Around the NHL

Seems very logical that would be a good comparable. I believe they had exact same pts in their 1st & 3rd years? Not the only thing that matters of course.

Re: Matthews. I'd HATE to see him on a Canadian team that isn't us.  I couldn't have less care or sympathy for the plight of their franchises.  If it's not here, it would be cooler to see him with the hometown Yotes or Buff with Eichel. 

8 hours ago, Ducky said:

http://www.tsn.ca/winnipeg-one-step-back-two-steps-forward-1.443469

way off on some of these grades.............

Yeah, Lowry/Armia/Ladd and to a degree Perreault rated too low

Schief rated too high considering he went 15 without a goal until recently.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Possible trouba comparable

Argument be made he's on a better team and has same numbers as Trouba.

8 hours ago, Ducky said:

http://www.tsn.ca/winnipeg-one-step-back-two-steps-forward-1.443469

way off on some of these grades.............

Only grade I would really change is Armia up to C+, by end of season I think he will be B+

Being picky...  Perrault should be B+, Chiarot's grades are prob reversed and at on point in this season was Stuart a C ha

44 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

So did Chicago want those two or did we make them take them?  Made them take two deals they could bury to offset the cash for retaining some of Ladd?

Both ways i think. We didn't want them, Chicago might not have either but maybe without taking them, we don't retain on ladd. I think what? we retained about 630,000 on Ladd, that's basically what Harrison and fraser were being paid to play in the A. 

Harrison was on a one way contract so he's getting his NHL salary, Fraser was on a 2 way. Basically the money the Jets retained is what they were paying Harrison and Fraser cuz it's an odd amount to retain on. 

Harrison also adds some veteran depth on the blue line for the hawks. 

Edited by Goalie

Trouba will get more than Maatta. Morgan Rielly is a better comparable.

Ladd was 4.4 and had about 25% of the season left. .25 x4.4 = 1.1.

.36 x 1.1 = $396,000.00

Don't forget, Chevy also traded three contracts and only brought back two. There is a limit of 50 per team.

Maatta has injury concerns, Trouba IMO is better than Maatta actually, Troubas fancy stats are very good,  you take trouba away from that anchor mark stuart and he's putting up way better numbers. I think they will go long term on trouba and i think he will get around 5.5 a year. 

And i think that's a fair deal, I also think Myers will be traded and I think Enstrom will be moved also, Myers is more of a draft deal, possibly for Hamonic and Enstrom could be moved by monday or near the draft. I don't see the Jets keeping them.

Enstrom makes way 2 much money for what he brings and there is some talk that he has asked to be traded. 

Edited by Goalie

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Maatta has injury concerns, Trouba IMO is better than Maatta actually, Troubas fancy stats are very good,  you take trouba away from that anchor mark stuart and he's putting up way better numbers. I think they will go long term on trouba and i think he will get around 5.5 a year. 

And i think that's a fair deal, I also think Myers will be traded and I think Enstrom will be moved also, Myers is more of a draft deal, possibly for Hamonic and Enstrom could be moved by monday or near the draft. I don't see the Jets keeping them.

Enstrom makes way 2 much money for what he brings and there is some talk that he has asked to be traded. 

He has a NMC...  Id like to see where you heard that.

Hamonics agent and the Islanders have said he wont be moved till the offseason.

Myers wont be moved... hes a solid player young and hes got a super friendly contract.

Not sure where all this trade talk comes from...  Its not Chevys gig to make trades just to make trades.

13 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Ooo that's interesting. Where'd you hear that?

I've been wondering what the market for Enstrom would be like.  The common refrain around these parts is he's paid too much.  Among the top 17 highest paid defenseman this season.  Personally, I think ending his career in the eastern conference would be the best thing for Toby.

His name has been out there, so since he does have a NMC which is pretty irrelevant really, it means he's either been asked by the Jets or he's asked the Jets to trade him.

His name is out there, was linked to Pittsburgh a while back actually, and that was confirmed. They went another route but his name is out there. 

I think going to an Eastern Conference team would be best for Toby also. 

