2015-2016 training camp

Ducky

Wow people are impatient. Kosmachuk is only 21 with one year in the AHL under his belt. No one was expecting him to crack the roster this year. Career AHL'er.... Gimme a break.

You see him playing with the Jets the way he has played in Penticton or last night? I don't.

Maurice said they will probably have 4 forwards in the lineup that have never played an NHL game before!!!

Ehlers, Armia, Copp and Petan? Wow.

Try again... Copp played an NHL game last year

Lemieux is the other guy. 

Ehlers,Petan,Armia,Lemieux

Telling you that 4th line is gonna be

Lemieux Petan Armia to start... 

Come to think of it, Armia played a game in the NHL last year, too.

Yeah he did..

Burmi didn't.. Ehlers didn't. Petan didn't. Lemieux didn't. Raffl didn't.

Something we maybe over looking is who has been Petans one winger in the pre-season game he played, it was Thorburn.. a 4th line staple. 

Wouldn't shock me to see Lemieux,Petan,Armia start the year on the 4th line but maybe Lemieux sent down it becomes Thorbs,Petan,Armia. 

Armia looks good.

I think Petan is on the bubble to play on opening night only because he can play for the Moose.  All things being equal they might send him down right away and keep Lemieux for 8 or 9 games.

Olsen looked good too.

I should haev said what he said better....he said probably 4 forwards that have never played a NHL game befoer. Not necessarily starting opening night, but on the roster. I inferred the 23 man roster. I should have said it better, sorry.

"We're probably going to have, maybe not on the opening roster, but there might be 4 guys on our lineup that didn't play in the National Hockey League last year, up front. That's a third of your forwards. So, we're going to figure out how to do it, and we're going to play our style of hockey."

Consider the source but its fun to speculate (Eklund)

Rumors continue to swirl that the Bruins are investigating a possible HUGE deal with the Jets to land Dustin Byfuglien...All this comes on the heals of injuries to Seidenberg and most recently Chara.

What would the Bruins have that we'd want?

Eklund + "heals" = yawn....

Consider the source but its fun to speculate (Eklund)

Rumors continue to swirl that the Bruins are investigating a possible HUGE deal with the Jets to land Dustin Byfuglien...All this comes on the heals of injuries to Seidenberg and most recently Chara.

What would the Bruins have that we'd want?

It's hard to say.  Are they rebuilding or what?  They've given away some pretty big pieces lately.  But then why would they want Byfuglien?

They have some picks but their prospect pool seems weak, IMO.  I'd love to get back one of their top 6 forwards like Marchand, Krejci or Eriksson.  But would they trade those guys away?  Not sure.

Pastrnak, their 1st... a LHD man... That's about it... Jets wouldn't be after wingers or guys like that unless they were young, i don't see them having any interesting in a guy like Eriksson or Krejci or Marchand for that matter...

It would be a guy like Pastrnak for sure plus their 1st... If they offered that, i'd have a hard time saying no. 

Pastrnak, their 1st... a LHD man... That's about it... Jets wouldn't be after wingers or guys like that unless they were young, i don't see them having any interesting in a guy like Eriksson or Krejci or Marchand for that matter...

It would be a guy like Pastrnak for sure plus their 1st... If they offered that, i'd have a hard time saying no. 

But what's Boston's endgame here?  Does it not seem like they are entering a rebuilding phase?

I'm honestly not sure if they even know so i have no clue really.... It certainly seems like they are entering a rebuilding phase but... then again, who knows. What day is it today really is how i see it there. 

I know they were in cap hell and had to get rid of some guys and then butchered the draft a bit but... i really don't know what they are doing there.

re-tooling? they don't have much in the pipeline tho, rebuilding? they still have quite a few vets on that team.

For real tho, I don't think we make very good trade partners cuz i'd imagine, what we'd want isn't what they'd be willing to give up.

Pastrnak? I'd take him in a second and i'm sure the Jets would want him too, he's young, he fits in, the 1st round pick? For sure... but outside of those 2, if you look at Bostons roster and even their prospect roster.... The Jets biggest area of concern is left handed d. Boston doesn't really have any to offer.

Have to push for Krug

Krug, Kelly, Heinen or... Heinen, Hargrove, 1st Round Pick

Can't see the Bruins trading away any defencemen at this point

Chara is day-to-day... could be back soon

If its me, I try to package Toby and Buff to Boston for:

Krug, Kelly, Heinen, Zboril

The Winnipeg Jets announced they have re-assigned 16 players from training camp including the following 14 players to the Manitoba Moose:
John Albert
Joel Armia
Eric Comrie
*Patrice Cormier
Chase De Leo
*Matt Fraser   
*Matt Halischuk
Brenden Kichton
Scott Kosmachuk
Jan Kostalek
Andrew MacWilliam
*Julian Melchiori
Josh Morrissey
Ryan Olsen

*pending waivers

The following two players have been released to their junior clubs:

Nelson Nogier-Red Deer (WHL)
Brendan Lemieux-Barrie (OHL)

Morrissey to me looks like a small Dman. Makes Toby look bigger.

Disappointed by Armia being sent down.

Lemieux may been loved before camp but I just not see anything from him.

Halischuk no longer teacher's pet. Whose the new 13th forward? Hmmm.

Wonder if Fraser get picked up.

Helle vs Hutch battle taking place?