A Request to the Blue Bombers

WBBFanWest

Dear Blue Bombers,

On Friday, September 25th, I'll be coming to Winnipeg for the game and bringing my adult son for his first ever taste of CFL football.  I'm not asking you to win, but please don't stink it up like you did in Montreal.  At least try and act like you actually want to put on a good show for your fans, ok? Can we do that one little thing?

Also, if it's not too much to ask, could you do a public firing of Marcel Bellefeuille before the coin toss?

Thanks a bunch.

A loyal but very discouraged fan. 

Not sure if Mike O'Shea reads these forums on a daily basis... 

Be a pal and pass it on to him, would you?

A few callers voiced the exact same sentiments as you on last nights CJOB Coaches Show.

And I'm sure that O'Shea said that he'd have to look at the tape of the coach's show before he would be able to respond?

A few callers voiced the exact same sentiments as you on last nights CJOB Coaches Show.

And I'm sure that O'Shea said that he'd have to look at the tape of the coach's show before he would be able to respond?

He actually acknowledged that the players haven't been living up to expectations, and that him and the players all appreciate the Winnipeg fans in that we have a very different fan base here in Winnipeg who are extremely passionate and knowledgeable. 

He actually acknowledged that the players haven't been living up to expectations, and that him and the players all appreciate the Winnipeg fans in that we have a very different fan base here in Winnipeg who are extremely passionate and knowledgeable. 

Well then, all I can say is that they have a strange way of showing it.

What more can you ask than that they try as hard as they can?

What I expect is that they at least look like they are embarrassed by their performance and do everything they can to try and fix that.  When I watched them play Montreal, they didn't look like that at all, especially in the first half.  O'Shea himself suggested that they were flat.  If they can't bring up the level of their play when they're looking at a game as important as this last one, I'd submit that there are some, more than a few, that are not "trying as hard as they can". 

It's like people think the Bombers are actively trying to lose...

No, I don't think that they are actively trying to lose, it's worse.  They're trying to win and too often, are failing miserably.  I posted this thread tongue in cheek, but at the same time I am really disappointed in this team, especially the last game because it really didn't look like a team playing with a sense of urgency, a sense of we have to dig in and win this thing.  And when they are hit with adversity, they just seem to immediately and completely fold.  And that is discouraging because that speaks directly to the heart of this team, and this is a team, with the exception of the defense, that is not showing a lot of heart.

And that to me is a puzzle because I had assumed that when O'Shea was hired, that, with his history, heart would never be something that we'd have to worry about with him in charge.  But it's like he just assumes that everyone is wired like him, and when they are not, he doesn't know how to motivate them.  And from my experience, a team with no heart, regardless of talent, will go nowhere.

I hate the person that taught IC Khari how to post gifs.

I taught a few people here...not sure if he was one of them.  On behalf of those that teach...we apologize for helping him out.  He did after all look like a lame lobotomized dog at the time, so we were just trying to give him a boost.