Everything posted by Mark H.
-
Hamilton's New Home "tim Hortons Field"
Yep, with one of their apple pies, works every time.
-
Company Scams
Has anyone else had any similar experience? Any advice? This is pretty much ruining my summer.
-
Company Scams
Last fall, I received a call from a company called Kleritec. They were selling anti-microbial skin wipes; if I wasn't satisfied I could return them. Also, a bottle of blood stain remover would be free. All good stuff to have in the Gym, so I gave them our school's mailing address...that's when the headaches started! They sent 4 boxes of wipes, 100 per box, and an invoice for $246! The same stuff and similar products is selling on EBAY for less than $20 a box, with free shipping. So I called them up and said I wanted a shipping tag to return the product. We can't possibly spend that kind of money on skin wipes. They said the shipping would cost $34. If I bought one box for $46 they would donate the other three to school. I ageed, they sent an invoice and started calling me, asking for payment via credit card. No bloody way were they getting a credit card number from me...I paid the bill via money order. All done, right? NOPE. At the end of June I got another call from them. There were two bottles of disinfectant spray that were missing my previous order, which were also supposed to be 'free.' They would send an invoice, but that would be to make up the difference on the skin wipes. Wait a minute...didn't we agree to $46? Wasn't I already invoiced for that amount? And I never ordered any disinfectant spray. "Oh no, there's been a misunderstanding, they can't possibly sell me 4 boxes of skin wipes for $46." Oh no? But you did, and I paid. I made it clear that I DID NOT want the spray, that I would send it back if they sent it to the school. "Why would you do that? It's free...give it to your athletes." So...I received two bottles of disinfectant spray invoice for $181. Yup, they used the 'free' disinfectant spray to indirectly bill me for the skin wipes. So, today I blew 20 bucks and sent the disinfectant and the blood stain remover back to them via UPS. I sent them a complaint e-mail (enough crap over the phone where nothing is on record) I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, they said their Los Angeles branch would process the claim and I would hear from them. I have no idea what's going to happen next...
- Gdt: Saskatchewan Roughriders @ Toronto Argonauts 11/07
-
Who Has The Best Offensive Line?
Interesting quote from Doug Brown: "All game long the Bombers ran stunts to great effect against an immobile QB who was suddenly vulnerable due to the absence of a maximum-protection scheme and a Marc Trestman offence that used to emphasize getting the ball out of his hands as quickly as possible."
-
Game Day Thread
I thought cover teams were okay; guys were staying in their lanes and the Als didn't get too many big returns.
-
Who Has The Best Offensive Line?
He had to roll out due to pressure, that's not the issue. The issue is that he didn't hit him in stride, giving Tisdale a chance to catch up and make the tackle.
-
Who Has The Best Offensive Line?
I noticed that too, but also have to agree with JBR's assessment.
-
Bryant Turner Injury
Thing is though, neither Glenn nor Burris are easy to get to. Burris is well protected and he's still a decent scrambler.
-
Who Has The Best Offensive Line?
I have a agree...that's definitely a TD with a better throw from Pierce. Oh and...here's my spin...they chewed up more clock by not getting a TD right there...
-
Buck Pierce......should Goltz Start?
That shouldn't be hard to do...which begs the question...why aren't we seeing it yet? Is it reads by the QB? Weak links on the OL?
-
Game Day Thread
If they don't, he just might retire. He's 41 years old and might get killed out there if this keeps up...
- Defense!
-
Defense!
O moved the ball well at times...but then turned it over... The D...want can a guy say...they even got a sack off a 3 man rush...
-
Riders Release Greg Carr
He'd be better if he'd give up on the PI drama.
-
Who Has The Best Offensive Line?
Both...but if the QB has a deep read open...the OL has to give him the time. If they can't do that and other teams start seeing it on flim...you can probably guess what happens next...
-
Who Has The Best Offensive Line?
I think it's very average...but let's how they do tonight. Calvillo has probably 'demanded' some adjustments. Keep in mind, Trestman got a few more seasons out of him by keeping him well protected. If last week's showing continues, look out.
-
Who Has The Best Offensive Line?
Last on the coach's show...Tim Burke said Hamilton has the best offensive line in the CFL. It's a little early in the season to do a team by team ranking, but just off the top of your head, who do you guys think is the best? I've gotta put Calgary ahead of Hamilton for sure.
-
Bombers Vs Als: Post Game Thread
It never happened last year, so that's a million dollar question. Wonder is Pencer would make a decent guard...
-
Bombers Vs Als: Post Game Thread
That mindset amazes me; not wanting to give up two points but failing see that you'll probably give at least a field goal. Calvillo had been cashing in on short fields all night.
-
Bombers Vs Als: Post Game Thread
Buck needed to complete a few hot routes to them back off with the pressure. They weren't getting much with just their front four, but when they rushed 5 or 6. It's going to be a long season if the offense can't make that adjustment.
-
Bombers Vs Als: Post Game Thread
As soon as I noticed Buck rolling out on most plays, I started watching the inside blocking. Morley was getting beat far too often.
-
Bombers Vs Als: Post Game Thread
I thought the OL was okay. In fact, Calvillo took quite a few more hits than Pierce did.
-
Who Lives Just Outside Of Winnipeg?
I'm about half an hour north of the city on #8. We use BELL and only have trouble during heavy rains...have watched plenty of hockey during blizzards.
-
Nothing's Happening?
So...maybe you should've specified which ones you thought were viable options. Then people don't have to assume you want Tristan Black as a starting LB, for example.