Random News Items

Rich

Yahoo Finance

Walmart offers $110,000 salary to new drivers amid trucker shortage

Dani Romero

Thu, April 7, 2022, 12:34 PM

Walmart (WMT) is driving up pay for its truckers.

In a blog post Thursday, the nation's largest retailer announced it will be increasing starting salaries for its freight drivers to between $95,000 and $110,000 a year, up from an average starting salary of $87,500, according to a Walmart spokesperson.

"Drivers who have been with Walmart longer can earn even more, based on factors like tenure and location," the blog noted.

10 hours ago, Mark F said:

Yahoo Finance

Walmart offers $110,000 salary to new drivers amid trucker shortage

Dani Romero

Thu, April 7, 2022, 12:34 PM

Walmart (WMT) is driving up pay for its truckers.

In a blog post Thursday, the nation's largest retailer announced it will be increasing starting salaries for its freight drivers to between $95,000 and $110,000 a year, up from an average starting salary of $87,500, according to a Walmart spokesperson.

"Drivers who have been with Walmart longer can earn even more, based on factors like tenure and location," the blog noted.

That's an impressive salary for truckers

And, it's all good in the States, until you have an accident

Then you'll owe double the amount of that salary

2 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Mayhem in the NYC Subway system, explosives people shot

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/multiple-people-shot-in-brooklyn-subway-sources/3641743/

At least five people have been shot in a Brooklyn subway station by a man in a gas mask and orange construction vest who may have tossed a smoke canister on the platform to distract the rush hour crowd, according to NYPD officials and senior law enforcement officials. They stress the investigation is preliminary.

The shooter was not in custody an hour and a half after he opened fire at the 36th Street and Fourth Avenue station in Sunset Park around 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.

He's still out there, crazy. They better catch him or more nutcases will be emboldened to act and maybe get away with it

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/04/13/dan-snyder-washington-commanders-financial-allegations

Saw this flying around Twitter today.

The allegations, based on testimony from former Washington sales executive Jason Friedman, include: 

• Withholding security deposits from fans and using the funds for other purposes. (About $5 million was withheld from roughly 2,000 accounts.)
  • Misreporting Commanders tickets sales as revenue from a Notre Dame–Navy game at FedEx Field and a Kenny Chesney concert (thus excluding those earnings from the NFL’s revenue-sharing program). 
  • That Snyder was aware of the scheme. According to the letter, Friedman said “the team maintained ‘two sets of books’—one that was shared with the NFL but underreported certain ticket revenue, and another internal set of books that included the complete and accurate revenue and was ‘shown to Mr. Snyder.’”
  • That such misrepresentations were known internally as “juice” and that members of senior leadership, including Snyder, encouraged the practice.

Winnipeg high school football coach, teacher charged with sexually assaulting 5 former students

'He groomed them,' Winnipeg police constable says

Five former high school football players and students say they were sexually assaulted by a physical education teacher and football coach at Churchill and Vincent Massey high schools starting about 18 years ago, Winnipeg police say.

Kelsey Albert Dana McKay, 51, was arrested and charged with five counts of sexual assault, four counts of sexual exploitation, four counts of luring and one count of sexual interference. None of the allegations have been proven in court.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-police-historical-assaults-1.6418389

7 hours ago, JCon said:

Winnipeg high school football coach, teacher charged with sexually assaulting 5 former students

'He groomed them,' Winnipeg police constable says

Five former high school football players and students say they were sexually assaulted by a physical education teacher and football coach at Churchill and Vincent Massey high schools starting about 18 years ago, Winnipeg police say.

Kelsey Albert Dana McKay, 51, was arrested and charged with five counts of sexual assault, four counts of sexual exploitation, four counts of luring and one count of sexual interference. None of the allegations have been proven in court.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-police-historical-assaults-1.6418389

Okay so this is awful but I was watching CTV news with my parents after shoveling them out today and the police said "these type of offenders find a hole to insert themselves in and literally do that" and I said "that's a bit on the nose, isn't it?" and laughed. I might be out of the will :(

34 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Okay so this is awful but I was watching CTV news with my parents after shoveling them out today and the police said "these type of offenders find a hole to insert themselves in and literally do that" and I said "that's a bit on the nose, isn't it?" and laughed. I might be out of the will :(

I want to laugh- but I'm afraid I would go to hell. 

FtfJ.gif