Loyalty or...?

Floyd

We've complained about this a lot... but my confusion over roster management only seems to be growing...

I won't even get into the 8+ Canadians we start... but what confuses me is Jake Thomas

To me, next to Westerman, Thomas is our best Cdn on defence.  Took me a long time to give him his due...

But, he gets really meager reps...  While Bucknor plays the whole game and Wild sits for 2/3 of the game for Hurl.

Only difference between Thomas having to fight for work and Hurl/Neufeld constantly getting chances is that they were high profile signings/trades...  don't know how else to explain it - the drop off between Anderson and Thomas is far less than Bucknor and an import CB

Any possibility that Bass could slip into the middle and put Wild in Bass's position. Gotta have your best players on the field, speaking of which should Leggatt stay at OLB and when  Randle comes back put him at corner sit Bucknor and find a Canadian safety.

This would be ideal...or maybe another starting Canadian OL.

Any possibility that Bass could slip into the middle and put Wild in Bass's position. Gotta have your best players on the field, speaking of which should Leggatt stay at OLB and when Randle comes back put him at corner sit Bucknor and find a Canadian safety.

I like that idea. Pretty sure Waggoner can also play safety. Sherman can too.

Any possibility that Bass could slip into the middle and put Wild in Bass's position. Gotta have your best players on the field, speaking of which should Leggatt stay at OLB and when Randle comes back put him at corner sit Bucknor and find a Canadian safety.

I like that idea. Pretty sure Waggoner can also play safety. Sherman can too.

One would assume this is what walters is angling for.. Or a replacement for Bucknor. newman, teague, morgan, waggoner, jones. All 5 could essentially be a db/safety if they continue to develop.

Head coach usually make roster decisions based on the input from Assistant Coaches... that being said, Hurl was demoted last year

Its funny to hear the Wild is too small argument over and over... yet Hurl gets knocked over by the same guys that Wild stands up.

Plus, I'd be surprised if Wild didn't bulk up a bit during his NFL attempt...  probably 220ish now

Hurl might be taller than Wild but he doesn't have the 'prototypical" MLB body either.

Wild could do just fine in Hurl's spot....actually who I kidding he would do better...Has better instincts, way more closing speed and knows pursuit angles probably better than any linebacker in the league..not just here.

He could have signed anywhere he wanted in this league and start...and star in their defence.

Next year you will see a combo of him..Bass and another import in the line backing corp. This year went off rails but things coming together for next year.

If all goes well we could be seeing a defence with only a need for 2 Canucks. Westerman and Bilukidi...if we can land Harris which I think we will toss in a receiver, 3 0-lineman and theres your seven. I can see a lot of 3-4 next year or variations of it and we have the horses in the stable as well to go Canuck at safety which gives us a lot of flexability on defence..with the ratio and with game day roster and DI's

I agree this has taken longer than most wished, and rightfully so but it's coming. OSH is learning...will be smarter next year and issues that plagued us these two years will be things of the past. 

Also.....don't be surprised to see Matthews back here in camp next year...his window down there is closing on him and that would open things up for whoever else we throw out there next year at receiver

Hurl might be taller than Wild but he doesn't have the 'prototypical" MLB body either.

Wild could do just fine in Hurl's spot....actually who I kidding he would do better...Has better instincts, way more closing speed and knows pursuit angles probably better than any linebacker in the league..not just here.

He could have signed anywhere he wanted in this league and start...and star in their defence.

Next year you will see a combo of him..Bass and another import in the line backing corp. This year went off rails but things coming together for next year.

If all goes well we could be seeing a defence with only a need for 2 Canucks. Westerman and Bilukidi...if we can land Harris which I think we will toss in a receiver, 3 0-lineman and theres your seven. I can see a lot of 3-4 next year or variations of it and we have the horses in the stable as well to go Canuck at safety which gives us a lot of flexability on defence..with the ratio and with game day roster and DI's

I agree this has taken longer than most wished, and rightfully so but it's coming. OSH is learning...will be smarter next year and issues that plagued us these two years will be things of the past. 

Also.....don't be surprised to see Matthews back here in camp next year...his window down there is closing on him and that would open things up for whoever else we throw out there next year at receiver

You can always tell when it's Wild going for a tackle even if you don't see the number just because of this. He flies in at full speed and has the angle right to make the play. He's just a play maker and I am a huge fan of his. He showed last year he can succeed playing in the middle. 

Wild has the athleticism and instincts to play MLB, he may be a tad too small to play the position, particularly if he is expected to long-snap as well. Our best hope is that Bilikudi will show up, and that is no certainty.

Why would Wild be expected to long snap? That was a disaster and should never happen again. Backup/emergency LS I'm fine with. Primary LS, no.

On D. We need another DE. We need a DT or 2... Hello Bilukidi. We probably need a CB altho... Randle and Adams on the corner probably sounds good. Think we need a DB to replace Washington. Shell has looked good at safety but... perhaps a Canadian there would be best. I like our LBS including Leggett at SAM. It's the O that needs work. And really a competent OC who uses the players to their strengths would go along way. Moore Denmark and Kohlert are very good when used properly. Adams seems to only hustle when he's involved in the play.... he could be replaced imo. Couple oline. Think our rbs are fine but not used enough

Unfortunately i think that Denmark and Moore have become complimentary receivers not go to guys, they need to add that true number 1 receiver. Imagine if they could get SJ Green, 2 in the slot, 1 kicks out to receivers and all three would have careers years with Willy throwing the ball of course.