Leggett thinks we need to get tougher meaner

Jpan85

Taman, the Ottawa dispersal really helped him, in 2007 they started 4 nationals on the line, gave up the fewest sacks in the league and were coached by Bob Willy. We could start Roberts and 4 international receivers, that's still how you build a championship team. We had Brown on the dline and a national at safety. That team was probably better than the 2001 version that went 14 - 4.

Haha oh my stars you actually said that... I don't think you remember how hit or miss the offense was in 2007, or how dominant the defense was on that 2001 team. 2007 was bolstered bigtime by Gauthier being one of the better tackles in the league and a canadian. They paid a big price to get that guy too don't forget. Picard was still good back then, Andrew Greene was really the unsung hero there too. Guy was a real quality vet on the interior. Rounded it out with Dan Goodspeed at the other tackle who in his day was a good american tackle.  2007 was also a long time ago, the CFL has changed Canadians are playing more and more skill positions and playing them better and better. You don't need to put all your canadians on the OL. It's not the most efficient use of the roster when you don't have those quality veterans to fill the positions. 

As much as we dislike Bucknor he's still playing maybe the easiest position to hide a Canadian in, much moreso than safety. The additional designated imports make a rotation on the defense a very viable option as well which many teams are taking advantage of. The idea that you MUST use as many canadians on the offensive line is outdated thinking. The key is you must have as many good canadians as possible and where they specifically play doesn't really matter as long as they can play. Right now we don't have enough Canadians who are simply good enough players. 

2001 was all kind of special.  Should have swept the awards that year.

Taman, the Ottawa dispersal really helped him, in 2007 they started 4 nationals on the line, gave up the fewest sacks in the league and were coached by Bob Willy. We could start Roberts and 4 international receivers, that's still how you build a championship team. We had Brown on the dline and a national at safety. That team was probably better than the 2001 version that went 14 - 4.

Not even close lol. How high are you?

Haha oh my stars you actually said that... I don't think you remember how hit or miss the offense was in 2007, or how dominant the defense was on that 2001 team. 2007 was bolstered bigtime by Gauthier being one of the better tackles in the league and a canadian. They paid a big price to get that guy too don't forget. Picard was still good back then, Andrew Greene was really the unsung hero there too. Guy was a real quality vet on the interior. Rounded it out with Dan Goodspeed at the other tackle who in his day was a good american tackle.  2007 was also a long time ago, the CFL has changed Canadians are playing more and more skill positions and playing them better and better. You don't need to put all your canadians on the OL. It's not the most efficient use of the roster when you don't have those quality veterans to fill the positions. 

As much as we dislike Bucknor he's still playing maybe the easiest position to hide a Canadian in, much moreso than safety. The additional designated imports make a rotation on the defense a very viable option as well which many teams are taking advantage of. The idea that you MUST use as many canadians on the offensive line is outdated thinking. The key is you must have as many good canadians as possible and where they specifically play doesn't really matter as long as they can play. Right now we don't have enough Canadians who are simply good enough players. 

2001 was all kind of special.  Should have swept the awards that year.

The only team that I'll listen to an argument as being better than 01 since 2001 is 2002. That was a good ******* team that got boned by Ricky Ray showing up and being amazing as a rookie and injuries before the playoffs. 

the 2001 team is what really got me hooked on the bombers (not having the jets around helped at that time too).  other then the 7-1 start of 2007, i dont think that team was even close.  iirc in 2001 we went on a 12 game win streak?

we didn't start 2007 at 7-1. They actually tied the first game of the year against EDM...won the next game and lost the 3rd.

the 2001 team is what really got me hooked on the bombers (not having the jets around helped at that time too).  other then the 7-1 start of 2007, i dont think that team was even close.  iirc in 2001 we went on a 12 game win streak?

started 2-2, won 12 straight, then lost the final 2 games, including the final game of the season to Calgary, which let them into the playoffs and..............well, we don't need to go there.......

started 2-2, won 12 straight, then lost the final 2 games, including the final game of the season to Calgary, which let them into the playoffs and..............well, we don't need to go there.......

We shoulda known when half the lights at the old stadium stopped working during the game. 

lol, half the clowns on this board don't even know the difference between the 2007 and 2011 teams, I'm not surprised.

You want to build a winner, you build it on a proven formula, not the crap of the last 6 years.

You build it from the lines out, doesn't matter if the guys 40 (Greene) as long he can get the job done, and Bob Wylie isn't the problem, he didn't forget how to coach, Marcels system hasn't and never has worked, the guy was just plain horrible.

You can pay all the nationals you want to start at LB or DB but until you have a functioning O & D line it won't mean squat. Football is about controlling the line of scrimmage, the ignorant may not know that but, given time they will come to understand.

lol, half the clowns on this board don't even know the difference between the 2007 and 2011 teams, I'm not surprised.

You want to build a winner, you build it on a proven formula, not the crap of the last 6 years.

You build it from the lines out, doesn't matter if the guys 40 (Greene) as long he can get the job done, and Bob Wylie isn't the problem, he didn't forget how to coach, Marcels system hasn't and never has worked, the guy was just plain horrible.

You can pay all the nationals you want to start at LB or DB but until you have a functioning O & D line it won't mean squat. Football is about controlling the line of scrimmage, the ignorant may not know that but, given time they will come to understand.

Fully understand it.  If you play crappy Canadians at OL, you don't control the line.  You suck, your QB's get killed.  We've been proving that for several years now.  If you're going to play crappy Canadians, you're better off playing them somewhere else.

When a team like Edmonton trades a high pick for a bum like Greaves, you know there's a shortage of NI OL.

Fully understand it.  If you play crappy Canadians at OL, you don't control the line.  You suck, your QB's get killed.  We've been proving that for several years now.  If you're going to play crappy Canadians, you're better off playing them somewhere else.

When a team like Edmonton trades a high pick for a bum like Greaves, you know there's a shortage of NI OL.

The days of All Canadian offensive lines are numbered. These guy coming out of CIS unless they're like the first two picks just can't play as starters... Takes years to build a Canadian OL as well. Easier to bring in Americans & let them play.. like the old days.