Game 23 : Jets @ Caps

I'm beginning to think this will be the blow up year. Out of the playoffs by February and start selling off UFA's and perhaps other assets. Tried the "reload". Maybe time for the full rebuild.

A little over reacting there don't you think?  Full rebuild?

I can see maybe dumping off Ladd , Buff,  Stafford... but I can't see them getting rid of Wheeler , Little,  Myers, Trouba ,  Ehlers etc...

Wheeler can be apart of the rebuild. Same with little. What I mean is this attempt to have two "cores" and try to win now and for the future. Maybe just go with the future. Not ten years from now. But five. And some guys don't need to be around if we looking at 4-5 more years.

Regardless of terminology if this middling team and slow sink continues there is no reason to keep Ladd and buff.

And lawless reported today that there has been zero discussion with buff. Jets have no idea what buff wants to stay. The fact they havent even had that conversation should indicate their desire on buff.

Well last year when Buff was out the team won quite a bit of games.... and don't tell me it was because of Frolik because he wasn't that important.

I think the whole team just needs a kick in the ass and they are definitely playing below where they should be playing at.   

Build around Wheeler Little Scheif Ehlers and Hellebuyck. Lol. Trade Ladd. Buff. Perreault. Burmistrov. Stafford. Toby. Keep Copp and Lowry together on the 4th. Call up Lipon. Bring some goal scoring ability to the 4th. Lowry Copp Lipon. That would be a good 4th line.

?? Little Wheeler.

?? Scheif Ehlers.

?? ?? Armia

Lowry Copp Lipon.

Ladd Buff Toby should all get a decent to very good return. Teams will give up prospects picks and even a young roster player for these 3. Guaranteed.

Hutch isn't good. Helle needs to play next game. Right now I'm not signing Hutch this off season.

Semi Tank. Aquire as many 2016 draft picks as you can.

Cheveldayoff sat pat in the off season. Didn't even try to sign any UFA because he feels their asking price is to steep. Our GM's done real trade since the team got here. Well, we are where we are living on faith. That the kids will come through. Maybe they will eventually but trades & signing free agents are part of a building a team as well.

Cheveldayoff sat pat in the off season. Didn't even try to sign any UFA because he feels their asking price is to steep. Our GM's done real trade since the team got here. Well, we are where we are living on faith. That the kids will come through. Maybe they will eventually but trades & signing free agents are part of a building a team as well.

The Kane trade was actually a pretty significant trade.  Trades like that are a rarity in this day in age.

As to the UFA's in the off season, I don't think it has anything to do with price.  As a case in point, look at Stempniak who ended the season with the Jets last year.  He would have re-signed here, he just wasn't offered a contract.  He had to sign a PTO with New Jersey and then signed for 800k.  He is 2nd in scoring with New Jersey right now.

A lot of forwards had to take a discount last season in free agency due to demand for them being so low, this had nothing to do with price.

The Jets could have afforded them, this was a conscious decision to go younger and make some room for some rookies.  The problem is they gave too many of them a job with no real competition out of TC.   Hopefully long term, this season is a blip and chalked up to growing pains for a young team.

why do the defencemen go far into the other teams end so much?

bad idea....

Watched a few games with the Blackhawks, Duncan Keith doesn't do that very much does he?

shouldn't the Defencemen play defence?

might explain why we get so many breakaways, two on ones, etc.

The team went too young, too fast. It really is that simple. Blowing it up will make the team worse in the short term, and who knows in the long term. Our drafted players have not been good. We've yet to develop a top 6 forward or top 4 d-man in 5 years so remember that when you talk about blowing up the team... it means 5 more years of a bad team before we even have a hope of being good again.

And no I don't believe Scheifele is top 6 quality nor is Trouba top 4. Lowry, Copp and Burmi should not be in the NHL.

why do the defencemen go far into the other teams end so much?

bad idea....

Watched a few games with the Blackhawks, Duncan Keith doesn't do that very much does he?

shouldn't the Defencemen play defence?

might explain why we get so many breakaways, two on ones, etc.

Maurice decided to tinker with the system.

Scheif is top 6 no question.....inconsistent this year tho.

Not much wrong with the Jets top 6...it is the team D that needs work and a top notch goalie would be a nice early Christmas present.

Scheifele plays in the Jets top 6 but I'd be hard pressed to come up with 5 other teams where he would do the same.

The team went too young, too fast. It really is that simple. Blowing it up will make the team worse in the short term, and who knows in the long term. Our drafted players have not been good. We've yet to develop a top 6 forward or top 4 d-man in 5 years so remember that when you talk about blowing up the team... it means 5 more years of a bad team before we even have a hope of being good again.

And no I don't believe Scheifele is top 6 quality nor is Trouba top 4. Lowry, Copp and Burmi should not be in the NHL.

Do you mean b/c you want them getting more playing time in the AHL, or b/c they're just not good enough? I can see an argument for your first point, but they're all good enough to play in the NHL.

Lowry & Copp together is a very good 4th line imo.

Scheif is top 6 no question.....inconsistent this year tho.

Not much wrong with the Jets top 6...it is the team D that needs work and a top notch goalie would be a nice early Christmas present.

Scheifele plays in the Jets top 6 but I'd be hard pressed to come up with 5 other teams where he would do the same.

I put the number at 9 (Flames, Panthers, Wild, Preds, Flyers, Sens, Devils, Leafs, & Canucks). Still not great though. He's doing ok, but he's so inconsistent. That should get better with age though.