would you make this trade?

Denmark for chad owens (straight up or with something give or take to make it fair trade)

Wild for Chick? (Same as above)

My thinking is owens isnt having his best year, nor is denmark, but both can be explosive as well as owens improving our return game imo.

Love wild as I do denmark but we are pretty deep at lb and need a rush end opposite to westerman.

thoughts?

I only got to thinking about our situation based off some always fun to read riderfan fire sale threads, 1 was about trading vets, chick, gets, dressler n hall's names came up. Say what you want about age n price but imo chick is worth it. Cant get worse then paying for peach as one of or 2 DEs n chick is solid n fast. Im sure we could find the money for chick and I think sask would be interested in wild, their D for the most part stinks and wed be dealing from a position of meeting each others needs. Aside from westerman our Dline stinks, and with wild we have a very crowded lb group that its hard to even play them all. Imho we didnt really need wild but its great to have him all the same.

owens like denmark is always a threat but both are having off years. I dont think its age slowing them down but maybe change of scenery for both rekindles both their all star potential/ability. And even tho stouds tooks one to the house this past game, owens has proven to be much more consistent threat, plus I believe he had oshea as his st coordinator in TO (?) Where he enjoyed his most success

However if money is biggest issue, I dont believe denmark makes peanuts and if a restructured contract is needed for owens heavy with bonus incentives, so be it but I cant imagibe the $ tag between tbe 2 is crazy far off, could very well be a wash or close to. And chick is worth whatever peach makes + difference

I would only because I like owens as returner over stoudermere who im still not sold on. Im a denmark fan but hes been pretty iinvisible thisyear, or misused (thanks mb). Im also a wild fan to be sure (loved that final play hit in the calgary win to finish our 2014 season) but we got pretty good linebackers and when it comes down to it, wild may be better then the lot, but is it as impacting to the defense as a legit 2nd rushend? Sask wouldnt part with chick, but if ever an opportunity im thinking it woould take our "best" linebacker even if hes only been back 2 weeks

I think giving fans something to get excited about finishing off year might go a long way for next years optimism. Ive seen alot of extremely discontent and slowly disconnecting fans this year probably more then I can recall in sometime, and that says alot after 25 years of futility. I know for myself my excitement for next season will rely heavily on what management changes occur in the offseason, but if we made some player moves n looked far better then weve been before this post season I might get excited regardless. Weve shown some fight last 2 weeks but I dont want remainder of the games showcasing us as lovable losers. I wanna see some pride restored next 4 weeks. Trades might not do it, but its doing something at least not just aww shucks fellas, good try

However if money is biggest issue, I dont believe denmark makes peanuts and if a restructured contract is needed for owens heavy with bonus incentives, so be it but I cant imagibe the $ tag between tbe 2 is crazy far off, could very well be a wash or close to. And chick is worth whatever peach makes + difference

When Owens re-signed in 2013, his deal made him one of if not the highest non-QB's in the league (he was coming off his MOP season).  He would have to agree to a restructuring so you actually think he would be willing to come here for less guaranteed money?  Considering he lives in the GTA year round now and given how our on-field product is constantly the sh*ts, what incentive is there for him to agree to that?

What was his contract length? 2013 was nearly 3 seasons ago (once this one finishes) I cant imagine barker would do anything above 2+1, so. He'd have to negotiate. With this season and some injuries happening, I think its fair to say the MOP leverage he once had is pretty much void now. Not to say he couldnt sign say $150k with 50k bonus IF he either revamps our return game or becomes a recieving threat again and/or both.

I think chick is only mid way thru his contract since returning from the nfl but again I think hes worth big $. 8 sacks is still 8 better then almost our entire team not named westerman. And as mentioned the money peach is making covers a good portion of that as well as wilds salary (if that was indeed he piece moved) I cant be the only one who thinks we need a solid rush end opposite to westerman than a need for 10+ linebackers even if most are rostered just for st

What was his contract length? 2013 was nearly 3 seasons ago (once this one finishes) I cant imagine barker would do anything above 2+1, so. He'd have to negotiate. With this season and some injuries happening, I think its fair to say the MOP leverage he once had is pretty much void now. Not to say he couldnt sign say $150k with 50k bonus IF he either revamps our return game or becomes a recieving threat again and/or both.

He signed an extension last season as well... 2013 was just when he signed the deal to become one of the highest paid players in the league.  

But even if his deal ends after this season... is that better or worse?  If he's a free agent, then the Bombers give up Denny (who's under contract through 2016) for potentially nothing.  If he's under contract, the they have to try to renegotiate with Owens who doesn't have to agree to anything.

I would love to have either player on my team. However, both men have boat anchors for contracts so no thank you. Chick and Owens may be good players but both are making 200k or over a season. That is not good player import money, that is elite level import money, and I don't believe that either of them is elite in this league anymore. Certainly not Chick anyway. He is grossly overpaid. An argument could be made for Owens making that much since he is a dual threat player but his production has declined over the past season and a half.

Essentially the proposed trade would net us Chick and Owens, lose us Denmark and Wild and 1-2 other good/solid players for cap reasons. Sorry...not worth it.