Canadian Politics

Wanna-B-Fanboy

Pallister does not inspire confidence I'll say that. Glad Selinger gave his resignation. Liberals slaughtered and should probably just not be a party here. 

In some ridings the green had more votes. 

Not gonna lie... I voted NDP. My last time voting in the Elmwood riding and my guy won and that's only because there was no green party candidate to vote for. 

You gotta wonder... if we could also vote for the actual premier instead of only the MLA... would Pallister have still won? I have my doubts as I feel James Beddome is the guy that lots of people can relate with. 

14 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Pallister does not inspire confidence I'll say that. Glad Selinger gave his resignation. Liberals slaughtered and should probably just not be a party here. 

In some ridings the green had more votes. 

Not gonna lie... I voted NDP. My last time voting in the Elmwood riding and my guy won and that's only because there was no green party candidate to vote for. 

You gotta wonder... if we could also vote for the actual premier instead of only the MLA... would Pallister have still won? I have my doubts as I feel James Beddome is the guy that lots of people can relate with. 

You sure can pick em ;)

Beddome might be a nice guy but not a chance. Style goes so far. Substance goes further. 

Pallister poked fun at his own dry demeanor but I liked his speech. I think the PC's are going to be just fine. 

Liberals actually aren't a party. Not officially anyway. Needed four seats for status. 

Cant believe Wab won. An angry misogynyst with delusions of grandeur running against two women and he won. Blame Bokari for her nose dive I guess. 

Surorsed, pleasently so to see mr do-good-white-people Robinson lose...or losing as it may not be official yet.  

Election highlights for me 

1. Cons chanting PCP.. that's a pretty deadly drug 

2. Sellinger resignation - needed to happen and was grateful in defeat 

3. Maloway winning cuz I voted for him 

4. Rana and liberals failing 

5. Wolsley - the irony of possibly announcing a green party victory on 4 20 is to good 

And just for the record I was always told to vote for the person that I feel is best for the area and not the party they represent. More people should probably do that but quite obviously don't 

Another interesting thing... Sellinger actually won his st Boniface riding. 

Also happy to see that prick Ashton lose. He flooded out my lake in 2011 on purpose so screw him. 

NDP seems to be turning in to the Native Democratic party also. Interesting 

Edited by Goalie

I still remember 1999 when the NDP won - Pat Martin was on the TV and was going on about how "transition teams" were already at work to move the NDP into power.  So happy tonight that "transition teams" are now already at work freeing Manitoba from the NDP enslavement.  Next up - a Grey Cup for the Blue!

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I still remember 1999 when the NDP won - Pat Martin was on the TV and was going on about how "transition teams" were already at work to move the NDP into power.  So happy tonight that "transition teams" are now already at work freeing Manitoba from the NDP enslavement.  Next up - a Grey Cup for the Blue!

Martin The Richard.

Edited by iso_55

7 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

So fill this Calgarian in, who is Wab & Robinson?

Eric Robinson was deputy premier. Aboriginal.  He was caught in a freedom of information request calling the organizers of a fund raiser event for a women's shelter "do good white people". The line was poorly redacted. He not refused to apologize but claimed that it wasn't racial because whites can't be victims of racism and even if he was racist it was entitled to be so since he had been a victim of racism in the past. Class act. 

Wab was an aboriginal rapper whose lyrics were filled with anti women, anti gay slurs. Many tweets were offensive as well. When he decided he might have a future in politics he suddenly decided that the music industry should stop anti women lyrics.  

He basically offered a half hearted apology for being anti woman. Then for beinf anti gay. The for making light of the time he ran over a cat. Then for making jokes about aboriginal suffering while he rode in a limo to his five star hotel. 

The NDP demanded liberal Jamie hall drop out of the election for making anti women remarks but when the liberals asked the same of Wab, Selinger said no because he was sorry 

he appeared with the premier at a presser where he was snappy and angry and had to be told to calm down by the premier. He then stared down a reporter who questioned him. Also ha a criminal past. And was NDP star candidate. Piece of work. 

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Eric Robinson was deputy premier. Aboriginal.  He was caught in a freedom of information request calling the organizers of a fund raiser event for a women's shelter "do good white people". The line was poorly redacted. He not refused to apologize but claimed that it wasn't racial because whites can't be victims of racism and even if he was racist it was entitled to be so since he had been a victim of racism in the past. Class act. 

