Justin Dunk's 2016 Mock 2.0

Mike

http://www.cfl.ca/2016/03/22/2016-cfl-mock-draft-2-0-coutures-stock-skyrockets/

1. Saskatchewan - OL Josiah St. John (Oklahoma)

2. Montreal - OL Charles Vaillancourt (Laval)

3. BC - OL Michael Couture (SFU)

4. Toronto - OL Jason Lauzon-Seguin (Laval)

5. Hamilton - REC Brian Jones (Acadia)

6. Calgary - OL Philippe Gagnon (Laval)

7. Ottawa - OL Roman Grozman (Concordia)

8. Edmonton - DB Anthony Thompson (Southern Illinois)

9. Winnipeg - OL Brandon Revenberg (Grand Valley State)

Can't say I much agree with many of his predictions on this one, but I will concede that he seeks out the advice and input of a lot of executives when he puts this together, so it's not coming out of nowhere. 7 OL in the first round just doesn't seem likely to me. I get why he dropped Colquhoun, Corney and Smith but I'm curious why Dillon Guy fell as well.

Either way, if that's the way it shakes down I'd sure love to see us pick Loffler at #10

I wonder if OL is the theme here because, perhaps the other guys, non OL just aren't that good or they aren't that different from one another and I suppose since CFL, and you need to play Canadians, Why not go with the OLine guy instead? It makes sense actually, Guess the talent level isn't there this year? Definitely some talent but perhaps they feel that a lot of these guys ceilings are similar? Hard to say. 

Loffler would be a nice pickup tho for sure. Guy looked good at the combine. 

Then again, maybe it's just a Mock draft, different from the other one and probably a different one to come still. 

Every team needs Canadian OL right now.  Wouldn't surprise me at all to see it shake down this way.

Dillon Guy is a total bandaid, I hope we don't go anywhere near him.  Don't know much about this Revenberg fella.  If Colquhoun or Corney are still available at 10 we should pounce on that for sure.  We can afford to wait a bit.  Loffler would be here right away but he'd just be another guy to chase down kicks in his first season anyways.  Take the best player.

1 hour ago, holoman said:

Yeah, from everything that I've heard Calgary is going for Timmis at #6

I dont like our chances short of trading up, but if one of those OL drop from the top 6 or so to us that'd be a minor lotto winning. Personally, short of a crazy high level talent that isnt nfl bound id have a hard time passing on a top 10 prospect thats an OL from laval.

Who's knows anything about Revenberg? I just learned he existed approx. 2 hrs ago.

edit (from TSN): Brandon Revenberg (OL, Grand Valley State): Hailing from the same Lakers program that produced perennial CFL All-Star Josh Bourke, Revenberg is a two-time Great Lakes Conference all-star and a three-year starter. As an NCAA Division 2 player, he hasn't received the attention of some other offensive linemen leading up to the draft but he could easily emerge as one of the sleepers in the Class of 2016.

Edited by sweep the leg

No1 pick in the cfl draft is a real hand gernade. The BPA might come and play in a year or 3 or never. Id be in favor of trading up In a deal that moves a depth guy/ neglister or similar range picks. I wouldnt wanna go 2 for 1 with our 1st.  2nd and a lower pick for moving up a handful of spots if an OL drops i would do though.

This is an interesting list.... it sounds like there's anywhere from 10-15 good prospects this year so hopefully we can grab two good ones early... interesting that Dillon Guy seems to have fallen out of favour... are Arjen Colquhoun and Tevaun Smith projected as NFL UDFA signings after their pro days?

31 minutes ago, bearpants said:

This is an interesting list.... it sounds like there's anywhere from 10-15 good prospects this year so hopefully we can grab two good ones early... interesting that Dillon Guy seems to have fallen out of favour... are Arjen Colquhoun and Tevaun Smith projected as NFL UDFA signings after their pro days?

Apparently Smith kicked ass at his pro day and from what I read could possibly be drafted now.

2 hours ago, holoman said:

You would think that, but Huff has said that he's going away from a NAT RB.  I don't buy it, but who knows. 

Walter didn't have a great season running the ball with injuries himself & not seeming to have the ability to really threaten as a rusher. I think the Stamps want to keep the position Canadian but go younger & cheaper which they will with Timmis if they draft him .