Baby Jets game tonight

Ducky

Its a good thing we have a pretty young D Corp.  Its important for Morrissey to end up as a top 4 guy.  And thankfully Chiarot blossomed. 

With Myers, Trouba, Enstrom...and hopefully Morrissey, its a decent and fairly young top 4.  bottom 2 should be fairly easy to work out through drafting, development, trades, free agency.

Kosmo is gonna be on the moose and there was never any doubt about that really. Chevy doesn't even mention him when talking of players who could make the team this year.

Still get the impression that there might be a spot on the 4th line for Lemieux tho, not sure why but... he's really impressed me at the young stars tourney, Really good pest, draws penalties, sticking up for his team mate last night.. was pretty impressive actually. 

Probably back to Junior one more year but.. seriously wouldn't be surprised if he gets a few games with the club to start the year. He's exactly the type of 4th liner that you'd like on your team.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in Maurice's office.  He said they have four mock line ups he's working with.  It would be interesting to see where they slot guys in before training camp.  Have to assume Copp is 4C.

But with Chevy saying Ehlers, Petan, Armia are all expected to push for spots, it makes you wonder.

Cant see Ehlers on the 4th.  Armia maybe...But generally you dont just slot in the 10th, 11th, 12th best guys onto the 4th.  Its guys suited to that role.

In todays NHL you don't see many "suited to the role" 4th lines anymore. It's a good place for young players to get sheltered minutes and provide depth scoring without much pressure. Lots of teams trying to go with 3 offensive lines and one checking line these days. 

Cant see Ehlers on the 4th.  Armia maybe...But generally you dont just slot in the 10th, 11th, 12th best guys onto the 4th.  Its guys suited to that role.

In todays NHL you don't see many "suited to the role" 4th lines anymore. It's a good place for young players to get sheltered minutes and provide depth scoring without much pressure. Lots of teams trying to go with 3 offensive lines and one checking line these days. 

Ehlers doesnt strike me as suited to a checking line.

No and that's not what I said, 3rd lines generally become checking lines and 4th lines are lines that can play against softer competition. 

Cant see Ehlers on the 4th. Armia maybe...But generally you dont just slot in the 10th, 11th, 12th best guys onto the 4th. Its guys suited to that role.

No and that's not what I said, 3rd lines generally become checking lines and 4th lines are lines that can play against softer competition.

Not sure id agree with that.

@TSNHockey: Insider Trading is back. Oh, how we've missed you. #Stamkos #Kane #LNHQuebec #TSNHockey http://t.co/mmL1tPqahThttp://t.co/i4JuJSGZb7

Bob McKenzie weighs in on Ehlers. Says returning to Junior is the bottom of his list and if he doesn't make the Jets they will explore playing in Europe or "fine print" that might allow him to play in the AHL (?)

Comrie didn't have a very good 3rd period at all. He was on his knees for all 4 goals but played poorly in the 3rd. Didn't make the save when the team needed it like the the first two periods.

Ehlers was very good in the 3rd and is a VERY smart player. I wonder what he would look like with Scheifele as his center? Knocked one off the post in the third that rang the bell. NHL speed and shot. Very smart player too. Interested to see what he will look like against NHL caliber players.

Copp plays a good game and showed he has O smarts, not only D smarts.

Not much of a sample size and they played with sub NHL caliber players (both sides) but I would think Petan and Morrissey both start with the Moose. This could change if they play a better game at TC. Morrissey looked uninterested at times....not focused. I'd really like to see Morrissey make the team this year. Maybe they'd trade Stuart?