Bombers sign NI WR Evan Pszczonak to PR

gbill2004

WINNIPEG, MB., October 14, 2015 – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today the addition of national receiver Evan Pszczonak to the practice roster. 

Pszczonak (6’0, 185, Windsor, October 10, 1990 in Amherstburg, ON) played four seasons with the Lancers, hauling in 134 passes during that span. He turned those into over 2,500 yards and 26 touchdowns. As a senior he averaged 20.3 yards per catch, a total good enough for the CIS lead in that category. Pszczonak is the school’s all-time leader in touchdown receptions. 

The club also released receiver Desmond Lawrence from the practice roster.

Actually, I'm not surprised by PR churn at this time of the year.  Sign a guy, give him a quick look and if nothing jumps out at you, cut him and move on to the next guy.  At the same time, signing a guy from the States and bringing him up here to sit around for PR dollars has got to be a hard sell, because these guys know that there is almost 0 chance of them doing anything beyond auditioning for next years TC.  I'm also  wondering if some of these US guys aren't saying "To heck with it" and going home.  If you're from the American south, I can't imagine sitting up here in the cold being paid CFL minimum wage is a lot of fun.

Oh, I'm aware of all that.  I'm just suggesting that not every American has that deep down burning desire to sit in Canada for a month or two on a PR to be then sent home to see if they'll get a call to come back for a CFL TC shot in June, because that's pretty much all that would be keeping anyone on the PR at this time of year.

An interesting article:

“They weren’t changing a culture,” he says. “They were creating their own culture.”

To do that, they became the grim reaper. In that first season, the Seahawks made an astonishing 283 roster moves. That revolving door set the tone for the way the organization would operate. Underneath the positive vibes and music at practices is a cutthroat tenacity.

“The thing that I see that’s happening so well is that John and Pete are not afraid to admit mistakes,” former Redskins coach Jim Zorn says. “And the way they admit mistakes is they move guys on.”

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/why-the-seahawks-win-a-look-at-the-culture-theyrsquove-created/