July 21, 2016: Calgary @ Winnipeg

Rich

Just now, tracker said:

I think ti would be a lot worse for both Willy and the team if he started trying to force the ball to prove that he can pitch it that far. Willy absolutely cannot give up an early INT.

would you feel more confident if he dink and dunked all game and with the game on the line,  then started to try and go deep? i would think some rapport with his receivers early would help the teams psyche as the game wore on. of course its kind of high risk high reward, some early picks or drops and its down ye ol crapper once again lol

6 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

would you feel more confident if he dink and dunked all game and with the game on the line,  then started to try and go deep? i would think some rapport with his receivers early would help the teams psyche as the game wore on. of course its kind of high risk high reward, some early picks or drops and its down ye ol crapper once again lol

I suggest that Willy ought to hit the long ones if/when available but he needs to establish the run and short routes while offsetting the inevitable Calgary blitzes.

7 minutes ago, tracker said:

I think ti would be a lot worse for both Willy and the team if he started trying to force the ball to prove that he can pitch it that far. Willy absolutely cannot give up an early INT.

4 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Whoa, and there you have the logic to play in any football game. 

Throw deep to stretch the field? Possibly intercepted? Possibly PI?  Or dink and dunk until possibly too late, then bomb it out?

Option 1 for me. Get some first downs early, go deep on the next 1st down, make the defence aware. Let's not wait until they're expecting it. To be afraid to throw deep because 'whatever' is self-defeating. Dink and dunk***, is fine, but let's go get it for a change

***(I almost typed drink and drunk - a natural result for what's been happening)

3 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Whoa, and there you have the logic to play in any football game. 

Throw deep to stretch the field? Possibly intercepted? Possibly PI?  Or dink and dunk until possibly too late, then bomb it out?

Option 1 for me. Get some first downs early, go deep on the next 1st down, make the defence aware. Let's not wait until they're expecting it. To be afraid to throw deep because 'whatever' is self-defeating. Dink and dunk***, is fine, but let's go get it for a change

***(I almost typed drink and drunk - a natural result for what's been happening)

thats what im thinking, it also allows for the rb to be free a little more.  and possibly a little more fresh as the game wears on,  + this heat

We have very poor overall talent at all levels of the organization.  GM, HC, QB, O-line, nat receiver.   Words you will never hear, "jake Thomas with pressure up the middle".    We are paying for dumping Bucknor.  Shologan and Thomas aren't getting it done.  

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

These refs need to be fired

Not gonna say they are the reason we are losing but it's been pretty bad again tonight. Didn't seem like the NFL refs coming in have helped. I mean the missed offside on Calgary that lead to the turnover and then TD and then the no touch on the interception could have been game changers at least. Oh well. Back to the regular scheduled programming. 

Edited by Bomber_fanaddict

Outplayed >>>>>>>out coached >>>>>>>>out performed.
The only area close was ST.
Even though I warned them about Marquay McDaniel, they didn't listen. Moe Leggett was no match, especially 10 yards back.
Messam, we handled. BLM looked normal. But they knew what they were doing, and when to do it. Bombers were the opposite.
Ja'Gared Davis was a force.
Calgary even out-penaltied us 12-6. But it was the call they didn't call...that absolutely drained us. Huge swing in momentum when they "stuffed" our 3rd down gamble, on a play where everybody and their mother's son saw Calgary was offside.
I wonder how the CFL will deliver the apology this year.

A shout out to Ian Wild, for again being all over the field and 7 tackles. To Khalil Bass for those crunching tackles, Jake Thomas, for stepping in and doing a yeoman's job on the O-line. The same goes for young Couture. 
For that matter, Lofler, Jones, Morgan, and the rest of the secondary for stepping up when Harris and Randle went out.
'Out'standing effort. As was one of McDuffie's returns.

Alas, the only thing now to look forward to this week is Ottawa hammering the Riders. 
Do it, please..