Everything posted by Blueandgold
-
Bored......
Listening to the Rider fans babble on about how Chris Jones has a secret plan while proclaiming that Jake Waters is a " viable option" as a starting QB is all the entertainment I need.
-
Bombers Off-Season Transactions
I hope we got Stafford for pennies on the dollar.
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
I don't see Edmonton giving up Franklin, and I believe that Mike Reilly will be the one traded once the 2017 season concludes.
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
Jones and the Riders are a complete and utter disaster. This couldn't have happened to a better fanbase.
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
I'm not sure this is a huge loss for BC, great punter but he can't kick field goals.
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
I'll let Bass walk for 180K.
-
Walters' Priorities
It's a buyers market this year, I'm not overly concerned about getting him under contract.
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
2009 Bowman probably left another 900 yards on the field. I think we also benched him for a couple of games IIRC.
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
Everyone has a different definition, but I'd say guys who weren't established before we signed them. I guess I forgot about Romby Bryant in 2008 as well. Bowman couldn't catch a cold here and wasn't recruited by us regardless.
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
Why does everyone keep saying this? The last two decent receivers we found were Clarence Denmark in 2011 and Chris Matthew in 2012. In fact, you could make an argument that those two, along with Terrance Edwards(I know he came from Montreal)are the only three decent import receivers we've actually recruited in almost 15 years.
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
I would've agreed with this prior to this year, but we got some quality players this year. It would still be nice if Walters could recruit a half decent receiver though.
-
Maximum Value for our 1st & 5th picks
Richards and Waggoner were both brutal picks without the benefit of hindsight. Richards doesn't even belong in the CFL; Jade Etienne was a better pick than him.
-
3-Year Contract Extensions For Walters and OShea
Let's just hope that this year wasn't an aberration. He had a very good year, but I'm nervous about banking on Matt Nichols.
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
This would increase the need to re-sign Ian Wild though. Which might be a big deal if we're thinking he needs to be a cap casualty.
-
Maximum Value for our 1st & 5th picks
Yup, Kohlert was bad this year and we certainty can't roll into 2017 with JFG as our lone Canadian receiver.
-
Quarterback Quest
When's the last at time we recruited a decent receiver?
-
State of the League Address
There's no link between concussions and CTE lol what a joke... the NFL has already admitted that there is in court.
-
First post 'expectations in '17'
Bombers had a good team, but still weren't very good at home. I think our Stadium being too big hurts as well... 29,000 was a good capacity. It's pretty hard to sell out or create ''urgency'' in a stadium that seats 33,000.
-
Trade Barker & Milanovich for O'Shea & Walters?
Trevor Harris.
-
Around The League Playoff Discussion
I'd take a run at Alex Bazzie if we have the money.
-
Trade Barker & Milanovich for O'Shea & Walters?
I'd never make the trade, but this might be the only argument that supports it. The Argos being superior any year between 2013-2015 is a fairly damning comparison.
-
Kyle Walters Press Conf.
It was fairly obvious. He refused to specifically endorse that decision. Did you think that he was going to flat out say '' it was a horrible choice''?
-
Kyle Walters Press Conf.
You could tell that Walters, like many posters here, thought that field goal try was absolutely asinine.
-
Bombers at Lions WSF GDT
I brought it up earlier and I'll say it again, even if we make that kick, I wouldn't bet against BC making it into field goal range with 30 seconds or so to play with.
-
MOS Bringing the gang all back
Let's keep things in perspective here, we were 11-7 and had a good team. We also need a stud at DE. Thankfully, the guys we put out at the other spot were a hell of a lot better than Greg Peach, but they were all average at best. Westerman also wasn't nearly as good as he was in 2015.