Cdn Depth

Floyd

Our glaring weakness has turned into a 'hey that's not so bad'...

JFG looked pretty good filling in for Watson.  Kohlert had some nice plays

Always liked Teague Sherman - I'd say he's pushed Stephan almost off the roster

Bucknor may have taken Alexander's job

Morely is looking great at C...

Even Fitz looked decent on TE packages, thought he hustled

Would like another DL backup please...  Thomas played A LOT

Still razor thin but we'll see...

I thought Bucknor got picked on a little, so that will be a competition to watch perhaps.

I'm surprised you didn't mention Dan West.

Was really happy with JFG (expected) and Sherman (unexpected)

I honestly didn't notice Dan West...

I also still think Neufeld is playing RG like he is still a tackle but overall the OL did a really good job so he gets a pass.

Both Bucknor and Alexander will get 'picked on'...  

yes, Dan west, Sherman and Bucknor surprised me quite a bit. Norris and Cornell also have the same potential to surprise as well.

Bucknor did get picked on a bit, But that's only because he was the weakest member in a very strong stable of DB's.... I don't think it would have been any different if Alexander was in there. 

Either way, I don't think our Canadian depth is as bad as most of us thought it was... though its still fairly thin. NFL cut down day could fix that though.

Still think we need Etienne and Yannick Morin-Plante. Maybe see if Calgary will entertain offers for Peach.

Bucknor did get picked on a bit, But that's only because he was the weakest member in a very strong stable of DB's.... I don't think it would have been any different if Alexander was in there.

Wouldn't make a huge difference which one was in there - not when they're lined up across from Chad Owens.  He got picked on and mostly acquitted himself well.  There was one sloppy missed tackle along the sidelines I'm sure he'd like back.

And like I said back over in the CFL cuts thread, getting another NI DT who can spell Thomas has got to be a high priority for this club.  I thought he had a solid game last night, but it's tough to keep that throttle running wide open for the entire game when you're close to 300 pounds.

Floyd - Owens getting blown up for no gain on what looked like the beginning of a huge punt return - that was West.

Or Ian Wild, then Dan Wild, if you believe the announcer.  Also, the red zone is now from the 25 yard line in, if you believe the other announcer.  Not sure what was up with that, or why I spend so much time arguing with the announcers when they can't hear me.  I guess I'm easily distracted.  Oh look - something shiny!

Wouldn't make a huge difference which one was in there - not when they're lined up across from Chad Owens.  He got picked on and mostly acquitted himself well.  There was one sloppy missed tackle along the sidelines I'm sure he'd like back.

And like I said back over in the CFL cuts thread, getting another NI DT who can spell Thomas has got to be a high priority for this club.  I thought he had a solid game last night, but it's tough to keep that throttle running wide open for the entire game when you're close to 300 pounds.

Floyd - Owens getting blown up for no gain on what looked like the beginning of a huge punt return - that was West.

Or Ian Wild, then Dan Wild, if you believe the announcer.  Also, the red zone is now from the 25 yard line in, if you believe the other announcer.  Not sure what was up with that, or why I spend so much time arguing with the announcers when they can't hear me.  I guess I'm easily distracted.  Oh look - something shiny!

While we're at believing the announcer... "Patrick Swayze with the 49 yard punt," anyone?

While we're at believing the announcer... "Patrick Swayze with the 49 yard punt," anyone?

Really?  Not really.  Really?

I totally missed that one.

Depending on Watson's injury Walters might pickup Jade Etienne, Taylor Renaud or any free-agent National receiver

I actually want to see Jade Etienne receiving accurate passes from Willy Wonder

Dude, please.

Ok, let's bring Hargreaves then :P . We can pick his brain on what the ReturnBacks are doing.

Remember they are unknown since they're not playing in Week 1.

Although MarcelB should have a little bit of knowledge about his former OC.

was crowing quite loud last night when West smoked that guy with a teams tackle. That's why the guy's on the team...he's a beauty on the teams. Love it.

I was shocked it was West. That hit was so perfectly timed I actually gave a pretty loud cheer... I don't normally do that on special teams either

Even heard him say, over the PA, "I knew I would do that at least once this year .. "

Think Dan West is really underestimated by this board.  All that we know about him is that he KO'd Watson in practice last year and Watson missed games because of it.

Dude's still on the team for a reason, and he can play teams.

Meanwhile Rene Stephan is thinking "Now they like West? Great. I could handle it when the irrational fan dumping on NI special teamers was split between the two of us, but now...."

Even heard him say, over the PA, "I knew I would do that at least once this year .. "

That's it.  I'm done paying attention to my wife!

Depending on Watson's injury Walters might pickup Jade Etienne, Taylor Renaud or any free-agent National receiver

I actually want to see Jade Etienne receiving accurate passes from Willy Wonder

I vote for Taylor Renaud, but who knows what a trade might bring us?