols
This is the same coach who sent Medlock out for a 57 yard field goal instead of going for it on 3rd and 5. In my opinion, he was compensating for one bad decision by making another (not nearly) as bad decision. Just for the record, through the first half of last year, Justin Medlock was 17/17 from 0-39 yards last season and a perfect 18/18 on converts. Even if you add in the 40-49 range, he was 9-11. That's clutch. I'll maintain the position that's more likely that Harris fumbles(or there's just a bad snap or a holding penalty or something) OR Medlock misses from 32 yards out than Medlock straight missing from 42.
-
I like Matt Nichols
Sure, and I'm betting on Medlock hitting what's a chip shot field goal to him, over the chance of Harris not fumbling and the chance of Medlock missing a shorter chip shot field. 42 to 32 yards is a negibile difference for a kicker like Medlock.
-
I like Matt Nichols
*Thinks back to the game against BC at IGF*
-
3 stars + HH first game
For all the talk about the great Rider receiving core, the best receiver on the field was still Weston Dressler. Also, why did we start the Roc over Fogg? It would've been nice to have at least one vet DB on that side of the field.
-
3 stars + HH first game
Well that kind of takes away the entire defends of the one Hurl fan.. He played good, but I'm still more than skeptical about him being a viable option for the duration of the season.
-
Why don't we use Weston Dressler as a rturner?
I wasn't a huge Mcduffie fan, but I'd take him back in a heartbeat right now.
-
Lock of the Week 2
Andrew Harris.
-
Bombers select REC Drew Wolitarsky in supplemental draft
Now this is worth the risk. It's nice that we didn't use a first for a change.
-
SASKATCHEWAN @ MONTREAL
The Riders doing horrible, especially clowns like Carter, should be preferred before all else.
-
SASKATCHEWAN @ MONTREAL
Neither one of those teams looked very good. I venture these will be the two worst teams in the league this year.
- Lock of the Week
-
Around the League - Training Camp Discussion
It's a huge position of need. It can't hurt whatsoever to do our due diligence on this guy.
-
Second Round Final Cuts
That's a good question, I'd think you would pick one that isn't.
-
Around the League - Training Camp Discussion
Willy would be the best QB on the Riders.
-
First round of final cuts
I really wish we would've signed a decent MLB. I thought we had moved past the days of starting guys like Hurl and Kuale.