Wab was an aboriginal rapper whose lyrics were filled with anti women, anti gay slurs. Many tweets were offensive as well. When he decided he might have a future in politics he suddenly decided that the music industry should stop anti women lyrics.  

He basically offered a half hearted apology for being anti woman. Then for beinf anti gay. The for making light of the time he ran over a cat. Then for making jokes about aboriginal suffering while he rode in a limo to his five star hotel. 

The NDP demanded liberal Jamie hall drop out of the election for making anti women remarks but when the liberals asked the same of Wab, Selinger said no because he was sorry 

he appeared with the premier at a presser where he was snappy and angry and had to be told to calm down by the premier. He then stared down a reporter who questioned him. Also ha a criminal past. And was NDP star candidate. Piece of work. 

Jeebus, what losers.

47 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Not gonna lie... I voted NDP.

Not gonna lie.  I will never, ever, ever, ever vote NDP.  Provincially or federally.  Just the worst party ever invented in history.  So corrupt and stupid.  Blech.  I wish them nothing but exile to the dustbin of Canadian political history.  May you never ever darken Manitoba's political doors ever again.

17 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Not gonna lie.  I will never, ever, ever, ever vote NDP.  Provincially or federally.  Just the worst party ever invented in history.  So corrupt and stupid.  Blech.  I wish them nothing but exile to the dustbin of Canadian political history.  May you never ever darken Manitoba's political doors ever again.

But they will given Manitoba's history.

6 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

It's one thing if your union gets you job security.  But if there's a whole pile of people that were hired for basically no reason, and now you can't fire them, you are essentially powerless to cut spending.  You are stuck.  The BC government saw the union hiring thousands of extra teachers without regard to the cost and had to put a stop to it, one way or the other.  It's great to have three students per teacher but that's an unsustainable system.

You've totally misread that. The BC College of Teachers certifies individuals as being qualified to teach in BC so they can apply for teaching jobs. They do not hire teachers. The fact is there are a lot more people graduating with teaching degrees than there are teaching jobs. From a 2014 article it said there were 3,300 teachers who were certified but only 900 teaching jobs in BC. And the situation in BC is not unique. Ontario completely overhauled the program at the Ontario College of Teachers a couple of years ago because there is a glut of teachers there (9,000 teachers but only 6,000 teaching jobs). 

P.S. About a comment you made in an earlier post about being a sympathizer, what I'm is an ABC strategic voter.

Edited by Jacquie

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

They will. After years of PC belt tightening to clean up the NDP mess. And just when the mess is cleaned up the NDP will swoop in and promise the world. 

To any of you MB PC voters/supporters, any ideas on how the PCs will tighten the belt? 

Pallister didn't ruled out privatizing parts of healthcare. He's only committed to reducing the PST before the end of his term so people might have to wait until 2020 before that's done. What budgets and programs will be slashed? 

Edited by Jacquie

Manitoba has the worst wait times in Canada.

Manitoba has over 10,000 kids in care.

Manitoba has the second highest rate of child poverty in Canada.

Manitoba students score the lowest on standardized tests across Canada.

Manitoba has an acute lack of care home beds.

Manitoba has a lack of medical services outside of Winnipeg.

Tell me again what the PCs are going to destroy.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Manitoba has the worst wait times in Canada.

Manitoba has over 10,000 kids in care.

Manitoba has the second highest rate of child poverty in Canada.

Manitoba students score the lowest on standardized tests across Canada.

Manitoba has an acute lack of care home beds.

Manitoba has a lack of medical services outside of Winnipeg.

Tell me again what the PCs are going to destroy.

The anyone but Cons people like to ignore the inconvenient truth of what 16 years of NDP have done.  They couldnt even make a dent in their biggest promise from 16 years ago.  Ill give the PC's plenty of time before I start complaining.

8 hours ago, Goalie said:

And just for the record I was always told to vote for the person that I feel is best for the area and not the party they represent. More people should probably do that but quite obviously don't  

That's nice that you were told how to vote and follow it blindly but that doesn't make it the "right way" to vote.  The party is a huge part of the consideration.  Your MLA has very little impact on the actual area you live in.  If you want something done locally, you talk to your city councilor.