Baby Jets game tonight

Ducky

Helle let in a weak one but otherwise not bad...Petan and Morrissey really stuck out as did Lemieux. Lemieux could work on his game when he doesn't have the puck. He was caught out of position a couple of times but what a pest!!!!!! Good stick on his goal and lots of agitating. Esa Tikanen 2.0?  Comrie was good. I thought Harkins played very well and was really impressive, especially for an 18 year old. Could use his linemates more maybe.

Seems like I noticed that a bit today from both teams. They aren't going to be able to dipsy doodle like that in the NHL. Not most of them anyway.

Thought Ryan Olsen look good out there strong on the puck, improved skating and a little quicker. Also Kostalek was strong,good positioning, might be set in net for years to come with Comrie and Helly. Lemieux gonna be a pest who can score ,like Ehler,s quickness but sometimes tries to be to cute. As good as can be expected for the most part.

Thought Ryan Olsen look good out there strong on the puck, improved skating and a little quicker. Also Kostalek was strong,good positioning, might be set in net for years to come with Comrie and Helly. Lemieux gonna be a pest who can score ,like Ehler,s quickness but sometimes tries to be to cute. As good as can be expected for the most part.

ya, Olsen was good too.

Baby jets not doing that well 2 goals in 2 games wonder if Chevy may have to dip into the FA market after all?

Lol yes after months (years) of endless hours of scouting , drafting and developing players he will say F it and throw all of that in the trash and sign a FA or two instead based off of two games!  

I wouldn't read too much into the score of these games, nor does the performance of these games impact any free agent decision for the Jets this year.

These guys have had next to no practice time together and if you really want to evaluate why we loss you would have to look at why we loss the game (who was responsible for giving up the goal or not scoring) and then determine if those individuals have any chance at the team this year.

Out of that whole squad only a few guys have any legit chance to make the team this year.  Those few guys can't be on the ice all the time.

pretty disappointing game. Looked more like two teams playing shinny out there rather than a "young stars classic".  No one on the Jets really stood out, though I guess  Ehlers and Copp looked ok, without actually doing much.  There were a few guys out there for Winnipeg that I had never heard of like Fronk (?) and Serville (?).  Anyway, Petan had a few chances, but I also didn't like watching him dogging it to the bench on changes.  Vancouver one time was surging up the ice on a three on two and Petan was leisurely cruising back to the bench, delaying the ability of the change to come on to even up the 3-2.  I was not impressed.  Weak effort all around I felt.

McDavid not being there didn't effect me as I'm not going to the Oilers game.  After that game, I don't think I'll be going again next year either.

was definitely a little concerned with the Baby Jets losing pretty handily to the Canucks, who got thumped bad by the Oilers. Really thought that, in terms of farm systems, the Baby Jets went toe-to-toe with anyone. Maybe not so much.

It would be nice to see the young'ins have some success down in the tournament but in the grand scheme of things, the win / loss record in this tournament mean even less then the win / loss record of the pre-season.

And as was mentioned a couple of posts up, the Jets scouts do go NCAA heavy (and have had success doing so). And because of their goofy rules, those players don't play in the tournament (they would have to pay their own way if they did, because apparently accepting money for travel and expenses is considered being a "pro" and would disqualify them from NCAA play).

Both our 1st round picks from last year, Kyle Connor and Jack Roslovic aren't even there.   A few other mid-type prospects in Jack Glover, Tucker Poolman, and Clinston Franklin aren't there either.

It would be nice to see the young'ins have some success down in the tournament but in the grand scheme of things, the win / loss record in this tournament mean even less then the win / loss record of the pre-season.

And as was mentioned a couple of posts up, the Jets scouts do go NCAA heavy (and have had success doing so). And because of their goofy rules, those players don't play in the tournament (they would have to pay their own way if they did, because apparently accepting money for travel and expenses is considered being a "pro" and would disqualify them from NCAA play).

Both our 1st round picks from last year, Kyle Connor and Jack Roslovic aren't even there.   A few other mid-type prospects in Jack Glover, Tucker Poolman, and Clinston Franklin aren't there either.

Yeah good points. I was wondering why the NCAA guys weren't there. One guy that was funny to watch was Axel Blomquist. He just towers over everyone out there, but he doesn't hit anybody. He's a 6ft7inch Swede who plays like a 5'6 Russian.

I still expected a bit more out of DeLeo and Petan playing together - they should have had some chemistry, and other than one set up and shot by Petan it wasn't there. Petan also does this thing where he wheels away from the net after the shot, meaning he takes himself out of the play should there be a rebound. Bad habit. Ehlers is fast but didn't do much other than a few break-outs that didn't even lead to shots, and other than getting clobbered behind the net by Subban. Lemieux jumped in and took his gloves off to go after Subban but of course Subban wouldn't fight him. I wonder where he learned that move? :)

Maybe Petan expects to score on every rush lol

Im very curious about Axel.  Wasnt he considered a major project but with tons of upside?  If he has any skill at that size, even if he isnt a bruiser, he could have value with the reach and strength on his skates.  Worse case scenario, he might have value in a trade if another team sees the size and salivates at a reclamation project.

The thing about this tournament is that it's basically a showcase for the top prospects. There's no systems play and a lot of the guys who get invited will never get a sniff of the NHL, but the top prospects are supposed to put on a show. I'd be concerned that none of the Jets big time prospects have done that. This whole thing was supposed to be the Oilers and Jets showing off their fancy prospects that the other teams just lack. The Calgary and Vancouver teams are pretty terrible all in all, basically like one or two guys on either of those teams worth a damn. 

Maybe Petan expects to score on every rush lol

Im very curious about Axel.  Wasnt he considered a major project but with tons of upside?  If he has any skill at that size, even if he isnt a bruiser, he could have value with the reach and strength on his skates.  Worse case scenario, he might have value in a trade if another team sees the size and salivates at a reclamation project.

Blomquist should have been a defenceman. Imagine him and Myers on the ice at the same time? No one would be able to get past the blue line as with their wingspans they cover almost the entire width of the ice.

The thing about this tournament is that it's basically a showcase for the top prospects. There's no systems play and a lot of the guys who get invited will never get a sniff of the NHL, but the top prospects are supposed to put on a show. I'd be concerned that none of the Jets big time prospects have done that. This whole thing was supposed to be the Oilers and Jets showing off their fancy prospects that the other teams just lack. The Calgary and Vancouver teams are pretty terrible all in all, basically like one or two guys on either of those teams worth a damn.

The only guy on the Canucks who showed any talent was Virtanen. Otherwise yeah, they were just a bunch of schlubs. I thought Ehlers would skate rings around them but he didn't. Lemieux, Petan and Ehlers played together a lot and really did nothing. Copp and Kosmachuk had more chemistry, at least they had a few chances.

Just see no reason to be overly concerned about anything, this is really just a tourney to get some rest off, call it a tourney doesn't even make sense as the winner of the tourney is nobody... i mean, no real awards given out at all, It's to basically get your game legs and hands back in time for main camp and for some guys on tryout contracts to make an impression..

Petan,Ehlers,Lemieux have all shown flashes at times, Olsen too, They have all shown lots of skill out there, De Leo also.. Nothing is on the line here at all, It's all about basically avoiding injuries and getting your legs and hands back in time for camp... the guys who will be at camp, some will probably be sent back to junior. But what it does show me, Is outside of Morrissey and Kostalek and even Nogier, we really do lack D men.