Everything posted by BBlink
-
CFL Supplemental Draft
So he should be good to start at least 4 games this year... Garrett Waggoner's mini hamburgers.
-
CFL Supplemental Draft
I think we only start one canadian receiver at the start of the year.
-
CFL Supplemental Draft
Didn't tackle Lumsden that one time!
-
Bombers sign Internationl LB Denicos Allen
I like how this thread is going
-
Bombers sign Internationl LB Denicos Allen
Gotta wait for the big guns to shake loose.
-
Chris Greaves on the Move?
In this scenario we would be giving Sask their future NI receiver and an NI offensive lineman in his prime for our future NI receiver and a big fat question mark for next draft. I would hope that we'd get more back in return if we made a trade like this. I don't think this quite makes sense from our side.
-
Chris Greaves on the Move?
Would be a risky trade. If we are trading a bonafide Canadian starter, I would hope we'd get a bonafide Canadian starter back in the deal. This also hinges on whether Kyle Walters is confident that Chungh and Goosen are the real deal.
-
CFL Supplemental Draft
2nd to the last I believe. So we can outbid the other teams except Ottawa. Someone said we should be interested in Waggoner. He play S/DB but his size is prototypical CFL MLB. - 5.11 230ish. Yep so even if we bid a 1st rounder there's no guarantee.
-
CFL Supplemental Draft
Interesting... We're second at the table this year...anybody of interest?
-
How happy are you with Walters' Draft work?
"Richards over Waud is baffling" ... its about where help is needed most We don't need help on DL? I know we're all excited about Westerman but he's got only two or three years left really We have way more flexibility for NI on defence. At this point we could put one at DE DT, two linebacker spots, wide side corner and safety. And we only need 2 of those at any given time, and we have a lot of pieces to do that. I can see why it is more important to bolster our NI receiving content as we are not very deep there.
-
Who is your surprise training camp cut?
We started a NI at DB last year too; Matt Bucknor. With more NI DBs on the roster they could choose to use a DI at a different spot. If an American DB goes down they could put Sherman, Newman or Morgan at safety and move Leggett into that spot
-
Who is your surprise training camp cut?
It's starting to look more and more like we could see a "surprise" cut at DB. Looks like we're going to run at least one NI there. It'll be a numbers game. I feel like some guys who could be a surprise cut could end up being a surprise trade because of guys stepping up and making someone expendable
-
Draft Day Thread - - It's here, its now
Great Mike thread. SUBSCRIBE
-
Bombers sign LB Sammy Brown
Remember some hard hitting videos but I not the degree
-
Bombers sign LB Sammy Brown
I was around here during the Slay hype off season. That wasn't long ago. I just have a crappy memory lol
-
Bombers sign LB Sammy Brown
Or do you mean you just don't want to get on the hype train?
-
Bombers sign LB Sammy Brown
Was their anything impressive stats/pedigree about Slay or was he just impressive looking? I'm seeing a lot of comparisons being made without much justification lately. Not saying this is one but..
-
Draft Day Thread - - It's here, its now
Really, REALLY pumped about Chungh.
-
Draft Day Thread - - It's here, its now
And I really think they wanted Richards a lot more than they wanted Durant.
-
Draft Day Thread - - It's here, its now
Impossible to say. I'm not happy about the Morgan pick either because that's not who I wanted to see, but we can't say "so and so would've been available" - it's pretty obvious that draft boards don't play out anywhere near what the media and fans expect. So while I'm not thrilled with the pick, it can't be called a waste at this point. Agreed it's impossible to say, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't think we got the expected value out of that pick that I was hoping for, especially considering how much Walters was pumping how great this draft was. After sleeping on it though, I think Walters had a solid draft, but he didn't hit a home-run like I was hoping for. A home-run for me would have been Chungh, Demski and Shortill. That would have been an A+ in my books. Instead, I give Walters a B. I'm thinking they really wanted Shortill but really NEEDED a receiver and really liked Addison Richards. By the time their next pick came around, on Kyle Walter's board I see Shortill's name crossed off and Morgan's name right under it.
-
#AskOShea
The only interesting thing (I thought) was that they want to continue with Lirim handling all kicking duties and have a backup kicker. **emergency Right, emergency would be the correct word.
-
#AskOShea
The only interesting thing (I thought) was that they want to continue with Lirim handling all kicking duties and have a backup kicker.
-
Bombers add Jordan Reaves to neg list
This guy! Good memory.
-
Bombers add Jordan Reaves to neg list
Kamau Peterson? No not Kamau Peterson...he was Canadian and I believe played a lot of football before he got to the CFL. This guy was a track star of some kind and we brought him in to see if he could catch the football too. Didn't make it out of TC.
-
Bombers add Jordan Reaves to neg list
Kind of reminds me of that super speedy american receiver we signed for TC that one time (believe it was Taman). He also hadn't played much of any football. Can't remember his name though. He couldn't catch the ball, at all. Hopefully this is a different story.