Everything posted by voodoochylde
-
Lock of the Week
Cornish.
-
MorningBigBlue.com TSN Weekly Fantasy Contest
I'm in as well .. this looks like it's going to be a much better format than Fantaseh .. absolutely hated that website and product.
-
Ottawa @ Montreal
Smith is struggling .. Burris and the Ottawa offence are rolling.
-
Roster Cut Discussion
I'm honestly not expecting a non-import (with any significant upside) to shake loose .. I suspect we are going to roll with what we have ..
-
Roster Cut Discussion
The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have announced that the following players have been released: International quarterback Max Hall International receiver Mario Urrutia International receiver Mark Dell International receiver Jaymar Johnson International receiver Bert Reed International defensive back Stephon Morris International defensive back Michael Ray Garvin International defensive back Matt Pierce International defensive lineman Willie Moseley International offensive lineman Jesse Peterson National receiver Taylor Renaud Wasn't Dell the surprise release from Edmonton as well?
-
Roster Cut Discussion
Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 31s #Bombers announce 11 cuts, most notably QB Max Hall and WR Mario Urrutia.
-
Only 22,500 tickets sold for home opener
Just makes my drive to and from the stadium easier ..
-
Paris Cotton injury update
This team catches all the breaks ... sprains, tweaks, pops and pulls .. Geebus.
-
Practice Reports
I think the next cut down day is the 21st.
-
Pre season done .... thoughts
Makes sense in that Canadians weren't the only ones who could be classified as non-imports (see Cahoon, Ben). If anything, this national / international designation is more convoluted.
-
Bombers cut 4 players
Bombers cut Brett Maher
-
Pre season done .... thoughts
Totally agree. I hope people keep things in perspective as the season goes along. O'Shea and Walters have their hands full when it comes to righting the ship. It won't be done in a single season but I sincerely believe they have the right people in key positions to make a positive impact on this franchise.
-
Graig Newman out for the year with a broken ankle
Really tough for a guy who was playing hard and looking to make an impact for our team this season. Best wishes on a full and speedy recovery.
-
CFL cuts
But, outside his passport, does Messam bring more to the table than any of our current running backs? Change of pace to a guy like Cotton? Absolutely. Would he be the primary back in our offensive? Not likely. I agree that he wouldn't be the primary back, but what he brings is 6'3" 245 lbs with experience carrying the ball. Cotton is 5'9" Volny is 5'10" I wouldn't break the bank for Messam, but if they can make the numbers work, he's worth a look. That's the rub though .. you're probably going to have to pay a premium to bring Messam in .. (at least when compared to the guys currently on our roster - NI vet RB vs. Ford .. Grigsby .. Cotton) .. so the question then becomes .. is a NI battering ram worth the cost when.. realistically .. he's only going to play a handful of snaps .. or conversely .. because you shelled out money to acquire the "name" non-import .. are you going to want him to see the field more often than not .. does the drop off in production justify the price of admission? I'm not suggesting Messam would be ineffective or that it's not worth kicking the tires .. just tossing out things that go through my mind when I look at our roster and our offense.
-
CFL cuts
But, outside his passport, does Messam bring more to the table than any of our current running backs? Change of pace to a guy like Cotton? Absolutely. Would he be the primary back in our offensive? Not likely.
-
CFL cuts
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced a series of transactions this morning. The following players have been released: INT OL Justin Anderson INT WR Kelvin Bolden INT WR Brandon Collins INT DB Damien Jackson NAT DB Harold Mutobola INT DB Michael Ricks NAT WR Jahmeek Taylor The following players have been added to the six-game injured list: INT OL Marc Dile INT RB Lindsey Lamar The following players have been added to the suspended list: NAT K/P Brett Lauther
-
CFL cuts
The Calgary Stampeders have released the following players: Receiver Damian Ford (I) Receiver Aldarius Johnson (I) Linebacker Trent Mackey (I) Receiver Damon McDaniel (I) Defensive back Jeff Richards (I) Defensive lineman Monte Simmons (I) Defensive back Dee Webb (I)
-
Can we "Worman" Gary Ethchevery?
At 11 yards a clip .. Teams are going to run on us until we can stop it ..
-
GDT: Winnipeg @ Calgary
Ugly knee injury blocking on a return. Broken ankle/leg from the looks of it. They had an air cast on his lower leg, weren't really looking at his knee. Better a break than ligament / tendon issues ..
-
GDT: Winnipeg @ Calgary
Ugly knee injury blocking on a return.
-
GDT: Winnipeg @ Calgary
Will sum up my thoughts this way .. Goddamnit .. I hate seeing this team piss away wins .. Preseason or not .. A win would have been nice
-
Can we "Worman" Gary Ethchevery?
Said it in another thread but it's worth repeating here: this defence .. our run D in particular .. doesn't paint our unconventional defensive coordinator in the best light .. certainly doesn't do much to build confidence in the man .. It's early .. All I can hope for is improvement ..
-
Depth chart for Saturdays preseason game vs Calgary
Link to the depth chart: http://cfl.uploads.mrx.ca/wpg/pdf/depth/2014/Position_Chart_AT_Calgary065707.pdf
-
Tyson Pencer Released
Same was said of Kamau while he was here but he managed to turn in a few very good season in Edmonton.
-
Training camp report June 12
The problem with Hall isn't a lack of arm strength .. the problem with Hall is that he puts too much trust in an arm that's barely suited to the CFL field .. you don't need a cannon to succeed .. but you do have to play within yourself and be smart with how you attack your opponent .. sometimes you see him trying to force balls in windows or make throws he's only barely able to complete.