When Incompetence Isn't Fired, Teamwork Is Destroyed

BigBlue

In the business world, when incompetent employees are not dismissed, staff morale suffers, cooperation  / coordination  starts to disappear. and before long team work is replaced by individualism.

Its no different in football. A good example is the Blue's 2014 linebacking decisions. That kind of management example has come home to roost in 2015; in fact it is now permeating the organizatiom. Its spreading like a cancer.

I agree that incompetence can do all the things you have stated. However, in my 20+ years as a business owner, I can count exactly zero times where a customer with no experience in my line of business correctly identified incompetence by a member of my staff.

great call.. without knowing what is happening behind the scenes and what really is the end game... suggesting such a thing is a little much... especially after a move like firing a coach has jusy gone down..

I agree that incompetence can do all the things you have stated. However, in my 20+ years as a business owner, I can count exactly zero times where a customer with no experience in my line of business correctly identified incompetence by a member of my staff.

great call.. without knowing what is happening behind the scenes and what really is the end game... suggesting such a thing is a little much... especially after a move like firing a coach has jusy gone down..

Bullshit. These guys are judged by their on-the-field production. That's their job and if they can't perform then the behind-the-scenes crap is just an excuse.

They made a couple changes (Nichols and Tracy) but if this doesn't pan out, then what is next? More behind the scenes crap?

You obviously have never been employed by government, the whole system thrives on it.

Obviously you have never been employed by government.

Starts from the top down. Frankly we ask for it by electing clowns who install their own clown shows into the civil service. Patronage hirings and appointments to senior level management and the ineptitude runs down hill. The only people who have a hot clue about what is going on in the civil service and should be the management, are most often not politically connected enough to advance their careers. Sad state of affairs.

You obviously have never been employed by government, the whole system thrives on it.

Obviously you have never been employed by government.

Starts from the top down. Frankly we ask for it by electing clowns who install their own clown shows into the civil service. Patronage hirings and appointments to senior level management and the ineptitude runs down hill. The only people who have a hot clue about what is going on in the civil service and should be the management, are most often not politically connected enough to advance their careers. Sad state of affairs.

You don't have to look at the civil service for that. Almost any GM, administrator, supervisor or CEO will begin to fill vacancies with people who s/he knows and friends are high on the hire list. Crappy, but reality.