Run Based O?

rebusrankin

I don't know if Marve will ever be a starter in this league but do you not think we might be giving up on him a little too soon?

Wasn't he something like 11/12 at the half? At least that's what I thought I saw on TSN.

I could do that too if I never threw a pass further than 5 yards downfield and took 5 sacks.

All I'm saying is that in the 1st half he was moving the ball but we couldn't capitalize in the  red zone.  That I lay squarely on the OC.  

Been saying this for long time - back to Charlie Roberts days - bombers used to be Chicago Bears of cfl - need 20-25 touches a game

Remember the games against Sask last year when they would start running the ball? Everyone knew what was coming and there was absolutely nothing we could do to stop them running the ball down our throat. Calgary did the same to Sask the game before this one. If your backs are good and your oline can block there isn't much a team can do to stop a run-based O.

Been saying this for long time - back to Charlie Roberts days - bombers used to be Chicago Bears of cfl - need 20-25 touches a game

Remember the games against Sask last year when they would start running the ball? Everyone knew what was coming and there was absolutely nothing we could do to stop them running the ball down our throat. Calgary did the same to Sask the game before this one. If your backs are good and your oline can block there isn't much a team can do to stop a run-based O.

It doesn't help when your OC doesn't believe that a running game is important to  a balanced offence.   

I don't know if Marve will ever be a starter in this league but do you not think we might be giving up on him a little too soon?

Wasn't he something like 11/12 at the half? At least that's what I thought I saw on TSN.

I could do that too if I never threw a pass further than 5 yards downfield and took 5 sacks.

All I'm saying is that in the 1st half he was moving the ball but we couldn't capitalize in the red zone. That I lay squarely on the OC.

When did they move the ball? They got into the red zone on two turnovers from the D and special teams and couldn't muster more than a first down and a field goal on each. Did they have a single drive with more than 3 first downs?

It doesn't help when your OC doesn't believe that a running game is important to a balanced offence.

You should look into Bellefeuille's past. He's often had one of the best running attacks in the league and many 1000 yard rushers. There's some bigger issues here related to lack of talent, particularly at QB and OL.

Bellefeuille is an average to good OC, nothing spectacular for sure, but he's taking a ridiculous amount of grief for QBs that aren't CFL quality, regardless of what people feel their potential might be.

It doesn't help when your OC doesn't believe that a running game is important to  a balanced offence.   

http://giphy.com/gifs/see-description-RrxTflbTweMlW

My question is to all the "put Marve in" backers - who were screaming for MOS's head for not playing Marve, are you willing to admit he was right?

I think the Bombers have slowly realized how flunked they are at QB...hence the bringing in of those two QBs on the roster.

Marve, right now, is no more than a long shot...as a third stringer. Elevate Davis and eliminate Brohm.

It's the only move we have right now. We have to beat Saskatchewan and I don't care if they have to bring back Yantz to do it.

Don't give Brohm any more reps...cut him, give the reps to Davis.

My question is to all the "put Marve in" backers - who were screaming for MOS's head for not playing Marve, are you willing to admit he was right?

I think the Bombers have slowly realized how flunked they are at QB...hence the bringing in of those two QBs on the roster.

Marve, right now, is no more than a long shot...as a third stringer. Elevate Davis and eliminate Brohm.

It's the only move we have right now. We have to beat Saskatchewan and I don't care if they have to bring back Yantz to do it.

O'Shea was NOT right. Brohm was and is far worse than Marve, even with Marve's putrid display Saturday. Brohm hit his performance ceiling as soon as he arrived and has not progressed, but Marve was an unknown, and maybe still is. If the GM and coaches saw that Marve was only as good as he was against Calgary, why in Hades did they even bother keeping him around? Buck can hold a clipboard as well as anyone.

O'Shea was NOT right. Brohm was and is far worse than Marve, even with Marve's putrid display Saturday. Brohm hit his performance ceiling as soon as he arrived and has not progressed, but Marve was an unknown, and maybe still is. If the GM and coaches saw that Marve was only as good as he was against Calgary, why in Hades did they even bother keeping him around? Buck can hold a clipboard as well as anyone.
O'Shea said he wasn't ready, and he is right..he isn't. He may never be. Scary as it might sound, Brohm was the better option..as backup at the time. Now, it's pretty obvious, we don't even have a backup.

Time for the next man up.

This QB thing, over the last few years is...killing us.

O'Shea said he wasn't ready, and he is right..he isn't. He may never be. Scary as it might sound, Brohm was the better option..as backup at the time. Now, it's pretty obvious, we don't even have a backup.

Time for the next man up.

This QB thing, over the last few years is...killing us.

I suggest that Brohm has proven repeatedly that he is useless, and we did not know how good Marve may be. I repeat my question: if the coaches knew that Marve could never be any better than he showed yesterday, why was he kept?

Does anyone have a truck full of cow manure and Marcel Bellefeuille's home address? No reason in particular, just wondering...

Really pissed off at my coaching too. I want to borrow the truck too.

In the meantime, I'll trade you Brohm for Sunseri straight up.

Does anyone have a truck full of cow manure and Marcel Bellefeuille's home address? No reason in particular, just wondering...

That would be like trading projectile diahorrea for an impacted colon.

That would be like trading projectile diahorrea for an impacted colon.

LOL! But half seriously, I didn't see any gophers killed by Sunseri today and he actually made some good throws.