I don't think he gets you a first round pick back but he probably gets you a 2nd and a pretty good prospect (probably a d prospect at that) 

Why isn't Myers being traded? If they sign, or when they sign Trouba, you are gonna need him to play behind Buff as the 2 RHD... making Myers expendable, Myers has a nice cap friendly contract, which to the Jets who aren't going to be spending to the cap is irrelevant but to some teams, that's a gold mine right there.

I've always been under the impression that you trade from positions of strength to upgrade positions of weakness, right now, this teams strength is it's RHD side. Buff is signed, he going nowhere. Trouba is their draft pick from what 4 years ago? who just turned what? 22 today? They ain't gonna trade him, not a chance. Myers by process of elimination is that guy.

Hamonic would be nice but, quite frankly, we don't really need him, he's another RHD guy so at best, that's a lateral move.

Myers is the guy and Myers probably does bring you a first plus more. 

Edited by Goalie

Have a hard time seeing Chevy part with Myers... but Hamonic and Morrissey would be an epic pairing.

With the Jets wave of young forwards, Jets actually could run with heavy $$ in D for next couple years...  that Stuart contract is looking real ugly, worse than Enstroms but just barely.

Wonder if Enstrom and Chicago's first would work for Hamonic and a B-level prospect (Sundstrom?)...  Islanders have a little cap space

Trouba - Buff ($13 m)

Morrissey-Hamonic ($5 m)

Chiarot-Myers ($6.5 m)

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

His name has been out there, so since he does have a NMC which is pretty irrelevant really, it means he's either been asked by the Jets or he's asked the Jets to trade him.

His name is out there, was linked to Pittsburgh a while back actually, and that was confirmed. They went another route but his name is out there. 

I don't think he gets you a first round pick back but he probably gets you a 2nd and a pretty good prospect (probably a d prospect at that) 

Ive never heard Toby wants out. Not saying its not true just never heard anything. If the Jets asked him hed have to supply his list of teams and id think that would come out pretty quick if so. Tobys a pretty popular player id think this would be more news then his name is out there.   No?

12 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Why isn't Myers being traded? If they sign, or when they sign Trouba, you are gonna need him to play behind Buff as the 2 RHD... making Myers expendable, Myers has a nice cap friendly contract, which to the Jets who aren't going to be spending to the cap is irrelevant but to some teams, that's a gold mine right there.

I've always been under the impression that you trade from positions of strength to upgrade positions of weakness, right now, this teams strength is it's RHD side. Buff is signed, he going nowhere. Trouba is their draft pick from what 4 years ago? who just turned what? 22 today? They ain't gonna trade him, not a chance. Myers by process of elimination is that guy.

Hamonic would be nice but, quite frankly, we don't really need him, he's another RHD guy so at best, that's a lateral move.

Dude...  You dont trade a guy just because the RHD and LHD thing. Both Trouba and Buff can play either side Maurice has said that many times.

The only real time it matters is if its a stay at home Dman.... If hes a puck moving guy it dont matter what side they play as much as you think.

Some guys actually like playing the other side.

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

I can see how rumors get started. Pitt kicked the tires on Enstrom, Chevy didn't initiate anything and there were no proposals made. Enstrom will get you more than a first. Those fancy numbers of Trouba's???? Enstrom's are first and Buff's are second with Stu last.

Myers doesn't have a cap friendly contract, he has a 5.5m caphit. He has a salary friendly contract as his actual salary is 4m, 3.5m, and 3m for the next three years. I agree he is the logical one to be traded but unfortunately, the Jets don't get close to the cap so they love Myers' contract. His deal was front loaded. His first year's salary was 2m and a 10m signing bonus. His actual cost is only 10.5m for the next 3 years. Hamonic's actual salary starting next season is 4.875m and a caphit of 3.85m and he is signed for 4 more seasons after this one. I agree though, trade him this off-season.

It is harder and takes longer for a D man to take the puck off of the boards on his backhand if he is a RH shot and playing the left side or vice versa. Common sense isn't it? I'd be interested in knowing how many D men play their opposite side on the first two pairings in the league. Why do you always here there is a shortage of RHD if it doesn't matter?

Edited by Ducky