Around the NHL

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

So Price is out for the year now.  How about Ladd & Pavs to Montreal for ???

MTL might be desperate for a goalie to get into the playoffs but I hate making trades with MTL.

The Jets were desperate for a vet goalie too when Pav went down and did not nothing. MTL like WPG might just be riding this out and say blame the year on injuries.

LOL. not a chance. PAVELEC SUCKS... everyone knows it. I don't understand how you don't Frosty. LOL.

Helle put up better numbers than PAV has... that's reality, The goaltending is not the issue, with PAV this team is dead last in the league cuz he doesn't steal any games....

This is temporary, Jets didn't need a veteran goaltender at all... Hellebuyck has better numbers than 90 percent of the starters in the league. 

There will be teams looking for goaltender help come the deadline, If Helle has been penciled in as the starter next year Pavs will not be the back up at 3.9 mil. think Chevy will take just about anything to get him off the books. Pavs does have some worth as he is signed for another year after this one but don't expect much in return.

42 minutes ago, Goalie said:

LOL. not a chance. PAVELEC SUCKS... everyone knows it. I don't understand how you don't Frosty. LOL.

Helle put up better numbers than PAV has... that's reality, The goaltending is not the issue, with PAV this team is dead last in the league cuz he doesn't steal any games....

This is temporary, Jets didn't need a veteran goaltender at all... Hellebuyck has better numbers than 90 percent of the starters in the league. 

When's the last time you looked at his stats?

GAA 2.34  18th

sv% .918  4 way tie for 16th

Win % .542  27th

very average or a bit below.

Quite a turn around for perennial doormat Sabres. 

The question is, can the Sabres afford it? Stamkos will want near the max. Ryan O'Reilly is getting paid $7 million. Rasmus Ristolainen will likely get at least $6 million. Sam Reinhart and Jack Eichelwill need new contracts in a few years. It would likely mean the Sabres would be parting ways with Evander Kane when his contract is up.

Such a bad position for Tampa. A contender this season but will be losing Drouin and Stamkos. 

They want to keep Stamkos to try and make a push. But will lose him for nothing. If they trade him they likely ice any hope of a deep playoff run but get a strong return. 

Complicating matters is Stamkos pulling the diva routine and not wanting to waive his NTC to move before the deadline. 

if it's me, I cut my losses and trade them both.  

Toronto will give Stamkos 10 mil and they are the only team that will do so.  With or without him Toronto wont make the playoffs for years so this would be a pure pr move on Leafs part. As for the cap i can't believe it will go down 4 mill but if it does there will be many teams scrambling to get under the cap.

On 2016-02-13 at 3:07 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

It would likely mean the Sabres would be parting ways with Evander Kane when his contract is up.

That's a given. EK will be a free agent signing by Las Vegas and I'm being serious.

On 2016-02-13 at 3:16 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

if it's me, I cut my losses and trade them both.  

They got their cup with Stamkos. So I kinda agree with this.

On 2016-02-13 at 11:16 AM, bustamente said:

Toronto will give Stamkos 10 mil and they are the only team that will do so.

TO or NYR. One and the same cities are they not.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

The Grey Cup kerfuffle.

So, with this announcement of an outdoor game featuring the Jets and Oilers, can we assume that Bettman has forgiven that big, mean Wade Miller for stepping on his toes? Or was there nothing there to begin with...like most of us thought?

2 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

The Grey Cup kerfuffle.

So, with this announcement of an outdoor game featuring the Jets and Oilers, can we assume that Bettman has forgiven that big, mean Wade Miller for stepping on his toes? Or was there nothing there to begin with...like most of us thought?

Nothing to forgive IMHO. Now that the GC is over then can have it whenever they want and apparently they want it during warm weather.