Around the NHL

Chicago hearing up

Bob Mac comfirms Jets were one of teams with more than cursory inyeresy in Drouin.  Says it will take a piece to help them now and a decent prospect. 

What could we offer?  Stafford if we retain , harkins and maybe burmi?  Or are those too spare part-ish?  Our 2nd round pick this year? (Low)

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Chicago hearing up

Bob Mac comfirms Jets were one of teams with more than cursory inyeresy in Drouin.  Says it will take a piece to help them now and a decent prospect. 

What could we offer?  Stafford if we retain , harkins and maybe burmi?  Or are those too spare part-ish?  Our 2nd round pick this year? (Low)

I don't believe that would be enough for Drouin.  Harkins is a 2nd round pick, Burmi is a former 1st round whose ceiling is 3rd line on a playoff team, and Stafford is an ageing vet with a year left on his contract.

Drouin would take a minimum of an Ehlers / Connor / Morrissey type prospect + maybe a pick depending which of those it is and maybe a throw in like Stafford to help now with the playoff run.

Drouin was a 3rd overall pick, and while there is question on his character right now, TB holds are the cards and they aren't going to take 50 cents on the dollar.

Drouin could probably be had for Myers straight up. Tampa wants an RHD. 

Drouins value is not equal 2 ehlers or Connor that's for sure. Guys not even playing hockey right now.  

Myers plus a small add is the most I'd offer. Not enough? Then let someone else overpay for him. I feel people think Drouin has massive value cuz he was drafted 3rd overall 3 years ago now. Yet... he asked to be traded and is now sitting out. Myers plus Harkins is probably all I'd offer. 

What if you trade for Drouin and Maurice puts him on the 3rd line. Does he sulk again? 

Edited by Goalie

17 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Drouin could probably be had for Myers straight up. Tampa wants an RHD. 

Drouins value is not equal 2 ehlers or Connor that's for sure. Guys not even playing hockey right now.  

Myers plus a small add is the most I'd offer. Not enough? Then let someone else overpay for him. I feel people think Drouin has massive value cuz he was drafted 3rd overall 3 years ago now. Yet... he asked to be traded and is now sitting out. Myers plus Harkins is probably all I'd offer. 

What if you trade for Drouin and Maurice puts him on the 3rd line. Does he sulk again? 

It isn't about what posters think he is actually worth, it only matters what TB thinks he is worth and what they will hold out for.

I agree, I would rather walk away from the trade then overpay which is why I don't think we trade for him.

I would give Chicago's 1st, Petan and maybe someone like Roslivic, but would prefer the 3rd piece be a different prospect.

Not sure TB takes that.

If the Jets make a trade involving Drouin and Myers, it had better be TB adding and not the Jets. Myers would bring back much more than Ladd this off-season. Save him for the Hamonic trade.

Petan, Staf, Chicago's 1st and either Postma or Chiarot and that's probably too much.

I think Staf could get you the return Hudler did. I'd take a 2nd and a 4th.

8 hours ago, Rich said:

I don't believe that would be enough for Drouin.  Harkins is a 2nd round pick, Burmi is a former 1st round whose ceiling is 3rd line on a playoff team, and Stafford is an ageing vet with a year left on his contract.

Drouin would take a minimum of an Ehlers / Connor / Morrissey type prospect + maybe a pick depending which of those it is and maybe a throw in like Stafford to help now with the playoff run.

Drouin was a 3rd overall pick, and while there is question on his character right now, TB holds are the cards and they aren't going to take 50 cents on the dollar.

And I have yet to see anything from him in the NHL that makes me think he should be wearing that title around his neck.  He's done some incredible things in junior, but every time he got an opportunity to show something in Tampa, he did not shine.  Would I give up Ehlers for him?  Woof.  Ehlers has shown he can shine playing against men.  Drouin so far has only shown he can dominate playing against other boys.

Giving up proven players for a very unproven one?  Approach with great caution, and don't get caught up in hype.

17 hours ago, Ducky said:

Petan, Staf, Chicago's 1st and either Postma or Chiarot and that's probably too much.

I think Staf could get you the return Hudler did. I'd take a 2nd and a 4th.

Take Staf out of the list above and you've got the right price.  Drouin is damaged goods.  Anyone interested in him has leverage and should use it.